Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Friday 22nd April

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 22, 2016, 8:45 PM

Post #1 of 10 (3668 views)
Shortcut
Friday 22nd April Can't Post or

Honiton Town Res (0)0
Axminster Town Res (5) 7

Devon & Exeter Division Four

Att 63

In the west for a few days and this game was only 5 minutes walk from my Hotel. It was a top of the table clash but Axminster were one up after 90 seconds and never looked back.

The game was played on the second pitch at the ground the club have two more home games tomorrow when the first team the third elevens are at home. The pitch was partly roped.

Very good standard for step 12 in fact a very good game despite the scoreline.

LeedsPhil
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2016, 10:43 PM

Team(s): Leeds + groundhopping

Post #2 of 10 (3521 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Panasonic 2-3 Bellslea
North East Scotland FA
(summer-league Scottish Welfare), top flight
at Dales Park multipitches, Peterhead - far RHS pitch of 10
h/c peaked at 28
f&n

4th night of freedom whilst Madame's away on her latest trip. A badly-timed training course in the office precluded me taking the days off and thereby getting to far-away options. So the only doable Friday night ticks were a couple of fixtures in the NESFA in Peterhead (having previously done tonight's 3rd NESFA fixture : Methlick - a good one).

When I previously did a Panasonic home game, both sides had changed at the Dales Park pavilion then driven down to The Links and used the sea-side of the two pitches there. I started by driving past The Links. Nothing happening there. Good! Onward to check where Peterhead United v Buchanhaven FC was being played. Found them getting ready at the roadside outside grass pitch at Peterhead FC's complex. Hmmm. Would've been a bracketted tick, having previously seen a NESFA fixture on that pitch (Buchanhaven FC home v Peterhead United !). But time to carry on to check what was happening at Dales Park. Aha! - setting up there, somewhere I've not previously seen a game, so that'll do nicely.

At the top of the town - a very exposed open expanse of ten pitches in total. With a Baltic north wind blowing straight in off the North Sea, my goodness this was COLD. The lovely warm evenings of earlier this week are already a distant memory.

Beware the 7pm declared KO times in this league. This one got under way at a much more sensible 6:45pm, which with a three-minute HT meant we were done whilst it was still light enough.

A flurry of goals back and forth between the 20th minute and HT made it two each, two of those being very long-range speculative efforts that caught out each flapping keeper. Just the one goal in the second period, the Bellslea number 7 getting his hat-trick courtesy of his second penalty.

Very glad of the final whistle, and the chance to put the heaters on full blast for the drive straight home. Late April and it's still winter!!!

(This post was edited by LeedsPhil on Apr 22, 2016, 11:19 PM)

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 22, 2016, 11:05 PM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #3 of 10 (3463 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LeedsPhil] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wessex League Premier Division
Moneyfields 1-0 AFC Portchester
Attendance 120 estimated headcount
Admission £5 - Programme £1

Only goal came from a 20th minute penalty. Both sides had a player sent off. Watched in the company of Russ WWFC.

Mike S
Reserve Team Regular

Apr 22, 2016, 11:38 PM

Post #4 of 10 (3388 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

St Johnstone 3 Aberdeen 0

Back in Scotland but non work trip so having to pay all costs myself but a St Johnstone, Peterhead , inverness treble too good to turn down

Surprise result tonight but score reflected balance of play

Very ordinary and basic slightly run down ground for a fairly new build. Plenty of parking but looked hard to escape afterwards and parked in estate across road

Dave 56
First Team Sub

Apr 22, 2016, 11:44 PM

Team(s): Leatherhead

Post #5 of 10 (3374 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cherryhopper] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WNL Division One
Johnstown Youth 1 - 6 Castell AC Free Admission. Programme £1
Several familiar faces at this one. A rare genuine issue by the club saw several programme collectors in attendance! Home side took the lead very early on, with the visitors equalising and scoring a second in quick succession.
I am sure someone will post a comprehensive match report in due course.

mxhornet
First Team Star

Apr 23, 2016, 7:07 AM

Team(s): Watford, Celtic, Ajax, Kings Lynn Town and all local ladies teams.

Post #6 of 10 (3206 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dave 56] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dereham Town Reserves - 0 AFC Sudbury Reserves - 1
Thurlow Nunn League Division One
Aldiss Park
Attendance - 49 (official)
Admission - £4 / Programme - £1

It's taken 19 years but I've finally revisited Aldiss Park for a reserve fixture, the previous versus Wymondham Town Reserves. Mainly tempted by the chance to tick off a programme and with nothing else local this was as good an opportunity as I was ever likely to get. As it was it was worth the effort a 36 page Barnes Print issue as well as photocopies of the official team sheet on offer in the clubhouse, via where they were taking the gate.
Though I wasn't too sure what sort of game it would be neither side finding wins easy to come by in 2016. However with two young enthusiastic sides a decent enough game was on offer. Though it did get rather niggly following Sudbury's goal which came from a quickly taken free kick which Dereham seem to think should have been given their way. Two players were booked for dissent before the game restarted. After this Dereham players still wanted to question the referee time and time again but still not working out that they would get themselves booked, inevitably Dereham were down to 10 players with 11 minutes to play. Despite this it was generally an entertaining game and well worth the effort.

