Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Polish advice needed:

Mishi
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 25, 2018, 1:00 PM

Team(s): Dulwich Hamlet

Post #1 of 9 (2068 views)
Shortcut
Polish advice needed: Can't Post or Reply Privately

I am planning to be in Poland around the weekend of Fr. 18th to Mon. 21st July 2018.

I've tried searching the internet but can't find any start dates for the Polish season, I realise fixtures won't be out yet.

If it's still their pre-season does anyone know the best places to look for pre-season matches at any level to check at a later date, once they are out?
Not sure where I'll base myself yet, but will probably stay in Warsaw.

Also: before that I will be in Germany, probably Berlin for a few days. Does anyone know if they tend to have many midweek pre-seasons there at any level, or do they stick to weekends?

Many thanks for any advice, or pointers for where I can search.

Grounds visited: 745
Last new ground:Horsham FC; The Camping World Community Stadium, Horsham, West Sussex. (Isthmian League Premier Division)
Last game: Saturday 21st September 2019: Dulwich Hamlet 6, Bognor Regis Town 1. [ FA Cup 2nd qualifying round]
Matches watched this season: 46
2017/18-New English grounds: 7 & foreign: 0

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 25, 2018, 1:30 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 9 (2038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mishi] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No idea on Poland but you should have no problem getting PSF (testspiel) matches in Berlin during the week.

KnowYourMarket

Apr 25, 2018, 1:48 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #3 of 9 (2021 views)
Shortcut

Polish season started that week last year.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 25, 2018, 1:49 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #4 of 9 (2021 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

For Polish fixtures, try http://www.90minut.pl/
Looking quickly, I see they started on 15. Lipca this season, and i believe that means July

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

AndyE
First Team Star

Apr 25, 2018, 1:51 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 9 (2018 views)
Shortcut

"Ekstraklasa w sezonie 2018/19 wystartuje 20 lipca 2018 roku." That sentence of Polish means that the 2018-19 Premier season in Poland will begin on 20 July. I Liga starts a week later since they play 34 games to the Premier's 37, and lower leagues don't start until mid August.

Ekstraklasa clubs will announce their pre-season games on their websites just as an English club would. But below Ekstraklasa, clubs' social media presence can be limited and primitive, and pre-season games during the speedway season are likely to be rather low key.

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 25, 2018, 9:16 PM

Team(s): SG Dynamo Dresden, FC Stahl Brandenburg

Post #6 of 9 (1934 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

in Berlin they usually play the "Bürgermeister Pokal" in all Berlin suburbs any weekday "all summer long", this means the mayors cup, relating to Neukölln Cup e.g., or Steglitz Cup e.g. and so on ... all are PSF in any meaning.

Get an issue of the FUSSBALLWOCHE, and everything will be fine. usually published each monday, including all the fixtures

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 25, 2018, 10:09 PM

Team(s):

Post #7 of 9 (1916 views)
Shortcut
Re: [brb] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Get an issue of the FUSSBALLWOCHE, and everything will be fine. usually published each monday, including all the fixtures

Sounds like an excellent idea. But would it be possible to invent a computer system where the days's fixtures for a particular country appear on a screen? And I know you will laugh at such a ridiculous idea, and it will probably never happen. In fact it is perhaps just as likely that we will be beamed around from place to place, as in Star Trek.

KnowYourMarket

Apr 26, 2018, 4:29 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #8 of 9 (1776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If he's in Berlin, nearer the time. http://0zu1.de/ click on Berlin then Match Kalendar choose your date and hey presto

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Apr 26, 2018, 9:29 PM

Team(s): SG Dynamo Dresden, FC Stahl Brandenburg

Post #9 of 9 (1724 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] Polish advice needed: [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

no friendlies are listed there ...

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3