Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: Premier League & Football League:
Wenger

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

May 15, 2018, 2:22 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #276 of 285 (10517 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Which two teams out the current top 5 would you expect Arsenal to finish above next season?

Any Gooner who simply turns up expecting Arsenal to finish in top 4 next season is, if not arrogant, then deluded. There is no basis to justify such an expectation given the relative size and standard of opposition. Top 4 is a reasonable aim, but that's all it is.

Are you just trolling or what?

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 15, 2018, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #277 of 285 (10513 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

No. Simply discussing the changing expectations around a football club. If you don't want to debate the points you've raised about it on a discussion forum then fair enough.

greenwood
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 19, 2018, 12:42 AM

Team(s):

Post #278 of 285 (10055 views)
Shortcut

I see Arsenal have lost their first two league games of the season. When did this last happen to them? And will the fans soon be demanding the return of Wenger?

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 19, 2018, 1:50 PM

Post #279 of 285 (9977 views)
Shortcut
Re: [greenwood] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I see Arsenal have lost their first two league games of the season. When did this last happen to them? And will the fans soon be demanding the return of Wenger?

Football fans always seem to think the grass is always greener and things will be better with a new manager and in most cases it isn't. With the playing talent Arsenal have you would expect a quick turnaround and pushing for a CL place at the of the season, but I think they could end up top half of the table but outside the European places.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

cope1

Aug 24, 2018, 3:06 PM

Post #280 of 285 (9850 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Contrary to popular and lazy misconception they didn't want Wenger out because they thought they'd win the league as soon as a new boss came in, they wanted Wenger to avoid slipping further away from the top sides and to actually get some ambition back at the club. A decade of slowly rolling back down the hill, living off big wins against the weaker sides and celebrating endless Champions League qualification (yay, we can go out meakly in the last 16) will not be undone in a couple of months.

The only reason the City game would have been worthy of discussion is if City hadn't won while the Chelsea game wasn't terrible and, if anything, give Chelsea fans more cause for concern given their starting position.

I expect the team will finish in the Europe League places once more this season but they have more chance of bettering that than they would have had under Wenger when they'd have succumbed, meakly to any real challenge. I'd like to see Leno and Torreira start but have been impressed by Guendouzi. Hopefully we can get a cup win to sweeten the season,. Either way, it's far too early to judge the team now and even if Emery does not turn out to be the answer, Wenger had ceased to be that long ago.

Towlawtom
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 24, 2019, 5:54 PM

Post #281 of 285 (471 views)
Shortcut

Come back Wenger !

I need to have the last word, as it always looks as if I am right !

cope1

Nov 26, 2019, 9:47 PM

Post #282 of 285 (365 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Emery out, I'd grant you, but please don't bring Wenger back!
Mourinho would've been a reasonable appointment as he might have got the frigging defence sorted, something no one else has managed since Patrick Vieira left :(

Isaac

Nov 29, 2019, 9:57 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #283 of 285 (266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Emery out, I'd grant you, but please don't bring Wenger back!
Mourinho would've been a reasonable appointment as he might have got the frigging defence sorted, something no one else has managed since Patrick Vieira left :(

I think defeat at Norwich could be the final straw for Emery but bringing Wenger back even until the end of the season would be ridiculous. They should have snapped Jose up before their local rivals did, I don't know whether Poch would be interested?
Just heard on the radio that an announcement could be imminent about Emery.

(This post was edited by Isaac on Nov 29, 2019, 10:09 AM)

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 29, 2019, 10:14 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #284 of 285 (254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Emery has gone.

Loiner
First Team Star

Nov 29, 2019, 11:36 PM

Team(s): None. A supporter of grassroots football

Post #285 of 285 (197 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Towlawtom] Wenger [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Come back Wenger !

I doubt that he would come b ack now he has his feet under the table at F.I.F.A.

Cool

First page Previous page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3