Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: General Discussion:
Is Step 5 the Wild West?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Linnetstowinit
Youth Team Star

Nov 22, 2019, 4:20 PM

Team(s): Runcorn Linnets,Arsenal,Tranmere Rovers,Guernsey

Post #51 of 53 (1524 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorkstar] Is Step 5 the Wild West? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I've seen some dreadful referees, although also some pretty good ones - that's no different from Step 4.

That is because they are the same grade of referee - Step 4 & 5 tend to get the same games. The better referees at that grade will get Step 3, as they are on the promotion track.

After many years at Step 5 we were promoted 2 seasons ago and the standard of refereeing has been generally much better.

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 22, 2019, 8:50 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #52 of 53 (1300 views)
Shortcut
Re: [AndyE] Is Step 5 the Wild West? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

At least, it was fine until last night when I went to a game involving the club. The Chairman asked for a word, and I thought he was going to say something similar - but no. In fact, he wanted to tell me that he didn't appreciate this, who did I think I was for saying that, how glad he is that I'm no longer involved, that I'm not welcome at "his" club, and so on. For good measure he called me the c-word, and although he didn't do it I actually thought he was going to hit me.

Unfortunately I'm not in the least bit surprised. I've been in your shoes and they're not comfortable (not just because I have big feet. And you know what they say about big feet. Big shoes), apparently you're a decent bloke until you don't want to do a job any more. After that, you can FRO.
I've mentioned this on another thread, but my days of volunteering for a job I usually get paid for are over. I'll probably go back to watch Stortford at some point, I'm in no rush though. Which considering I've stood on a stepladder in the snow and rain to watch my team may be looked upon as a shame.
I hope you find something to watch that makes you happy.

davidjay
Reserve Team Regular

Nov 30, 2019, 10:42 AM

Post #53 of 53 (703 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ladderman] Is Step 5 the Wild West? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

At least, it was fine until last night when I went to a game involving the club. The Chairman asked for a word, and I thought he was going to say something similar - but no. In fact, he wanted to tell me that he didn't appreciate this, who did I think I was for saying that, how glad he is that I'm no longer involved, that I'm not welcome at "his" club, and so on. For good measure he called me the c-word, and although he didn't do it I actually thought he was going to hit me.

Unfortunately I'm not in the least bit surprised. I've been in your shoes and they're not comfortable (not just because I have big feet. And you know what they say about big feet. Big shoes), apparently you're a decent bloke until you don't want to do a job any more. After that, you can FRO.

Ai't that always the way. I was a voluntary worker for a pressure group for many years until I stepped down due to disagrereing with their new-found stance on a few issues. I got no thanks, a borderline abusive mail from their chair accusing me of "dropping them in it" and have watched with some disbelief as I hear of the eye-watering amounts he and several others now pay themselves for doing jobs others did for free.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3