Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Champions League Final to go outside Europe?

Ropemaker
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 20, 2016, 6:53 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town

Post #1 of 11 (23545 views)
Shortcut
Champions League Final to go outside Europe? Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know parts of Turkey etc. aren't in Europe but UEFA are talking about a final in New York or Beijing. Or anywhere that's wants to pay UEFA enough for the privilege ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37720274

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 20, 2016, 7:44 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 11 (23506 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've done football in NY and Moscow and know where i'd rather go for a CL final, it's a no brainer for every reason under the sun.

derekn
First Team Star

Oct 20, 2016, 9:17 PM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #3 of 11 (23448 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And we all thought Platini was a dickhead!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 21, 2016, 9:47 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #4 of 11 (23331 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think it's a case of pandering to the giants of the game what with all the talk/threats of them going their own way and doing their own thing in the very places that have been mentioned.

sandhurstbee

Oct 22, 2016, 11:16 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #5 of 11 (23038 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It is The Champions League Final competed by EUROPEAN Clubs FFS. What next extra PL game in USA? Wink

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

Richard Rundle

Oct 24, 2016, 3:19 PM

Post #6 of 11 (22462 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well the European Champions League already has a) a number of clubs that aren't champions in it an b) is as much a cup as it is a league, so I don't see why the European bit should matter much either. They can play it on the moon for all I care. Or even at Arsenal. Either way not much atmosphere.

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 24, 2016, 4:58 PM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #7 of 11 (22413 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ropemaker] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I know parts of Turkey etc. aren't in Europe but UEFA are talking about a final in New York or Beijing. Or anywhere that's wants to pay UEFA enough for the privilege ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37720274

Will they ever stop.
One stupid idea after another.

bmavfc
Reserve Team Sub

Oct 24, 2016, 6:51 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Peterborough Sports

Post #8 of 11 (22350 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Might not bother with the 39th game but only a matter of time before a club takes a league game over there.

In Reply To
It is The Champions League Final competed by EUROPEAN Clubs FFS. What next extra PL game in USA? Wink

Unicorn
Chelsea Transfer Target

Oct 25, 2016, 10:03 AM

Team(s): Arsenal and South Eastern Football

Post #9 of 11 (22111 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sadly you are right.
Big clubs and medium size clubs are slowly but surely losing touch with their true fans.
I rarely go to big games these days but the fans are different.
Many seem totally intolerant of the concept of a game and appreciate little of the play of the opposition.
Its just i have paid to get in so anything less than a victory and i will jeer and boo.
The soul of football at that level has gone and if they started taking games abroad out of its home country and worse out of Europe i am not sure that the new wave of shallow fair weather fans would not raise too much objection.

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Oct 26, 2016, 1:51 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #10 of 11 (21616 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bmavfc] Champions League Final to go outside Europe? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Might not bother with the 39th game but only a matter of time before a club takes a league game over there.

In Reply To

Did the Dundee-Celtic league game in the US in 2017 ever get confirmed? All seems to have gone quiet since the fixtures came out.

garethwrexy

Nov 10, 2016, 11:57 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #11 of 11 (13041 views)
Shortcut

Have final in new york

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3