Dec 10, 2017, 3:44 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #1 of 11 (2929 views)
Shortcut
Sunday 10th December 2017 Can't Post or Reply Privately

SPFL Premiership (12.30 KO)
Hibernian v Celtic, 2-2, H.Y. 0-0, Att 20193, Admission £28, Programme £3
At Easter Road

Prior to kick off I thought Hibs might be the team to end Celtic’s 67-game unbeaten domestic run. With 20 minutes to go I was fearing a three or four goal defeat as Celtic appeared to have the match completely under control. But in a crazy last 20 minutes Hibs came from two down to get a draw, and almost won it in stoppage time – defied only by an amazing goal-line clearance by a Celtic defender.

It was -6 as I left the car before the game. Fortunately the Hibs undersoil heating system can cope with temperatures down to -8. Mind you, the surface was a bit tricky with a surface frost forming as the game went on and temperatures plunged even lower. But the quality of the match was enough to make the 20,000 spectators forget the bitter chill as they were treated to a game of high drama.
There were fascinating contests all over the pitch. Scott Brown v John McGinn was brilliant to watch as both players snapped at each other’s heels for 90 minutes. Brown probably just won the battle but McGinn showed that he genuinely is a contender for Brown’s crown. Kieran Tierney v Martin Boyle was another fascinating head to head. Boyle gave the Celtic defender a thorough test and honours were about even in this one.

Celtic’s goals were both scored by Scott Sinclair. He’s not been quite as outstanding this season as he was last year but his two finishes after 59 and 64 minutes were excellent. He looked to have completed his hat trick but was flagged offside.

Efe Ambrose’s deflected effort on 76 minutes gave Hibs hope and Easter Road erupted when Ollie Shaw crashed home the equaliser three minutes later. Deep into injury time the youngster thought he had won the game – Ambrose’s teasing cross was not taken by Craig Gordon and fell invitingly for Shaw. 18 yards out, with an open goal he took aim and his shot was heading into the net when Lustig appeared from nowhere to clear it off the line.

A draw was probably a fair result but from the Hibs perspective there were mixed emotions. Coming from 0-2 down it was a great point, but missing that chance and so nearly snatching a win felt disappointing. Still, the Hibs fans went away impressed with the performance and looking forward to Wednesday when Sevco come to town.

Usual decent Hibs programme. Didn’t bother with food as I’d had an excellent Full Scottish Breakfast in the Mash Tun, accompanied by a pint of Guinness. That was washed down with a couple of pints from the Mor Brewery in Kellas, near Forfar. The Mash Tun was showcasing their beers today and I was very impressed.

And before some self-righteous twat criticises me for drink driving, I was not the driver today. Back to the car within 15 minutes of the final whistle and home 30 minutes later.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 10, 2017, 6:22 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #2 of 11 (2748 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And before some self-righteous twat criticises me for drink driving,
I was not the driver today...Smile

Nothing in the @BrentwoodSunLge today - there was a total 'White Out'
in Metropolitan Essex and all its borders.

#Duvet 1-0 Football

Play-off programmes wanted: 2004 Basingstoke v Lewes. 2005 Droylsden v Kettering, Maldon v Barking, Maldon v Uxbridge. 2006 Brackley v Marlow, Kendal v Stocksbridge. 2007 Paulton v Taunton, Tooting v Hastings. 2008 Didcot v Oxford City, Tooting v Worthing, Sheffield v Stocksbridge. 2009 East Thurrock v Concord, Ilkeston v Kendal, Nantwich v Guiseley, Stocksbridge v Carlton. 2014 Tiverton v Paulton. 2015 Darlington v Bamber Bridge.

FA Vase semis wanted: 1975 Hoddesdon v Friar Lane. 1978 Barton v Hungerford. 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

FA Trophy programmes wanted: 1969-70 Any round from first season. Have many but plenty of gaps still to fill.

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 10, 2017, 6:31 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #3 of 11 (2726 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

And before some self-righteous twat criticises me for drink driving, I was not the driver today.

Such criticism is concomitant with posting on here

Loiner
First Team Star

Dec 10, 2017, 11:15 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #4 of 11 (2350 views)
Shortcut

FA Sunday Cup 3rd round. at Bracken Edge.

Hope Inn Whites v Dengo united 0-1

Surprised to manage to attend two games this weekend having been at Ilkley Town's match on the new 3G pitch yesterday. A text from "Yorkshire Amateur" this morning alerted me to the possibility of todays game going ahead following an inspection yesterday afternoon. I arrived about ten minutes before the scheduled 1 pm kick off to be told it was now starting at 1.30 pm. They got under way at 1.22 pm.
Reasonable encounter in the cold. Dengo's goal came direct from a corner on twenty minutes. Hoper tried hard, but did not create too many chances. The referee played five minutes adde4d time at the end and I was hoping it was not going to extra time as it was getting a bit "parky".

pokal02
First Team Star

Dec 11, 2017, 2:28 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #5 of 11 (1836 views)
Shortcut

Airdrie 2-2 Raith Rovers
SPFL1
Adm £16 Prog £2 Coffee £1 Att don't know, possibly 1500-2000?.

Obviously not the best day to be travelling the length of the country yesterday, but with transport already booked & paid for and a 3G pitch awaiting I decided to give it a go.

Heavy snow all the way up fom London to Newark but full marks to Virgin trains - was only about 25 mins late into Edinburgh giving me time for a quick bite to eat before the train into a deserted & very frozen Drumgelloch from where a 15 min walk through an estate had me at the Excelsior 50 mins before K.O.

