Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Prague Trip 5th-12th March

chesterbird
Youth Team Regular

Mar 17, 2018, 9:58 AM

Team(s): Chester City, Liverpool FC,

Post #1 of 2 (1698 views)
Shortcut
Prague Trip 5th-12th March Can't Post or Reply Privately

7/3/18

SK SLAVIA PRAHA 2 FC SLOVAN LIBEREC 0
KO 5.00 ADM 190kc FREE PROG GATE 4967
MOL CUP QUARTER FINAL

TV GAME

Ground not full by no means, probably due to the 5 o'clock ko.
It was a quiet start to the game with Slavia having most possession in the first half. Midway through the first half Slavia put the ball in the back of the net followed by another goal 10 minutes later. There is nothing spectacular to report about the 2nd half, Liberec made a couple of attempts on goal and Slavia could have added a few more goals to make the score higher than what it was. Overall Slavia comfortable winners over a fairly poor Liberec side.

9/3/18

HET PREMIER LEAGUE

FC DUKLA PRAHA 1 FC VYSOCINA JIHLAVA 3
KO 6.00 GATE 1154 ADM 120kc PROG 20kc

A damp evening at Dukla, 11th v 13th.

First of all, love the stadium, with huge stand on one side.

Not sure Dukla looked like a Premier League side - out of their league maybe if this game was anything to go by!!!!!!!!!

Jihlava basically bossed the game from start to finish. Dukla had few chances but quite a bit of possession. Amazingly Dukla did manage to find the back of the net on 86 minutes, not that it did them much good.

Not sure the Scottish contingent sat in front of us were particularly impressed with Dukla!!

11/3/18

FC TEMPO PRAHA 1 SK ZBRASLAV 1
ADM FREE PROG 30kc(brought round about 25 mins in) GATE 250 (OFFICIAL WEBSITE) & 4 DOGS
KO 1430.

One of those grounds you wouldnt know was there as its hidden away in a backstreet off the main road.

Fors this one we took the metro to Kacerov where a couple of buses go to the "LHOTKA" stop around 7-10 mins away-we caught the 150 both ways.
On leaving the bus continue in the direction of the bus and turn right then left to LHOTKA,ground is at the end.

2 pitches one grass and one artificial at the bottom which was the one the game was played on.Only 1 sided but some terracing above the near goal which is weird as you can only see the goal nearest if you stand up and so not really viable to watch from.

Good clubhouse with Bernard beers on especially the 5.6% EPA which was superb at about 1.50 per pint.

Game was 5th v next to bottom but you wouldnt know it as Zbraslav were very much the better side in the first half,hitting the post twice and generally looking quite a decnt side.However the home side must have had a good telling off at half time as they came out fighting and battled without much luck until a very late equaliser from a disputed and twice taken free kick in the 90th minute.My hubby did have a right go at one of the away side for diving(blatant too) and the away captain was responsible for the surrounding of the ref afterwards(much pushing and shoving-stewards involved too).

All in all a good game but be aware no cover whatsoever there so maybe a good day needed to visit-souvenirs also available from behind the bar.

Easy get away waiting only 5 mins for a bus back to the metro-not like here and 20-30 min waits on sundays-proper transport system.

BelfastBlue
Youth Team Star

Mar 20, 2018, 10:16 AM

Team(s): Linfield, Camelon Juniors, Rangers, Spennymoor

Post #2 of 2 (1342 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chesterbird] Prague Trip 5th-12th March [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was at the Dukla game too chesterbird and, if the Scottish guys you refer to were the stag weekend on my flight out that morning, then I pity that you were even sat near them.
I was surprised at the large number of Brits, Germans and Americans in the crowd but it was a good night, although I remember thinking that the crowd would be lucky to top 1,000. The ground was a magnificent throwback and I would love to see it busy, and by busy I mean with the terraces well inhabited for a big game, but I guess that is unlikely. Still, a great evening, and with beer under 1 there was little to complain about. Your match summation is spot on and I wouldn't be surprised if Dukla go down.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3