Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
"Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds.

London Harrier
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 3, 2017, 3:10 PM

Post #1 of 5 (3304 views)
Shortcut
"Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds. Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are Fulham the only club in the Premier League and Football League to sell tickets for "neutral areas" in the ground?

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Dec 3, 2017, 4:28 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #2 of 5 (3284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] "Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Are Fulham the only club in the Premier League and Football League to sell tickets for "neutral areas" in the ground?

Fulham are the only ones to have an official area as far as Iím aware, but in my experience working within ticketing a lot of clubs will often have certain areas of a ground that they try to encourage neutral fans to sit in, if nothing else because of the fear of away fans being in home sections for certain games.

IAN S
First Team Star

Dec 4, 2017, 11:42 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #3 of 5 (3154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] "Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It depends on how much the home team can fill the ground.

Most grounds have areas where the home fans aren't quite as crazy, (if that's the right word), as some other parts of the ground. There are exceptions, obviously, Millwall springs to mind.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 4, 2017, 3:06 PM

Team(s): None

Post #4 of 5 (3083 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] "Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It depends on how much the home team can fill the ground.

Most grounds have areas where the home fans aren't quite as crazy, (if that's the right word), as some other parts of the ground. There are exceptions, obviously, Millwall springs to mind.

The last time I went to Millwall I sat in the centre of one of the main stands. I was surrounded by well behaved, mostly middle class people. I hardly heard a 4 letter word all game and absolutely no racist comments, despite the opposition having several non-white players. This was in stark contrast to my first visit for the 1st game at the New Den in 1994. I am sure that my experience would have been a bit different had I sat (or stood) behind the goal in the home end.

jrev61

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 30, 2017, 4:42 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #5 of 5 (2407 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] "Neutral areas" at Premier League and Football League grounds. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Millwall aren't all knuckle draggers

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3