Post #1 of 11 (2740 views)
Shortcut
Friday 22nd December Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wessex League Premier Division
AFC Portchester 0-1 Fareham Town
Attendance 278
Admission 6 - Programme 1
Free food in clubhouse before game (curry, chilli, rice) Smile

Had to park a mile away from the ground believing there was a house fire on the approach road after seeing two fire engines with flashing blue lights and partly blocking the road causing a back up of traffic on way to the game. When I got out of my car and started walking I could hear christmas carols, which I thought were coming from AFC Portchester's PA but it turned out the music was coming from the fire engines and the blue lights on them were christmas decorations and there was no house fire, the firemen were just collecting money for charity!

Onto the game and El Creekio was a feisty local derby and a bit scrappy at times. The only goal came midway through the second half when the home keeper slipped when receiving a backpass on the edge of his penalty area and Scott Hamilton nipped in to slot the ball into an unguarded net. The goal sparked wild celebrations from the visiting fans on the covered terrace, one of whom let off a flare. Then a home steward, who must have been a closet Fareham fan, rushed in to confiscate the flare, but instead of doing the responsible thing, which would have been to throw the flare over the fence behind the goal to the right, which was sealed off to spectators, he proceeded to wave the flare around himself right in front of me and Mad Mick, it was so bright my eyesight has only just returned to normalPirate. Another flare up, this time between both sets of players on the pitch, resulted in a home player being sent off, then with 10 minutes to go the home keeper again lost the ball from a backpass and the visitors thought they had scored again as defender cleared off the line when it looked like the ball was over, but no goal line technology at this level so it wasn't given.

(This post was edited by cherryhopper on Dec 22, 2017, 11:34 PM)

Nobody's Heroes
Youth Team Sub

Dec 22, 2017, 11:16 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, CPD Porthmadog, Ross County

Post #2 of 11 (2699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh Premier League

Bala Town 2 Cefn Druids 1

Maes Tegid, Y Bala

Attendance - 186

Admission - 6 Programme - 2

A decent game, the result which puts Bala Town in a very strong position to claim a top 6 spot when the league will break into two in mid-January.

Very little between the two teams in truth with Bala maybe just a little sharper in front of goal. Cefn may consider themselves unlucky as they could well have drawn level late on in the game had it not been for a wonderful save from Bala stopper Ashley Morris.

youngster
First Team Star

Dec 22, 2017, 11:24 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 11 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Witham 1-0 Aveley
Bostik North
Adm 8/4
Att 119

When you're about to enter the most depressing time of the year you need a game to cheer you up. I've really enjoyed this season and i can't remember many poor games,but this was nothing to write home about.
Only goal was on 82 minutes, a substitute got in behind the Aveley defence and wasn't really challenged, I think they were expecting him to balls it up, but he just kept going and slipped it past the keeper.
Pitch was probably the worst I've seen this season, this grass stuff is ok, but you can't really beat the real thing.

(This post was edited by youngster on Dec 22, 2017, 11:26 PM)

barcud-coch
First Team Star

Dec 23, 2017, 12:32 AM

Post #4 of 11 (2597 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Nobody's Heroes] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The New Saints 4 Aberystwyth Town 0

Park Hall: JD Welsh Premier League

This was my first visit to the ground since The New Saints' final home league fixture of last season against Connah's Quay Nomads in April. On that occasion the hosts won 1-0, having already wrapped-up the title, but then missed out on completing a third successive domestic treble having lost to Bala Town in the Welsh Cup final. Park Hall has not noticeably changed during the intervening eight month period and one improvement that could be made is the overflow car parking behind the one goal. This was somewhat wet and muddy and could do with being tarmaced for the The hosts came into this evening's fixture top of the table following a 3-0 home success over Connah's Quay Nomads on Tuesday evening. Scott Ruscoe's charges had made a slow start to the campaign but now seem to be hitting their stride as they look forward to the Nathaniel MG Cup final against Cardifff Met University and an Irn-Bru Cup last four clash with Dumbarton over the course of the next two months. Aberystwyth Town have undergone something of a resurgence recently, following a poor start to the campaign under the leadership of former Bangor City manager Neville Powell. The Seasiders found themselves one place outside of the relegation zone but gained a thumping 7-1 home victory over relegation rivals Prestatyn Town last weekend to boost their own survival hopes.

