Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
BT Sport Big Match Revisited

Jaundiced Hack
First Team Star

Aug 4, 2017, 1:54 PM

Post #1 of 6 (4222 views)
Shortcut
BT Sport Big Match Revisited Can't Post or

BT are showing old Big Matches from 1976 and 77 at the moment which is four decades ago FFS! As this was right in the middle of my era when Watford were on the march through the divisions it brings back some wonderful memories as we ll as some sad ones.
So many of the old grounds are shown and I am amazed at how many obscure players from then I can recognise before they arew named, and indeed how many are no longer with us.
A mention of Graham Tutt's awful injury led me on a tangent as I had forgotten him, and there he was on Youtube having been a 'soccer' supremo over there for years.
Also, the state of the pitches took some believing and some of the keepers, including Mervyn Day, did not wear gloves!
When did it become universal that keepers wore gloves?
That said, how about a stream of 'Where are they now', for ex players who work or live close by?

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 4, 2017, 2:15 PM

Post #2 of 6 (4215 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Jaundiced Hack] BT Sport Big Match Revisited [In reply to] Can't Post or

I saw one the other day Chelsea v Luton was the main game, awful pitch. Think they may show some (or have shown) some Star Soccers (ATV version) under this banner. Derby County's rolled mud springs to mind with Alan Hinton's white boots.

Also on BT player they have a load of old Match of the Day's, I watched Oxford v Leeds from 84/5 the other day, Oxford 0-2 down coming back to win 5-2. John Aldridge and Billy Hamilton doing all the damage with super crosses from Kevin Brock. Peter Lorimer being sent off after an altercation (and rolling over and over on the ground) with Aldridge, Briggs and Shotton at the back for Oxford killing and eating Leeds players. Leeds fans dismantling the TV gantry and throwing it at Steve Hardwick. And Jimmy Hill advocating all football fans should have their goolies cut off for such behaviour.

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 4, 2017, 2:27 PM

Post #3 of 6 (4208 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] BT Sport Big Match Revisited [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You can see plenty of these on youtube. Not only the Big Match but also matches from other regions, all from an era when footballers got muddy and every tackle wasn't followed by yellow or red card.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 4, 2017, 4:02 PM

Post #4 of 6 (4175 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] BT Sport Big Match Revisited [In reply to] Can't Post or

In Reply To
You can see plenty of these on youtube. Not only the Big Match but also matches from other regions, all from an era when footballers got muddy and every tackle wasn't followed by yellow or red card.

The picture quality on BT tends to be better, I was watching a game from 1969 on YouTube the other day and it was blurred and almost unwatchable. Likewise one from 1984 was no where near as good as a 1984 one on BT. Many of the old games on YouTube are Video Tapes from the 80's copied onto a DVD and then downloaded onto a PC and then onto YouTube, each time you lose some quality.

Uncle Ian
Youth Team Sub

Aug 10, 2017, 6:39 PM

Post #5 of 6 (3924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] BT Sport Big Match Revisited [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And the short shorts gets my daughter all excited

AlexMartin
Ballboy/girl

Aug 17, 2017, 6:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 6 (3691 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Uncle Ian] BT Sport Big Match Revisited [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This channel is a good broadcaster of football. I used to watch all football matches on this channel.

visit FalcoVPN

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3