Newport Town

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 18, 2018, 12:21 PM

Post #1 of 64 (7431 views)
Shortcut
Newport Town Can't Post or Reply Privately

The lack of organisation in our main governing body is astounding.

We were told in an email from Rob Smith that we couldnt appeal our allocation until we received official confirmation.

Mickey,

I can confirm that the notification of allocations has not yet been published by the Association and therefore you as a Club have yet to be notified. You can only appeal a decision once you have received written notification which will be sent in due course by the Association.

Our department are not involved within the above process so am unsure what your Club has/hasn’t been allocated to and I am merely informing you of the Appeal process, therefore and for the avoidance of any doubt you are not currently required to complete anything.

Regards

Rob

So last week we sent our appeal as we received step 7 allocation.

Two days later we're told we're out of time, I clearly explain Rob emailed saying we couldnt appeal until we had our allocation. Today I've received this back from same person in Judicial services.

Good Morning Mickey,

After speaking to my colleague, it was stated that only facts were given to with regards to the Step 7 Allocations, however as per my original email, I can confirm the Appeal is still out of time and we are unable to proceed further.

Regards,

Jas

This country and grassroots is down the pan I'm afraid, what an absolute shambles, we follow instructions, pay our money and then get told this. Personally I think they know we have a strong case and are trying to find reasons to avoid a hearing.

To say we're fuming is an understatement, don't think you've heard the last of this just yet.

steveking
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 18, 2018, 5:39 PM

Team(s): Ware, Everton, Kingstonian, Leicester, Portsmouth

Post #2 of 64 (6996 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bakes] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
After speaking to my colleague, it was stated that only facts were given to with regards to the Step 7 Allocations, however as per my original email, I can confirm the Appeal is still out of time and we are unable to proceed further.

Either you left out some words in transcribing this (no offence intended if so, we can all make those kind of mistakes) or the highlighted section is semi-literate nonsense. I have no idea what is being said or intended here. Maybe the FA does have a lack of organisation but given the apparent levels of literacy who can be surprised?

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 18, 2018, 5:49 PM

Post #3 of 64 (6985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steveking] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Glad I wasn’t the only one that didn’t understand it... we’re on to it anyway so will update once we have a response

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 18, 2018, 7:23 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #4 of 64 (6812 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Glad I wasn’t the only one that didn’t understand it... we’re on to it anyway so will update once we have a response

I knew this would happen. I said on this forum (probably replying to you I think) that it made no sense that Newport Town could not appeal YET based on the fact they had only declared the Step 6 and above constitutions and thus Newport did not know their allocated league for sure yet.

They of course did, as with not being in the WMRL Prem, the ONLY league they could be in was still in Div One of said league.

And of course the likes of Warminster and Portishead were in the same boat - that is, not being included in the Step 6 allocations, yet not being told what league they were in yet for sure (again both had only ONE option of leagues to fall into)

Yet both Warminster and Portishead were permitted to appeal immediately. Their situation was, in affect, no different to that of Newport Town - not included in Step 6 allocations = appeal!!!

They've done a number on you that's for sure, but when nonsense stares a club in the face, they should not just accept it and run the risk of being completely screwed over. The club should have appealed the decision earlier! No one can stop the club sending an email or a letter! Better to be too early than too late!

villan
First Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 12:59 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa-Newport County-

Post #5 of 64 (6076 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It does seem there has been a serious breakdown in communications here. The only sense I can make of it is that FA are saying the advice they gave was on basis of them thinking Newport were appealing against their placing of being in one step 7 league rather than another as that justifies the comment you cannot appeal before you are officially notified which league you are in. Obviously Newport wanted to appeal against not being placed at step 6 which would be governed by time deadlines for that step. Who is responsible for this misunderstanding depends on what exact communication happened between them.

End 2017-18, Total Grounds 1365

New grounds 2018/19

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 1:03 PM

Post #6 of 64 (6069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villan] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Basically we emailed on 29th May asking what the process was, they have taken this as our intent to appeal and gave us 7 days to send in writing, although at no point were we informed.

On 6th May they told us we were out of time so we said we hadnt appealed yet and hadnt been given our allocation, to which we received a response agreeing with us saying nothing to appeal against. They've mailed again this morning saying decision stands and out of time. We're now in process of seeking legal advice and going to local and national press, our local FA are also speaking to them to find out what they are playing at. Absolutely ridiculous it is

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 19, 2018, 3:09 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia Mönchengladbach

Post #7 of 64 (5869 views)
Shortcut

If you’d applied for promotion to the new NWCL1S, just like St Martin’s did. You’d have been advised on what you needed to do & the groundshare with Eccleshall would’ve been acceptable. Steeton were able to groundshare at Keighley, that was acceptable & they’ve never even played there.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 3:50 PM

Post #8 of 64 (5793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know, but we don't really want to go into the NWC as we are Telford based. I know what you're saying though

windydcfc

Jun 19, 2018, 4:15 PM

Post #9 of 64 (5746 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I know, but we don't really want to go into the NWC as we are Telford based. I know what you're saying though

Now you’re groundsharing at Eccleshall, you’ll almost certainly be promoted to the NWCL1S if you are promoted.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 4:25 PM

Post #10 of 64 (5724 views)
Shortcut

Oswestry and St Martins both used the Venue, St Martins applied for NWC, they didnt get placed there so there's proof there that the theory you mention wont always be the case

windydcfc

Jun 19, 2018, 4:31 PM

Post #11 of 64 (5714 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Oswestry and St Martins both used the Venue, St Martins applied for NWC, they didnt get placed there so there's proof there that the theory you mention wont always be the case

They were promoted & have been placed into the NWCL1S

HollowTalker
Youth Team Sub

Jun 19, 2018, 4:35 PM

Post #12 of 64 (5698 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

How long is the groundshare for?

