Jan 12, 2018, 11:31 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #1 of 5 (1640 views)
Shortcut
Friday 12 January 2018 Can't Post or Reply Privately

G.D. Chaves 4 Vitoria Guimaraes 3
Portugese Premier League
Admission 35 Euros No Programme

Interesting introduction to Portugese football. Away side 2-0 up after 20 minutes. Chaves pulled it back in 34th and 37th minute, only for Guimaraes to take the lead again a minute later. There was still time before the interval for Chaves to equalise and make it 3-3 at halftime. As often happens in these instances, the second half did not live up to the first, and while not dull, as the 90th minute ticked by it remained 3-3. Then in stoppage time, a Chaves corner was floated in, which the home players gestured had hit a hand. The referee waved play on, and was surrounded by Chaves players still appealing for hand ball. Finally the referee indicated he would look at the video evidence, and after at least 2 minutes of studying the video, he then indicated a penalty, which was duly converted. The old main stand runs along one side, with old seats bolted on to concrete. Behind the near goal, another covered stand has new plastic seats, while on the other side an uncovered seated stand straddles the half way line. Behind the far goal, another uncovered seated stand starts by the main stand, and curves round to half way behind the goal. This was where the away fans were situated.

Football seen in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Spain, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Italy Czech Republic, Ukraine, Gibraltar, Andorra, Luxembourg, San Marino, U.S.A., Canada, Portugal, and Slovakia.

Divisions completed: Combined Counties Division 1, Welsh Premier League, Welsh League Division 1 & 2, Airtricity Irish Premier, Gibraltar Divisions 1 & 2

(This post was edited by nervous rec on Jan 12, 2018, 11:46 PM)

Digdagdog
First Team Sub

Jan 12, 2018, 11:42 PM

Team(s): Melksham Town, Bath Rugby, Wigan Warriors and Lancashire CCC

Post #2 of 5 (1627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Friday 12 January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh League Division One
Rhiwr Dda'r
Taffs Well 0 Penybont 0
Admission: 5 Programme: Issued but not taken Attendance: 80+

Nice ground described on here many times. Thought I'd divert here on the way home from Brum which saved me a bridge toll. Worth it for the tick but not the football. Worst game of the season for me. Very poor quality on a heavy pitch - not that that mattered too much as the ball spent a lot of time in the air. Penybont looked the more capable but their attacking was woeful with mis-controls or wayward shooting. The home team made two chances the whole game at either end of the 90 minutes.
Easy drive home though, which was a plus.

2017-18 Games: 171 Goals: 745 GPG: 4.36 New Grounds: 114
2018-19 Games: 5 Goals: 32 GPG: 6.40 New Grounds: 3

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 13, 2018, 6:12 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 5 (1522 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nervous rec] Friday 12 January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Othellos Athienou vs ASIL Lysi.
19-00.
Cyprus Div 2.
1-0.

Last minute winner for the home team to spoil my usual scoreline.

I was or did not interview anybody at the end of the game and I am not writing a book.

Back on seafront hotel balcony with a few bottles of Aphrodite West Coast IPA by 21-30.

From July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 = 13 / 13 / 0. (You know my rules) @ 15 /07 /2018.
Benelux. B = 0-0-0- ( 0-0-0 ) - ( 2-1-2-2 ) . Lux = 0-0. Neth = 0-0-0 - ( 7 - 3 ).

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Jan 13, 2018, 6:14 AM)

mxhornet
First Team Sub

Jan 13, 2018, 6:35 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #4 of 5 (1512 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Friday 12 January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Norwich City U18 - 4 Derby County U18 - 2 (AET)
FA Youth Cup 4th Round 2
Carrow Road
Attendance - 500ish ?
Admission 3 / team sheet by donation (1 in my case)

I do like games in FA competitions and this one certainly was memorable on several levels. A brisk start and exchange of scoring had Derby County 2-1 up within the first twenty minutes, by then both sides had got the measure of each other and no more goals before half time. Ten minutes in to the second half there was a lengthy stoppage for an injury (I clocked it at 14 minutes) with 79 minutes showing on the stadium clock but actually around 65 minutes of playing time NC scored from a hotly disputed penalty. DC had a chance to wrap it up with another hotly disputed penalty 16 minutes in to injury time but this was unsuccessful. So extra time it was to be, NC scored a goal in each half to win 4-2. As always glad a game wouldn't be decided on penalties, especially on a night when how things were panning out a lengthy penalty shoot out seemed almost inevitable. I made it a total of 22 minutes of stoppage time but despite that it was definitely a game I was glad I had attended.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 700 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

Tim
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 13, 2018, 9:27 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #5 of 5 (1393 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Friday 12 January 2018 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Birmingham City U23 1 Sheffield Wednesday U23 1 (Professional Development League) Att: 40 h/c f&n

The first half was as cautious as I had feared, with lots and lots of sideways movement but little else. The visitors took the lead midway through the half. Things improved after the break, with Blues equalising from a penalty but little else of note comes to mind. All rather sterile, and although these players are undoubtedly much more talented, I enjoyed the less inhibited Stourbridge v Chasetown U18s on Wednesday much more.

It did, however, give me a new tick at Birmingham's Wast Hills training ground. The game took place on Number 1 pitch, which is railed with dugouts and a large wooden video gantry, but nowt else. A free team sheet was distributed and everyone was friendly enough, but it's not really my idea of football. Doubt if I'll go back.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3