Ground seen on Gareth Bale programme

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 3, 2016, 9:35 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #1 of 3 (3520 views)
Shortcut
Ground seen on Gareth Bale programme Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just watched this Gareth Bale: Euro Star on BBC1 Wales, it's being shown on all the other BBC1 regions at 11:25pm tonight. 20 minutes in the programme shows Gareth returning to Wales surprising a group of kids by taking part in their training session and wondered if anyone recognised the ground? It's a railed off pitch next to the sea, assuming it was filmed early evening it must be a west facing coast given the shadows with land jutting out to the south. There is a small covered terrace with green exterior behind the dugouts on the inland side, main pitch enclosed by a mesh fence with more pitches outside. Probably find out it's a ground I visited it on a hop but can't immediately picture it. Answers on a postcardWink.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 5, 2016, 10:33 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 3 (3358 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Ground seen on Gareth Bale programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

My guess would be Sully Sports..........

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jun 8, 2016, 12:19 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #3 of 3 (3008 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Ground seen on Gareth Bale programme [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Thanks for that. Not visited it myself but looking at Google Maps you're probably right. It must have been filmed around midday given the position of the shadows making it south facing with the land to the left being Sully Island. For anyone who missed the programme it's on the BBCi player until 3rd July, the ground featured 19 minutes in.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3