Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Estonia 5/5/2018

Cleeve
Youth Team Regular

May 8, 2018, 7:45 PM

Post #1 of 1 (1670 views)
Shortcut
Estonia 5/5/2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

This posting is primarily a thank you to all those who have posted about their own trips to Estonia and, in particular, Tallinn. They have all been very useful and allowed me to pick my one match of the weekend (there were others available, but I was with my other half).

Saturday 5th May 2018, Kickoff 1600hrs
Estonian Premium Liiga
Tallinna FCI Levadia v Viljandi JK Tulevik 5-0 (ht 3-0)
Venue: Kadrioru Staadion, Roheline aas 24, Kadriorg district, Tallinn, Estonia
Entry: 7 (3 for 'pensioners')
Programme: Folded A4 included in admission price
Attendance: 283 (official)

Only a month ago there was snow in Tallinn and this was the first warm weekend of their season, meaning I could see a game on grass. Kalev were kicking off at 1pm and Levadia at 4pm.
Kalev appear to be using the 3g pitch behind the big concrete Kalevi bowl, so I chose Levadia.

As reported before, this is in a nice part of town and is a 10 minute walk from the end of tram line 1. The crowd was spread thinly across the large stand with only a handful of noisy guys on the opposite open seating. The standard of play looked similar to National South with top of the table Levadia having enough possession and chances to achieve double figures. The ground does nowadays have floodlights but these were not needed as the sky was still light at 10pm.

There's lots to see in Tallinn, mainly within the old town. Tram 4 runs frequently between the airport and the centre.

Porgu (4 Rueuetli) is by far the best place to sample local (craft) beers with 12 Estonian beers on draft and nearly 200 in bottles. Overseas beers, such as Belgian, are also available as is food. Hell Hunt is a good second choice, but Beer House is limited to own brew German style beers in a faux Bier Keller.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3