The Saints made a strong start to this encounter when Aeron Edwards could not apply an inviting cross from the right but they did break the deadlock three minutes later after breaking quickly from their own half before leading scorer converted another low cross from the right flank at his near post. Aberystwytrh Town responded when they headed a seventh minute corner over Paul Harrison's goal before Ryan Wade was played on goal and his near post effort was turned behind for a corner by The New Saints goalkeeper. The champions doubled their lead in the 21st minute when that man Draper headed in another cross from the right flank at the far post. Then the Saints seemed to be handed an unassailable when when Chris Marriot picked-up the ball near halfway and drove forward, as he was given time and space by the Seasiders' midfield, before unleashing a drive past Mullock from 20 yards. This goal seemed to knock the Christmas stuffing out of the visitors and their only real sight of goal before the interval was from a 36th minute corner headed straight at Harrison before they repeated the trick 12 minutes into the second-half. The New Saints seemed content with a three-goal advantage but Darlington was denied from the edge of the Aberystwyth Town penalty area by Mullock's legs. Walker pulled a low 20 yard shot across goal in the 71st minute for the visitors before the champions completed the scorig 12 minutes later when Draper completed his hat-trick after converting a Marriot cross from the right touchline. Robbie Parry had a low drive from the edge of the penalty area deflected for an 87th minute corner before Wade saw his 20 yard effort held by Harrison.

2017/18 Statistics
Goals: 458
Matches: 103.5
New Grounds: 12

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 23, 2017, 12:50 AM

Team(s): Fareham Town - THE CREEKSIDERS

Post #5 of 11 (2578 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
AFC Portchester 0-1 Fareham Town
Attendance 278
Admission 6 - Programme 1
Free food in clubhouse before game (curry, chilli, rice) Smile

Had to park a mile away from the ground believing there was a house fire on the approach road after seeing two fire engines with flashing blue lights and partly blocking the road causing a back up of traffic on way to the game. When I got out of my car and started walking I could hear christmas carols, which I thought were coming from AFC Portchester's PA but it turned out the music was coming from the fire engines and the blue lights on them were christmas decorations and there was no house fire, the firemen were just collecting money for charity!

Onto the game and El Creekio was a feisty local derby and a bit scrappy at times. The only goal came midway through the second half when the home keeper slipped when receiving a backpass on the edge of his penalty area and Scott Hamilton nipped in to slot the ball into an unguarded net. The goal sparked wild celebrations from the visiting fans on the covered terrace, one of whom let off a flare. Then a home steward, who must have been a closet Fareham fan, rushed in to confiscate the flare, but instead of doing the responsible thing, which would have been to throw the flare over the fence behind the goal to the right, which was sealed off to spectators, he proceeded to wave the flare around himself right in front of me and Mad Mick, it was so bright my eyesight has only just returned to normalPirate. Another flare up, this time between both sets of players on the pitch, resulted in a home player being sent off, then with 10 minutes to go the home keeper again lost the ball from a backpass and the visitors thought they had scored again as defender cleared off the line when it looked like the ball was over, but no goal line technology at this level so it wasn't given.

The Creek........ is ours Smile

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor
www.facebook.com/nonleaguebins

A football club is for life, not just for trophies

catchagogoal
Junior Team Star

Dec 23, 2017, 1:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 11 (2548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Many thanks to Splodge & Mad Mick for ensuring that I got the teams tonight. Glad the victory went their way also! Home chairman Paul, acting sec for the night had developed the art of fobbing off to a 'T'!! No teams on board, no tannoy announcements and the chairman more interested in keeping his glass full of beer. Poor rep for a club when others had made a lot of effort to make it a good night. Free food, helpful stewards, chairman only interested in...what? Beer and chat!

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 23, 2017, 1:52 AM

Team(s): GILLINGHAM, AFC TELFORD UTD, Hartley Wintney, Ramsgate, Fisher, Witham Town

Post #7 of 11 (2545 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Witham 1-0 Aveley
Bostik North
Adm 8/4
Att 119

When you're about to enter the most depressing time of the year you need a game to cheer you up. I've really enjoyed this season and i can't remember many poor games,but this was nothing to write home about.
Only goal was on 82 minutes, a substitute got in behind the Aveley defence and wasn't really challenged, I think they were expecting him to balls it up, but he just kept going and slipped it past the keeper.
Pitch was probably the worst I've seen this season, this grass stuff is ok, but you can't really beat the real thing.

After a lengthy absence it was nice to be back at Spa Road, and to see a win, with a goal from a player also recently returning Smile

More Friday night matches are definitely the way forward!

