Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Count or not ?

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 23, 2018, 2:30 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 11 (3692 views)
Shortcut
Count or not ? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Second game of a double on Tuesday Feb 6 saw me watch a 18-00 kick off at Independence Stadiun between G P A and Brikama Utd in the Gambian top flight.

This started a bit late through some problems but got going with eventually G P A scoring the opening goal just before half time , half time came and went and further floodlight problems , the game was abandoned after 60 mins and subsequently the game was awarded as a 1-0.

Most fixtures sites had a postponement for this game and not an abandoned after 60 and now will have to rethink their data.

Whilst at it they could possibly get their fixtures / results correct for that set of fixtures , Steve Biko v Hawks was the preceding game for this Tuesday double with the Wednesday double being Marimoo v GAMTEL followed by Tallinding Utd v Banjul.

Gambia FA / FL are a shambles swopping and changing fixtures / stadiums willy nilly so its no real surprise sites cannot keep up with whats going on .

Only using 3 stadia in first set of fixtures with supposedly a second different set for the srcond half of season , this to assist in renovating existing stadia.

So now as its been awarded I'll have to change my records to include ?

UNLESS Brikama Utd get their way and I can see their point -

Brikama United Football Club February 18 at 6:53pm
CLUB STATEMENT ON THE GFF RULLING:
On behalf of the management, officials, players and fans of Brikama United Football Club, I hereby expressed our dissatisfaction and dismay about the manner in which the Gambia Football Federation is treating Brikama United Football Club.
Maybe out of negligence or ignorance, the body that should be responsible for the development of the game is acting in a manner that is not in the interest of the game and players.
(1) Brikama United filed an appeal against Gamtel FC dated on the 21st December, 2017. Up to now no reply from the FA about our protest, while Fortune fc protest against Brikama United was treated without any delay and awarded with 3 points.
(2) GPA FC vs Brikama United at the stadium was abandoned just after the interval due to poor visibility with the supply of light by the Generator, whiles the game proceeds after 30 minutes delayed, there was several power supply interruptions by NAWEC. Just after 60 Minutes of play, the game was abandoned again with GPA leading by 1-0
The FA Organising Committee decided to give all 3 points to GPA,
While in the same scenario Bombada FC against Brikama were Brikama Utd was leading by 2-0 and Bombada with one man down (Red card), the Captain of Bombada FC complained of poor visibility and the match was abandoned at 75 minutes and replayed in its entirety.

(3) The unnecessary heavy fines of the team with baseless and false story.
Our silence is taking for granted and we will fight at all cost for justice to prevail with all possible means within our reach.
By Jerreh Manneh Secretary

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Feb 23, 2018, 2:38 AM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 23, 2018, 2:59 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 11 (3676 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Count or not ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think you find that many of the posters on here count the result regardless of whether the match is replayed or awarded.
My policy has always been to only count such matches if the result at time of abandonment counts, and even then I disregarded a match in the Middlesex League where the draw was given for a match abandoned a minute before half time, after a player kicked the referee. [In that case, I thought the league decision was peverse and the match should have been awarded to the other team, but it was end of season and did not affect the league table in any significant way].

I am pleased to say that to date, I have not suffered from an abandonment of a game so far from home, which does make the decisions easier.
It sounds to me though that you will have to wait a bit longer to see if the result counts or not.

Or you could simply count it anyway. Its your decision, you are not likely to go back, and no one else really cares.Smile

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Feb 23, 2018, 3:40 AM

Post #3 of 11 (3673 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Count or not ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As stated it was the second game of a same stadium double so not a ground tick.

Simply count it as you say many on here would , please you know I have morals.

I wont count it until ratified but I'm sure a lot of people on here do care. Angelic

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Chris1963

Feb 23, 2018, 11:54 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 11 (3455 views)
Shortcut

I think I would have headed straight to the airport after the first game!
But I do enjoy reading your reports on your visits to these African countries - good luck with trying to do the rest if that is your aim. The Central African Republic, Somalia and South Sudan should be interesting!

dottirofhod

Feb 24, 2018, 4:02 AM

Post #5 of 11 (3420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Count or not ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ta.

