Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non Football Related: General Chat:
EU Withdrawal Negotiations

First page Previous page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 Next page Last page  View All

Ronsdog
First Team Star

Feb 20, 2019, 1:46 PM

Team(s): Lowestoft Town, Crystal Palace

Post #2901 of 2913 (950 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
And while all this is going on the Labour party is tearing itself limb-from-limb.

It now has 14 MPís elected as Labour candidateís in 2017 that are now Independent;
8 MPís now part of Independent Group
1 MP in prison
3 MPís expelled due to alleged Sexual misconduct
1 MP Resigned after voting for Brexit (Frank Field)
1 MP expelled for Homophobia

Right now we need a strong opposition. What we have is worse than useless.

Now 3 Tories join the Independent Group, making them the same size as LDís and bigger than DUP

What a tawdry bunch they are.

Unified only by their opposition to the UK leaving the EU and their demand for a second referendum to overturn the original result.

I note that none of them are doing the honourable thing and calling a by election in their constituencies and standing for re-election as independents. Yet they demand a second referendum for the country.

Hypocrisy.

Perhaps they will invite the discredited Blair to be their leader. If this is the face of the new middle of the road party then I would warn them to be wary of the traffic as they will surely be swept away at the next election.

windydcfc
Man City Transfer Target!

Feb 20, 2019, 1:53 PM

Team(s): Derby County FC England Borussia MŲnchengladbach

Post #2902 of 2913 (942 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

What is now the governments & DUPís combined majority?
Obviously taking away Sinn Fein lack of attendance!
How close are we to a General Election?

007Dale
First Team Star

Feb 20, 2019, 5:14 PM

Post #2903 of 2913 (828 views)
Shortcut
Re: [windydcfc] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
What is now the governments & DUPís combined majority?
Obviously taking away Sinn Fein lack of attendance!
How close are we to a General Election?

Itís a bit complicated but:

650 seats
- 1 speaker
- 7 SF
- 1 vacant
Therefore 641

Minimum required for majority 321
Current with Tories & DUP 324
Working majority 6

Falls to 4 if Labour fills the vacant Newport West seat.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 20, 2019, 5:33 PM

Post #2904 of 2913 (814 views)
Shortcut

I think you can add the two deputy speakers to your exclusions.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 20, 2019, 5:43 PM

Post #2905 of 2913 (804 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

In Reply To

I'm guessing that Honda wasn't able to predict the downturn in EU economic growth or the significant downturn in sales in the far more important Chinese market.

Perhaps you could lend them your Amazing Crystal Ball, lol!

Well that statement was made not much than four months ago.

Honda also warned a no-deal Brexit would cost it tens of millions.

Again another of many lies by EU leave . They were stating fact according to them at the time and not an opinion

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 20, 2019, 5:49 PM

Post #2906 of 2913 (797 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To

Vetoed it to protect our interests? Hm, interesting point.

Well as a member of the EU we can veto trade deals, but once we've left the Union we'll lose all influence within it including the ability to veto trade deals.

In future the EU will be able to come to whatever deals it wants, with whoever it wants, ignoring our interests.

Isn't that what you voted in favour of?

If the member states want they'll also be able to move towards closer political union, without us holding them back.

Fortunately, we have Jeremy Hunt and Liam Fox, with their unique negotiating skills, to organise even better trade deals than the EU can manage and Gavin Williamson with his gunboats to back them up if things get sticky

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/28/uk-only-30-expert-trade-negotiators-brexit-foreign-affairs-committee-report

Incidentally Fox and Hunt wont really be having any involvement in brexit trade details. Our future will be in the hands of a few civil servants as we cannot get the required 240 fully trained staff to sort the mess out. Most have never negotiated a trade deal in their life so no doubt they will secure us a better deal then we are getting with the EU at the moment Crazy

I need to have the last word as it makes it look as if i'm always right!

Richard Rundle

Feb 21, 2019, 7:45 AM

Post #2907 of 2913 (605 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think you can add the two deputy speakers to your exclusions.

There are two deputy speakers from each side, so it makes no difference to the assumed majority.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 21, 2019, 9:58 AM

Post #2908 of 2913 (560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A correction for both of us: there are three deputy speakers, two Labour, one Conservative, but with the Speaker proper it is as you say, two+two.

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Feb 22, 2019, 11:03 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #2909 of 2913 (332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ronsdog] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
And while all this is going on the Labour party is tearing itself limb-from-limb.

It now has 14 MPís elected as Labour candidateís in 2017 that are now Independent;
8 MPís now part of Independent Group
1 MP in prison
3 MPís expelled due to alleged Sexual misconduct
1 MP Resigned after voting for Brexit (Frank Field)
1 MP expelled for Homophobia

Right now we need a strong opposition. What we have is worse than useless.

Now 3 Tories join the Independent Group, making them the same size as LDís and bigger than DUP

What a tawdry bunch they are.

Unified only by their opposition to the UK leaving the EU and their demand for a second referendum to overturn the original result.

I note that none of them are doing the honourable thing and calling a by election in their constituencies and standing for re-election as independents. Yet they demand a second referendum for the country.

Hypocrisy.

Perhaps they will invite the discredited Blair to be their leader. If this is the face of the new middle of the road party then I would warn them to be wary of the traffic as they will surely be swept away at the next election.

Another Labour MP has jumped ship. Ian Austin has resigned from the party although he is not joining The Independent Group (or TIGgers as they are apparently being called). It's remarkable that the Opposition to the most inept Government in my memory is imploding faster than the Conservative Party.

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 22, 2019, 1:22 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #2910 of 2913 (272 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd expect the moment of truth for the Conservatives to come this Wednesday. May seems to be running down the clock to force the HofC to make a straight choice between her Deal and a No Deal/WTO Brexit.

At that point my money would be on Rees-Mogg's ERG trying to definitively pull the rug from under her Deal so that time would run out and they'd get their Hard Brexit.

We'd then discover whether Hammond and allies have any backbone. It's not a question of whether they breakaway from the Conservative party, but whether they force a delay in Brexit or alternatively bring down the government.

(This post was edited by jon b on Feb 22, 2019, 2:02 PM)

PaulC

Feb 22, 2019, 4:39 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #2911 of 2913 (183 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Part-Timer] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
t's remarkable that the Opposition to the most inept Government in my memory is imploding faster than the Conservative Party.

But ... they oppose Tory Brexit even more vehemently than Corbyn's party at the moment.

It will change of course. Labour will vote for a second referendum.

mip

Feb 22, 2019, 11:53 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #2912 of 2913 (58 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Meanwhile the British Foreign Secretary is in Slovenia to make friends... not doing too well.

https://twitter.com/.../1098992199491076099

jon b
First Team Star

Feb 23, 2019, 4:07 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #2913 of 2913 (26 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] EU Withdrawal Negotiations [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Frighteningly, Hunt is considered one of the more capable members of the cabinet. Presumably on the basis that he can tie his own shoelaces rather than wait whilst Nanny does it for him.

He probably thinks Tito was a footballer.

First page Previous page 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3