Surprised not to find TimmyTabby of this parish at the game tonight Shocked

Current totals/visits...
616 GROUNDS: Upper Beeding (56/92)
562 WETHERSPOONS: The Grand Electric Hall, Spennymoor
1 WETHERSPOONS HOTEL: Aylesbury

mxhornet
First Team Sub

Dec 23, 2017, 6:29 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #8 of 11 (2485 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Norwich City - 1 Brentford - 2
Sky Bet Championship
Carrow Road
Attendance - 26,725 (official)
Admission - 10
Programme - 3.50

A well deserved win for Brentford against Norwich City who were very poor in the first half. The match was just about worth the admission fee as far as I was concerned.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 700 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

BA21
Junior Team Star

Dec 23, 2017, 2:25 PM

Team(s): Yeovil Town

Post #9 of 11 (2060 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hamble Club 1 Sholing 1
Wessex League Premier division
Admission 5.00
Programme 1.00
Attendance 150-200 est

We had intended to go to AFC Portchester vs Fareham Town, sometimes, if not always known as 'El Creekio'. Travelling from Yeovil after work meant that time was tight especially on travel chaos Friday. In the end the roads were fine but with AFC Portchester changing to a 7.30pm kick off and a little further east the sensible option of the later kick-off at Hamble Club came into play. Hamble was somewhere I had not been before either so it all worked out well. The game kicked off at 20.00hrs as the floodlights failed to start for the scheduled kick-off.

Hamble Community Facility is in the village of Hamble-Le-Rice near Southampton. Leave the M27 at junction 8 for this one or if travelling by train Hamble station is very close indeed. There is a substantial main stand with bench seating on the far side of the ground with the other three sides hard standing. Very friendly club, about 200 there with a lot supporting Sholing.

Grounds 638 International/Football League/Senior non-league
Football League 2018/19 85/92 - last 05/05/18 Stoke City vs Crystal Palace, Premier League, bet365 Stadium
Fixtures at 118 Football League grounds
Last new - 16/05/18 Topsham Town vs Okehampton Argyle, Devon & Exeter League Premier division
New 2018/19
Next
Next new -

(This post was edited by BA21 on Dec 23, 2017, 2:29 PM)

Ipeland
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 27, 2017, 5:37 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #10 of 11 (1233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [BA21] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Connah's Quay Nomads 4-0 Newtown (2-0 HT) at Deeside Stadium
Welsh Premier League
Admission: 3 (student), Programme: 2, Tea: 1.50, Sausage roll: 1.30
Attendance: 144

Completing the trifecta of Friday Welsh Premier League games being reported on here. This was my second visit to the Deeside Stadium, having previously been for a Sunday match against Bangor last season, and I decided to come here as it wasn't too much of a diversion when driving up to my Dad's in Manchester. The game pitted the 3rd placed hosts against the 9th placed visitors who were only 3 points above the relegation zone, so on paper a comfortable win for Nomads and the game turned out largely as predicted. The opening period was rather quiet, the deadlock being broken by a Michael Wilde tap in after a shot across goal bounced off the post into his path. The lead was doubled 5 minutes later, a cross from the right was parried to Callum Morris who controlled the ball in the six yard box before finishing well from close range. Two further goals followed in the second half, the first of these coming in the 53rd minute, a lot shot from the right by Wignall, and the final goal coming in injury time, a header from inside the box by Wilde after a good cross by Declan Poole. Newtown didn't really threaten that much but grew into the match as the second half wore on and had a few half chances towards the end. One sided but decent match. No changes to the ground since last visit, not sure that the tea was this expensive last time but the sausage roll was nice and reasonably priced, as was the admission for me. Programme was decent as well, good amount of content and nicely produced. No problems with the journey and indoors by 2230.

Grounds visited: 215
Last new ground: LlanSiro (Llanfair)
Next planned fixture: Gresford Athletic v Morecambe U21 - Friendly - 08/07/18

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Jan 2, 2018, 6:05 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CCC

Post #11 of 11 (952 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ipeland] Friday 22nd December [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hamble Community Facility, Hamble-le-Rice

Hamble Club 1 (0) Sholing 1 (1)

Yellow Shirts & Shorts Red & White Striped Shirts / Black Shorts

Attendance Not announced or published afterwards

Admission 5 Programme 1 Badge 3

Bacon Sandwich 2 Tea 1

Fairly basic ground with just the one stand with bench seating along the touchline opposite the entrance. Tea bar in right hand corner as you enter serving hot food and drinks. Small clubhouse is outside the ground across the muddy car park. Popped in to buy a badge and was offered a small port and some stilton by a friendly commitee member, very civilised! Lee Wort gave the noisy visitors an early lead. After the break Sholing's Byron Mason was shown a straight red and in the 74th minute Mike Byrne stabbed home an equaliser for the hosts. Sholing had a second player, Marvin McLean sent off in the 89th minute.

(This post was edited by sheffgeoff on Jan 2, 2018, 6:07 PM)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3