No great plans to do any more , with all the health vaccinations / very expensive time consuming visas required it's hard work.
I had hoped to go to Nigeria on the trip but they wanted nearly 200 for a rushed visa inc couriers etc so gave them a miss , as it happened Swaziland showed up at short notice for the dates I was looking at Nigeria.

leohoenig
Administrator

Feb 24, 2018, 4:04 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 11 (3419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Count or not ? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Strange statement, Chris - surely you have watched a double header at one stadium in the past. I would only head straight to the airport if I needed to be there for a flight. For all we know, Hod's flight might not even have been the same day.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

dottirofhod

Feb 24, 2018, 4:06 AM

Post #7 of 11 (3416 views)
Shortcut

It wasn't , direct flight to Manchester was Wednesday night after Fortune 1 v 1 Real Banjul at Box Bar Stadium , Brikama.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Feb 25, 2018, 12:23 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #8 of 11 (3245 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Strange statement, Chris - surely you have watched a double header at one stadium in the past. I would only head straight to the airport if I needed to be there for a flight. For all we know, Hod's flight might not even have been the same day.

Maybe Chris would have been walking...?

Chris1963

Feb 25, 2018, 6:07 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #9 of 11 (3086 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I was only joking (fairly obvious wasn't it?)

Being half African myself, I would like to watch football in an African country at some point in the future. South Africa is the most likely candidate since my mother was born there. At present, I can at least claim to have watched a match on the continent because of the trip to Ceuta which I made a few years ago.

dottirofhod

Mar 6, 2018, 2:03 AM

Post #10 of 11 (2572 views)
Shortcut

Gambia FA / FL are a shambles swopping and changing fixtures / stadiums willy nilly so its no real surprise sites cannot keep up with whats going on .

Only using 3 stadia in first set of fixtures with supposedly a second different set for the srcond half of season , this to assist in renovating existing stadia.

=======================================================

Still using same 3 stadia for second half of season , Brikama , Stadium and Serrakunda/East.
Fixtures available on their Facebook page.

======================================================

dottirofhod

Mar 23, 2018, 12:03 AM

Post #11 of 11 (2183 views)
Shortcut

Looks like I have to add game ( not a tick as this was double header ) to my totals after all. Result stood much to the disgust of Brikama about that and other things -

CLUB STATEMENT ON THE GFF RULLING:
On behalf of the management, officials, players and fans of Brikama United Football Club, I hereby expressed our dissatisfaction and dismay about the manner in which the Gambia Football Federation is treating Brikama United Football Club.
Maybe out of negligence or ignorance, the body that should be responsible for the development of the game is acting in a manner that is not in the interest of the game and players....

(1) Brikama United filed an appeal against Gamtel FC dated on the 21st December, 2017. Up to now no reply from the FA about our protest, while Fortune fc protest against Brikama United was treated without any delay and awarded with 3 points.

(2) GPA FC vs Brikama United at the stadium was abandoned just after the interval due to poor visibility with the supply of light by the Generator, whiles the game proceeds after 30 minutes delayed, there was several power supply interruptions by NAWEC. Just after 60 Minutes of play, the game was abandoned again with GPA leading by 1-0
The FA Organising Committee decided to give all 3 points to GPA,

While in the same scenario Bombada FC against Brikama were Brikama Utd was leading by 2-0 and Bombada with one man down (Red card), the Captain of Bombada FC complained of poor visibility and the match was abandoned at 75 minutes and replayed in its entirety.

(3) The unnecessary heavy fines of the team with baseless and false story.
Our silence is taking for granted and we will fight at all cost for justice to prevail with all possible means within our reach.
By Jerreh Manneh Secretary

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Mar 23, 2018, 1:48 AM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3