Buying A Football Club

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 23, 2017, 6:55 PM

Post #1 of 8 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Buying A Football Club Can't Post or Reply Privately

* Disclaimer, no I am not looking to buy one... at the moment Wink

Have you ever wondered what this entails - obviously apart from having the finances available to buy one in the first place.

If you had the money to buy a club, what processes would you have to undergo before you were successful? There are things like the FFP which you have to pass, but what else?

Have you been involved in buying a club - at any level - and what was your experience of this? What did you have to do in order to buy the club and what processes/conditions etc. did you have to meet and satisfy?

Also, if you were to sell a club (if you were the owner) what conditions/stipulations would a buyer have to meet before you agreed to sell?

I've seen a lot of videos about league and non-league clubs, but none mention the processes of buying a club and what happens during a takeover, so if anybody has experience of this then maybe it could make for a nice forum discussion.

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 24, 2017, 11:37 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #2 of 8 (1548 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Buying A Football Club [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have a word with Tommy he should be in ownership by now.

July 1, 2018 to June 30,2019 = 138/ 114 / 24(You know my rules) @ 13 /12 /2018.(Only 10 x 0-0's)

Project TFTTUEFAG's2018/19. Clubs 712.Grounds (Variable).
Need - 108 ( 15.2%).

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 24, 2017, 1:02 PM

Post #3 of 8 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Buying A Football Club [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I had seen his posts, I wonder if he is a budding Abramovich...

jon b
First Team Star

Mar 25, 2017, 8:44 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #4 of 8 (1419 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MrTangerineMan] Buying A Football Club [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Are you sure buying a football club is Non Football Related? Cool

..Oh hang though, given the characters currently buying League clubs as a vanity project, and who know absolutely nothing about football, you're spot on. Unimpressed

If you really want to experience much of the essence of the joys of owning a football club outside the Premier League I'd have thought that could be achieved by taking all your bank notes, piling them up in the garden and setting fire to them. Tongue

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 25, 2017, 11:51 AM

Post #5 of 8 (1386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Buying A Football Club [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Very well said.

I would never say never, with regards to buying a club were I to win the Lotto, but what goes on during the actual buying of a club?

Scenario Time:

You are the chairman of either a league or non-league club of your choice. You are looking to sell, and one day I appear out of nowhere and offer you money for the club.

I can't just hand you a case full of readies and then you hand over the keys to the club - there are certain processes such as FPP that I would have to go through (for all the use that is), but what other things would I need to bear in mind and what conditions would I need to satisfy before I am actually the new owner?

richiejenn
First Team Star

Mar 26, 2017, 2:42 PM

Team(s):

Post #6 of 8 (1327 views)
Shortcut

http://www.thefa.com/...financial-regulation

MrTangerineMan
Reserve Team Regular

Mar 26, 2017, 3:53 PM

Post #7 of 8 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [richiejenn] Buying A Football Club [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Many thanks RichieJenn, very useful indeed!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 27, 2017, 9:38 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #8 of 8 (1216 views)
Shortcut

The old saying on how do you become a millionaire comes in on this one. Start with 10m and buy a football club! I would not get involved at any level no matter how much money I had.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3