Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
First Vienna

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 8, 2018, 9:35 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #1 of 4 (3958 views)
Shortcut
First Vienna Can't Post or Reply Privately

Apologies if I've missed an update on this but I've just noticed that Soccerway and a couple of other sites have expunged First Vienna's league record for this season.

Does anyone have any info on what's happened?

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Barbie
First Team Regular

Apr 8, 2018, 10:18 PM

Team(s): Rye United RIP, Barry Town Utd

Post #2 of 4 (3942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] First Vienna [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Maybe should be in 'Football in other countries' but, and my German isn't great, it appears they have stadium issues and are undertaking emergency repairs. Don't know if they've been suspended in the mean time.

leohoenig
Administrator

Apr 8, 2018, 10:31 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #3 of 4 (3936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barbie] First Vienna [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know why the first time is out of the league - but in most cases it is financial.
The club still runs a team in the 2. Landesliga, and as far as I can see, they play at Hohe Warte

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Apr 9, 2018, 7:36 AM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #4 of 4 (3815 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] First Vienna [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Paid them a visit last season for a Friday evening match when was told that they were unable to gain promotion due to the ground condition, they had no money and a developer was trying to take over the stadium to build flats/houses. Said Developer had already built several apartments across road from the entrance.
All that said a quick look at First Vienna website and with my fluent language skills (or maybe Google Translate) I found the following statement.
Certainly you have not escaped, that despite the much better weather situation, unfortunately, our construction site is still standing still. Most of the demolition work has been completed. However, in the context of this work new circumstances became visible on the basis of which the further restructuring process had to be adapted.
The tubular steel construction unfortunately does not correspond to the original construction plans and therefore also not the current static requirements. For this reason, steel parts in hot-dip galvanized design must be produced for the primary beams (made to measure). These "components" unfortunately have a delivery time of a few weeks and therefore the work on the construction site will be resumed only at the end of March.
Ing. Robert Fensl, Head of Construction and Project Department, IG Immobilien: "In order to carry out the implementation as quickly as possible, the timber laminates are produced in shifts and during construction on site, work is carried out longer on weekdays and also on Saturdays".
Unfortunately, a use of the grandstand without roof construction was not released for security reasons, so we must also perform the first home games of the spring season without grandstand. However, the toilet facilities will be usable.
All foresight, the renovation on 26.3. continue and be completed by mid-April.
Nevertheless, we hope for your support in our home games
Hopefully this indicates they are remaining at the ground for the foreseeable future for what is a superb venue.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3