Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Please report site technical issues here.....

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 29, 2018, 12:32 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 10 (13432 views)
Shortcut
Please report site technical issues here..... Can't Post or Reply Privately

As you know there have been a couple of changes to the site recently... GDPR which has resulted in a consent form appearing and the switch to https from http.
The GDPR form is required by law in order to serve ads on the site, it should appear just the once.

The switch to the more secure https is something all sites should be doing and will surely have to at some time in the future. Browsers are starting to display warning messages on any sites still using the old http and Google is starting to 'down rank' any sites that have not made the upgrade.

If you have any technical issues resulting from these changes particularly the consent notice appearing more than once then please report it here and include:

The platform you are using

Browser and version... do you have it set clear browsing history and cookies when you close it?

Privacy Settings
Any third party cookie control programmes such as CCleaner or any settings in your anti-virus that relates to cookies.

A detailed description of the problem including any error messages etc
Thanks.... Steve

(This post was edited by steve walker on Jul 1, 2018, 11:35 PM)

IAN S
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2018, 8:56 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #2 of 10 (13089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Every time I post I'm having to go back to adjust the formatting.
It just doesn't recognise things like paragraphs, line breaks, etc, never used to do this.
Have other people had similar problems?

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

steve walker
Administrator

Jul 19, 2018, 10:46 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 10 (13028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It will do that if you compose a message in another programme like Word or Notepad and then copy and paste it here.

IAN S
First Team Star

Jul 19, 2018, 12:40 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #4 of 10 (13002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's the opposite with me Steve, it works fine when I do that.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Aug 7, 2018, 7:50 AM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #5 of 10 (12430 views)
Shortcut

When I first access the site and click on General Discussion I get a message saying Access denied you are not authorised to view this page. If I then click on main index from there I can access everything. Not insurmountable but a bit frustrating.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2018, 4:46 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #6 of 10 (12086 views)
Shortcut

When. from https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi , I select any item from the "top menu" eg "Main Site Menu", "Tables/Fixtures/Results", "Old Tables" etc I am now getting the low graphics version of the pages.

This is in Chrome. I've deleted all NLM cookies , cleared the cache and rebooted but to no avail.

Internet Explorer, which I make a point of not using, is delivering the full graphics version OK.

Any techie experts able to suggest what I need to do to Chrome?

EDIT I've just checked and the Admin pages have the same problem.

Pages are displaying fine in Chrome on the missus' computer so it's not a bandwidth issue.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Aug 23, 2018, 4:56 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 23, 2018, 6:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 10 (12058 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think there is a privacy setting in Chrome that can stop images displaying so check that

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 23, 2018, 10:00 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #8 of 10 (12029 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I think there is a privacy setting in Chrome that can stop images displaying so check that

All back to normal now. A mystery,

noprogs
First Team Regular

Sep 8, 2018, 7:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #9 of 10 (11439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Every time I post I'm having to go back to adjust the formatting.
It just doesn't recognise things like paragraphs, line breaks, etc, never used to do this.
Have other people had similar problems?

Yes. I am still getting exactly that problem.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 23, 2018, 10:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 10 (10424 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Please report site technical issues here..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've seen this occasionally now. I don't know what causes it... seems to to be somthing to do with how the post you reply to is posted. You just have to edit the post after posting.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3