Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: All Other Football Interests: All other football:
Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 4, 2016, 11:37 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #1 of 6 (3821 views)
Shortcut
Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU Can't Post or Reply Privately

The European Commission has found the Spanish Government and local authorities guilty of giving financial support to some of Spain's top clubs. All such funding must be repaid

The clubs involved are

Barcelona
Real Madrid
Valencia
Ath Bilbao
Osasuna
Hercules and
Elche

In one of the deals Real Madrid sold land overvalued by 18 million euros to the Madrid city council. Valencia must pay back 20 million euros. RM, FCB, ACB and CAO paid 25% corporation tax rather than 30%

http://europa.eu/...se_IP-16-2401_en.htm

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jul 4, 2016, 11:39 AM)

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jul 4, 2016, 8:50 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 6 (3662 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wonder if the Real Madrid one is when they sold their centrally based training facility because of financial problems about twenty years ago then went on a spending spree with the proceeds!

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Jul 4, 2016, 9:16 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #3 of 6 (3639 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wonder if the Real Madrid one is when they sold their centrally based training facility because of financial problems about twenty years ago then went on a spending spree with the proceeds!

I don't think this needs any translating (Real Madrid's response in As)

"Sorprende que la Comisión Europea se haya servido para dictar su resolución de una valoración hecha por un estudio de arquitectos de Barcelona, con poca experiencia en tasaciones similares, en general, y casi nula en la ciudad de Madrid"Smile

Needless to say, they say they will appeal.

From what I can make out. in 1998, the council bought land from RM for 22.7 m euros but the land was redesignated and could not be used for its intended purpose - it was worth therefore only 0.6 million euros!!!

(This post was edited by PaulC on Jul 4, 2016, 9:22 PM)

aiwa
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 5, 2016, 10:07 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 6 (3447 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Anyone know what happened to the State Aid investigation into Swansea City and the Liberty Stadium? Is it still ongoing?

I come across State Aid rules in my work and not having to pay them regard is one of the hidden benefits of leaving the EU.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jul 6, 2016, 5:47 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #5 of 6 (3301 views)
Shortcut
Re: [aiwa] Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was always given to believe that many clubs in France are subsidised by localities - is this not also public funding?
And of course, the public funding of clubs by other countries is permitted, (Barcelona by Qatar, Atletico by Azerbeijan, Mam City by Abu Dhabi (or is it Dubai), PSG by ...(can't remember who, buts its a lot of money))

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

TheFootyDiary
Youth Team Regular

Jul 6, 2016, 6:47 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alexandra and Nantwich Town

Post #6 of 6 (3112 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Public funding of Spanish football clubs outlawed by EU [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PSG is also Qatar I think.

Doing the 92 Progress - 14/92
New 92 Grounds Added 16/17 season - 2
New 92 Grounds Added 17/18 season - 0
Other New 92 Grounds Planned for 17/18 - n/a

2017/18 (including PSF):
Games: 17
Goals: 58
0-0s: 0

Vital Crewe editor & Crewe Alex supporter who follows Nantwich when the Alex are away.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3