INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
London Marathon Community Track

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 1, 2018, 1:48 PM

Team(s): GILLINGHAM, AFC TELFORD UTD, Hartley Wintney, Ramsgate, Fisher, Witham Town

Post #1 of 13 (2884 views)
Shortcut
London Marathon Community Track Can't Post or Reply Privately

Announced that Hackney Wick will be playing there next season.
Presumably someone on here will have seen a game at this venue.
Is there much work needed or is it already Essex Senior League standard for facilities?

Current totals/visits...
616 GROUNDS: Upper Beeding (56/92)
562 WETHERSPOONS: The Grand Electric Hall, Spennymoor
1 WETHERSPOONS HOTEL: Aylesbury

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Feb 1, 2018, 1:54 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #2 of 13 (2878 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was at West Ham v Palace on Tuesday and the Community track was lit up (athletes training) - Pitch looked decent, lights excellent and a reasonable size seated stand on one side. On the down side the track makes viewing a long distance away from the pitch and presumably they will be unable to play at Home when major events are on at the main stadium (eg West Ham home games) or athletics needing the use of the track.

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 1, 2018, 1:55 PM

Post #3 of 13 (2876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think quite a few hoppers went to see Altis play a floodlit game there a few weeks ago, perhaps do a search of "Where Did You Go" to see what facilities are there.

ladderman

Feb 1, 2018, 4:24 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #4 of 13 (2804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SWP-Phil] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If athletes training can take place while Hammers are playing, I don't that 50 people watching Wick play would be an issue.

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

Feb 1, 2018, 5:41 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #5 of 13 (2733 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think its more to do with security access, transport / parking etc - away teams would be hard pushed to arrive promptly or depart easily if fixtured on the same day.

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

(This post was edited by SWP-Phil on Feb 1, 2018, 5:42 PM)

zebedee
First Team Star

Feb 1, 2018, 6:20 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #6 of 13 (2678 views)
Shortcut

I imagine it will be a similar situation to when Northwich Manchester Villa played at the Manchester Regional Arena, adjacent to the Etihad Stadium. League fixtures were scheduled to avoid days when Manchester City were at home, but a number of cup draws resulted in clashes, which meant Villa played these cup fixtures elsewhere.

jrev61

Feb 1, 2018, 7:24 PM

Team(s): None

Post #7 of 13 (2594 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I imagine it will be a similar situation to when Northwich Manchester Villa played at the Manchester Regional Arena, adjacent to the Etihad Stadium. League fixtures were scheduled to avoid days when Manchester City were at home, but a number of cup draws resulted in clashes, which meant Villa played these cup fixtures elsewhere.

There are lots of Friday night games in the ESL, so shouldn't be a problem. Midweek games could be on Mondays or Wednesdays if West Ham are at home on the Tuesday.

jrev61

Deaf Leopard
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 10, 2018, 2:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #8 of 13 (1688 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Was informed at the CONIFA cup final yesterday that the move to the new stadium is off, possibly permanently, and that Hackney Wick will continue to play at Clapton next season.

(This post was edited by Deaf Leopard on Jun 10, 2018, 2:40 PM)

spen666
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2018, 2:53 PM

Post #9 of 13 (1661 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deaf Leopard] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Was informed at the CONIFA cup final yesterday that the move to the new stadium is off, possibly permanently, and that Hackney Wick will continue to play at Clapton next season.

Any reasoning or explanation given?

drblues
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2018, 3:28 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 13 (1592 views)
Shortcut
Re: [spen666] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Any reasoning or explanation given?

I imagine that some works are required to the facility in order to comply with requirements. (No pitch perimeter fence last time I was at the track, no loo's etc). It's quite possible though that season after next this venue may be available to NLS football.

(This post was edited by drblues on Jun 10, 2018, 3:44 PM)

Deaf Leopard
Reserve Team Regular

Jun 10, 2018, 4:57 PM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 13 (1432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [drblues] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, that's basically what I was told.

spen666
Youth Team Sub

Jun 10, 2018, 7:50 PM

Post #12 of 13 (1234 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Deaf Leopard] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes, that's basically what I was told.

Thanks.

Having been to London Stadium & Olympic Park on many occasions, I did wonder how ground could comply with grading issues.

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 11, 2018, 1:15 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #13 of 13 (782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] London Marathon Community Track [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

We (FC United) are still not allowed to play at home on the same day as Manchester City games (or other large events there). We're in talks about a new agreement and this will very likely disappear with that but it's currently held up on other aspects. There could be a few Friday/Sunday games this season, though we have asked the Conference to avoid City home games.

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (832) Kaliningrad Croatia 2-0 Nigeria
With FC United: 130
On the agenda:
July 21: Scarborough Athletic v FC United of Manchester
July 24: Hyde United v FC United of Manchester

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3