I doubt you'd be able to get a suitable ground in Newport together in anything less than 2 years.

Planning permission isn't a quick process for something of that type.

I'm not knocking your ideas just looking at it realistically.

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 5:07 PM

Post #13 of 64 (5633 views)
Shortcut

Yeah they applied and were told finish top 5 and we will look at it. The FA didnt just move them they applied. Thats my point, if they hadnt applied they would still be in West mids groundsharing with Oswestry and TNS from The Venue

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 5:08 PM

Post #14 of 64 (5632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HollowTalker] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Two years, we have a new ground being built, we have all the plans etc its all been sent to the FA so they can see this isnt a long term share, we have ambition to progress and are doing things the right way

windydcfc

Jun 19, 2018, 5:10 PM

Post #15 of 64 (5628 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Yeah they applied and were told finish top 5 and we will look at it. The FA didnt just move them they applied. Thats my point, if they hadnt applied they would still be in West mids groundsharing with Oswestry and TNS from The Venue

Clubs like yours & Wem will always be in danger of being placed into either the NWCL1S or WMRL Prem. You could actually be moved back & forth every season.

siramisp
Youth Team Star

Jun 19, 2018, 8:02 PM

Post #16 of 64 (5451 views)
Shortcut

What would you gain from going to the press? Isn't it a battle best served behind closed doors with your County FA supporting?

Can't see the FA would change their mind on the basis of a press article?

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 19, 2018, 9:46 PM

Post #17 of 64 (5308 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Behind closed doors doesnt seem to be working fellas

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 19, 2018, 9:49 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #18 of 64 (5293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What would you gain from going to the press? Isn't it a battle best served behind closed doors with your County FA supporting?

Can't see the FA would change their mind on the basis of a press article?

Exactly. Its just a small percentage of the population who are interested in non league football. Many of those who are disagree with the FALC about almost everything.Just look at this forum.
However it does not make the slightest difference to the FALC what people say about them. Even if its said in local newspapers.
If your parent FA support you do it through them.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 20, 2018, 7:10 AM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #19 of 64 (5035 views)
Shortcut

I am still uncertain if you applied for step 6?

If so, did anyone else from your division get promoted?

If you did apply for step 6 then did you appeal when you did not appear in those constitutions?

Last ground visited: Rochester United. Avg Goal 15/16: 4.43 Avg att 15/16: 392. New grounds 15/16: 37

Bakes
Junior Team Regular

Jun 20, 2018, 12:36 PM

Post #20 of 64 (4789 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No, we found out via social media, we’ve not had one email from FA, we just had one off league with step 7 allocation on mon 12th June. The Judicial services told me on email on 7th June we had nothing to appeal against until we had our official allocation. St Martins have moved leagues to step 6, wem have been promoted

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2018, 12:38 PM

Post #21 of 64 (4783 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
No, we found out via social media, we’ve not had one email from FA, we just had one off league with step 7 allocation on mon 12th June. The Judicial services told me on email on 7th June we had nothing to appeal against until we had our official allocation. St Martins have moved leagues to step 6, wem have been promoted

So what is your next move.

KnowYourMarket

Jun 20, 2018, 12:43 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #22 of 64 (4772 views)
Shortcut

You didn't answer my 1st question, did you apply for promotion?

Last ground visited: Rochester United. Avg Goal 15/16: 4.43 Avg att 15/16: 392. New grounds 15/16: 37

Sarumio
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2018, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #23 of 64 (4748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Newport Town [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
You didn't answer my 1st question, did you apply for promotion?

hey didn't need to unless they were looking to move outside of the WMRL. Much like Wem Town did NOT apply for promotion - as there was no requirement to do so - promotion and relegation matters in leagues that operate at Steps 6 AND 7 are dealt with internally by those leagues.

I'm sure it is written into the league's constitution / rules and regs, that the top two in Div One are promotion places.

NKF Burbage and Smithswood Firs in the sister division to the WMRL D1 have both been promoted whilst in ground shares! So why weren't Newport allowed up from their automatic promotion place in exactly the same circumstances?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 20, 2018, 6:16 PM

Post #24 of 64 (4557 views)
Shortcut

What have the WMRL got to say about all this?

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 21, 2018, 7:16 AM

Post #25 of 64 (4251 views)
Shortcut

The FALC sort out the allocations. However where divisions are in house within a league it will have its own arrangements. When allocating the FALC are supposed to honour these standing promotion/relegation arrangements.

Correct me if i am wrong. You finished second and there are two promotion places in the WMRL as a usual in house arrangement.
But you were denied promotion.
Surely the WMRL would have had something to say about that as soon as allocations were announced.
This does not make sense to me.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3