It isn't the most exciting ground for a hopper - all seater with four fairly similar covered stands (only the main stand in use for this game). Perfectly comfortable seats with good sightlines though.

Quite lively game with Raith looking better early on & taking the lead on 18 mins with the No7 finishing neatly after the ball was played through to him, but pegged back to 1-1 2 mins later and it was 2-1 to Airdrie on 37 after the Raith keeper made a save but a home forward tapped in the rebound. Second half was fairly even, but just as Raith seemed to be running out of steam they equalised on 89 mins with a quick snap shot.

I'm not sure how many were there but it was more than I expected given the weather (this would have had zero chance on a grass pitch - the 3G played fine although it looked white in patches) & live TV. Both sets of fans were vocal in encouragement of their teams.

90 min delay to return Glasgow-Gatwick flight (at least I didn't book the Heathrow one which was cancelled) unfortunately meant I missed the last Tube and could only get a train as far as London Bridge. A combination of night buses saw me indoors by 03:40 - a few minutes earlier than on my August trip to Dens [Parkl when the same thing happened.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 11, 2017, 2:49 PM

Post #6 of 11 (1822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pokal02] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Attendance given as 450...something obviously out of sync then!

Play-off programmes wanted: 2004 Basingstoke v Lewes. 2005 Droylsden v Kettering, Maldon v Barking, Maldon v Uxbridge. 2006 Brackley v Marlow, Kendal v Stocksbridge. 2007 Paulton v Taunton, Tooting v Hastings. 2008 Didcot v Oxford City, Tooting v Worthing, Sheffield v Stocksbridge. 2009 East Thurrock v Concord, Ilkeston v Kendal, Nantwich v Guiseley, Stocksbridge v Carlton. 2014 Tiverton v Paulton. 2015 Darlington v Bamber Bridge.

FA Vase semis wanted: 1975 Hoddesdon v Friar Lane. 1978 Barton v Hungerford. 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

FA Trophy programmes wanted: 1969-70 Any round from first season. Have many but plenty of gaps still to fill.

Barnsley Dave
First Team Star

Dec 11, 2017, 2:58 PM

Team(s): Barnsley ,non league football,Yorkshire C.C, ,,wherever I lay my hat

Post #7 of 11 (1807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

And before some self-righteous twat criticises me for drink driving, I was not the driver today.

I had to Google concomitant to see what it meant and now suitably impressed. No need to Google what Prorege said I understood that
Wink

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 11, 2017, 3:03 PM

Post #8 of 11 (1800 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Aberdeen fans that used said word on a banner
in reference from something that had been said at Ibrox...

Have to admit, it is a new one on me.

pokal02
First Team Star

Dec 11, 2017, 3:12 PM

Team(s): Barnet, Cockfosters, Truro City, Udinese

Post #9 of 11 (1783 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

450 was more in line with what I expected - still think it was more though - perhaps I was a little optimistic with 1500, (it's harder to guess the attendance when everyone's in the same stand as me) but the stand holds about 3,000 and was certainly more than 15% full.

gcnc
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 11, 2017, 3:27 PM

Team(s): Newport County

Post #10 of 11 (1765 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Barnsley Dave] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

I had to Google concomitant to see what it meant and now suitably impressed. No need to Google what Prorege said I understood that
Wink

It appears to be 'word of the week' in Scotland - so much so that there is a whole thread devoted to it elsewhere on the forum!

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...8;page=unread#unread

Ipeland
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 16, 2017, 10:31 PM

Team(s): Bolton Wanderers, local non-league teams

Post #11 of 11 (1040 views)
Shortcut
Re: [gcnc] Sunday 10th December 2017 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sunderland U23 1-4 Liverpool U23 (1-1 HT) at the Stadium of Light
Premier League 2
Admission: £3, Programme: None, Teamsheet: Free, Tea: £2.30
Attendance: 169 (according to PL website, seemed more to me)

Visited Grandma's the previous day and this combined with an attempt to get to a game on Friday scuppered by transport issues meant I was looking for a Sunday match to get my fix. I had wanted to go to the Sunday Cup game at Heaton Stan but this had been called off due to the cold weather, meaning this was the only option left on the table.

Unlike most U23 matches where I just look at the teamsheet and wonder who these people are, I actually recognised some of the players on show, Liverpool fielding Wales international Ben Woodburn and Rhian Brewster, who was the star man of the England U17 side who'd won the World Cup earlier on this year. As for the game it was decent enough, former Fleetwood loanee Cameron Brannagan scoring a penalty in the 4th minute to give the away side the lead before Joel Asoro headed in an equaliser for Sunderland against the run of play just before half time. Liverpool continued to be the better side in the second half, having much of the pressure but failing to break down the very defensive hosts, who appeared to be playing six at the back at times, before Brewster managed to break through after a defensive mistake in the 74th minute, allowing for a late flurry with Matthew Virtue and Woodburn both netting in the next ten minutes to seal the game.

Only the west stand open for this game unsurprisingly, managed to get a decent position near the halfway line for a good view of the action, nice to see the stadium in full daylight and not being cooped up in one corner of the upper tier. Wouldn't trust the attendance given as I'm sure there was a good few more than that even without the kids' party which came and watched about halfway through the first half. Catering in operation and as it was still really cold I decided to waste money on a tea which cost almost as much as admission. No problems on Metro heading there and back despite delays due to a dodgy rail, back indoors by quarter past 3.

Grounds visited: 215
Last new ground: LlanSiro (Llanfair)
Next planned fixture: Gresford Athletic v Morecambe U21 - Friendly - 08/07/18

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3