Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED

alan hindle
Youth Team Regular

Sep 29, 2016, 3:33 PM

Team(s): Wigan Athletic

Post #1 of 5 (5588 views)
Shortcut
ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED Can't Post or Reply Privately

Have read today that Michael O'Neil the Northern Ireland manager wanted to call up Will Grigg for the upcoming NI internationals, but Will asked to be overlooked as his partner gave birth ten days ago and feels he shouldn't be away at this time, having made the same request for an earlier international as his partner was due to give birth.
I have a particular beef with this so-called international manager who called Will up for the recent Euro Championship and what happened, Will didn't get a kick even as a substitute, yet had a better scoring record than either of the two strikers he persisted with, Lafferty and Washington, who didn't exactly cover themselves in glory, so if I was Will I would tell O'Neal where to put himself, as he is not likely to play him again, particularly as his goalscoring rate has dropped as he is in a higher more competitive division.

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 30, 2016, 11:04 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #2 of 5 (5399 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alan hindle] ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Michael O`Neill certainly seems to have a problem playing Grigg. I think he has had only 1 full game in a pointless friendly, when he has got on the pitch it is usually for the last 5 minutes or so. As you say he had the best strike record and form of any of his rivals but did not play a minute of the EURO`s.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

alan hindle
Youth Team Regular

Sep 30, 2016, 12:45 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5366 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes Sandhurstbee, he did indeed get just the one unimportant friendly. Watch out for him as he's returning to his old stamping ground at Griffin Park tomorrow and will be raring to go after his late winner against Wolves on Tuesday. I do my hopping when Latics are away and am at Sandbach tomorrow, so will be keeping in touch with the battle with the "Bees" via local radio in my headphones. Am a bit bothered as your lads thrashed the "Royals" on Tuesday, but can still hope for some kind of result.

sandhurstbee
Man City Transfer Target!

Oct 1, 2016, 10:05 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #4 of 5 (5194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [alan hindle] ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Obviously hoping and TBH expecting a home win but this is the championship and Brentford, nothing guaranteed. Crazy

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

alan hindle
Youth Team Regular

Oct 2, 2016, 10:19 PM

Post #5 of 5 (5018 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] ITERNATIONAL CALLS NOT USED [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Well Sandhurstbee, you were perfectly correct when you said anything can be expected, and it appears we did a fantastic job in blunting your firepower, and towards the end of the match nearly grabbed the three points. Would seem to have been a fair result, much better than our previous visit to Griffin Park at the end of season 2014-2015 when you gave us areal good hiding. Looks like our manager is getting the message through to the troops, stop giving the opposition silly goals away as we have been doing, particularly away from home, although only by a narrow goal margin in the result, hence our brilliant goal difference of only minus 2 against other teams around us at the bottom with much higher minus goal differences. Been good having our discussion. Thanks.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3