Ad Blockers

steve walker
Administrator

May 31, 2016, 6:15 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (21918 views)
Shortcut
Ad Blockers Can't Post or Reply Privately

There has been a lot of talk in the news recently about Ad Blockers. In fact you can now install Ad Blocker Blockers that stop users that have an Ad Blocker from accessing a site. Not a road I am going down by the way.

I can see why people use them. Regional newspaper sites seem particularly bad for me... videos start playing automatically WITH sound, an ad appears over the page that you have to cancel and they normally hide the cancel button for a while, the 'more from around the web' clickbait rubbish that takes you to dodgy sites.... I get it.

The NLM site has two (or one on some pages) ad spaces. The site gets paid for displaying ads. Nobody is asking you to click on them, it makes no difference to revenue. So I would just like to ask that any visitors that use an ad blocker please white list the NLM site. I will not add adverts that are intrusive or at least not knowingly remembering the recent auto-expanding full screen stuff we had :)

Thanks.... Steve

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

May 31, 2016, 7:06 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #2 of 3 (21881 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Ad Blockers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is the only site in my whitelist.

What I can never understand with these targeted ads is why they try to sell me things I've already bought.

(This post was edited by PaulC on May 31, 2016, 7:08 PM)

dseagull
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 17, 2016, 5:56 PM

Team(s): Hailsham Town, Spurs, Brighton

Post #3 of 3 (16862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] Ad Blockers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just turned off Steve, as with PaulC, this is now the only site in my whitelist.

Check out the Hailsham Town website at http://www.hailshamtownfc.org.uk

You can also follow The Stringers on Twitter; http://twitter.com/hailshamtownfc/

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3