Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Cricket back on free-to-air TV?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 17, 2017, 8:03 PM

Post #1 of 5 (2087 views)
Shortcut
Cricket back on free-to-air TV? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well, possibly a few T20s and ODIs, probably not Tests (at first anyway) but at least an admission of error:
https://www.theguardian.com/...cket-free-air-tv-ecb

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

May 18, 2017, 6:32 AM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #2 of 5 (2017 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Cricket back on free-to-air TV? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But it will all be too late - by the time any cricket does come back to terrestrial, it'll have been more than a decade since it was there.

It's impossible to conceive now that broadcasters would have non-stop coverage of games, and that we could have talents like Benaud sagely commenting on the ebb and flow of the game.

Nor that we could have magical summers like 2005 when as that Ashes series grew in intensity, it really did seem the entire nation was captivated by the cricket.

Cricket has, at the top level, become, as another poster put it, "baseball with stumps".

TV media are also not what it was - folk just seem to want instant updates and condensed highlights on their iPhone and the thought of watching a match slowly develop through periods of high drama and then utter tedium has -sadly in my view - become about as possible in this "modern" era as say going to work in a horse and carriage.

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2017, 8:55 AM

Post #3 of 5 (2000 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Cricket back on free-to-air TV? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Shall I ring the ECB and tell them not to bother? Wink

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

May 18, 2017, 12:22 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #4 of 5 (1977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Cricket back on free-to-air TV? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

From my point of view, yes, nip down to your local payphone and give them a bell (but not Ian)

Too little and too late.

Or can you convince me to the contrary?

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 18, 2017, 1:08 PM

Post #5 of 5 (1968 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Cricket back on free-to-air TV? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Too little if as described but who knows? The five main UK terrestrial channels would not wish to schedule Tests but it's possible that a Freeview channel could be made available. Don't underestimate the appetite for Test match cricket.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3