Watford FC supporter hence the name also follow Hull FC but rarely get to see either these days.

Have now visited over 800 grounds, progress in recent years has been rather slow and will continue to be as things stand.

prorege
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 23, 2016, 9:09 AM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #7 of 10 (3092 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mxhornet] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SPFL Development League (1pm KO)
Hearts v Rangers, 1-0, H.T. 0-0, Att c.70, Free Admission, Free Teamsheets
At Riccarton Astro

90 minutes of feisty football provided early afternoon entertainment at the Heriot Watt University campus.

Hearts probably just about deserved their win, scoring with around 20 minutes left to play.

There’s even more building work going on now which meant that spectators were confined to a small area in the corner of the pitch. It was wholly inadequate for the approximately 70 spectators who were stood three deep with those behind struggling to see.

The grass pitch has now been dug up – it looks like another grass surface will be going down in its place. Work on the massive indoor football and rugby pitch, with spectator facilities, continues apace and I look forward to seeing a game there before too long.

It was the usual obstacle course to get through the building sites to the football pitch with ditches, giant puddles, quicksand and speeding dumper trucks adding to the fun.

Bradshaw
Youth Team Star

Apr 23, 2016, 2:02 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC., Black Country non-league; The F.A.Vase

Post #8 of 10 (2910 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fri April 22nd
Huws Gray Alliance
Cefn Druids 4 Gresford Ath. 0
Adm £5 (£3 concs) Programme £2 (Decent historical content plus club history)
The pivotal point in this game was a remarkable situation replicated from the previous evening's match at Frickley whereby the referee initially ignored the home team's appeals for a penalty only for the official to change his mind and award a spot-kick after consulting with a linesman. Worse was to follow for the visitors. To their discredit some Cefn players were calling for a red card and the ref duly obliged. Trouble was he "sent off" the wrong player. When the error was pointed out he looked for another culprit but again chose the wrong player. I felt an inverted "I'm Spartacus" moment coming on. The ref settled on the number 3 who was not at all pleased. It was a dubious penalty call in the first place as I initially thought the infringement had been for a Cefn forward backing into the defender. Referee Mr Fogerty hadn't exactly covered himself in glory shortly before when he booked a Cefn forward for simulation when the Bradshaw snickometer definitely registered a boot on boot contact. Still you have to have some sympathy with officials who have to endure the constant hectoring from players and coaches that is sadly much too prevalent in the modern game. Cefn had taken a first half lead when Jack Graham's rising drive beat the considerable frame of 'keeper Jon Hill Dunt on his near post. Dave Forbes converted that penalty just after the hour before Ryan Kershaw struck from twenty yards and Robbie James headed home from close range in injury time.

(This post was edited by Bradshaw on Apr 23, 2016, 6:22 PM)

colpic
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 25, 2016, 11:41 PM

Team(s): Scotter United (Scunthorpe League), AFC Telford(home town club),

Post #9 of 10 (2254 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bradshaw] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Fortuna Dusseldorf 1 St Pauli 1
Bundesliga 2 Adm 33 Euros Prog 1 Euro Att 30820

I flew out of Birmingham on the 1125 Flybe flight and had checked in to my hotel near the Hauptbahnhof by mid afternoon, and with a 6 30 kick off I had plenty of time to catch the U78 direct to the Esprit Arena using the free transport pass which the hotel had given me. There is no print at home facility so I collect my pre-ordered ticket from a red kiosk near the top of the station steps, all very smooth.

The Esprit Arena has been well-covered on here and is an impressive facility and had a decent atmosphere, even 20000 empty sets. The visiting 3000 fans made themselves heard throughout and an early goal for the hosts on 6 mins got the home fans roused too. There was always the feeling that it would prove difficult to hold on to this narrow lead and it was no surprise when Picault popped up between a ruck of defenders to sidefoot an equaliser on 71 mins to share the spoils.

No one seems to be in a rush to go home so it was easy enough to jump back onto the U78 and alight in the Altstadt 15 minutes later to revisit a few former haunts. I didn't stay out too late as I had to meet up with KYM, Hutch and Buncranaboy (who has reported on the rest of the weekends activities elsewhere) the following morning.

Thanks to KYM for his sterling efforts behind the wheel on the rest of the trip.....

Where's the 'ignore this poster' button?

Part-Timer
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 26, 2016, 11:49 AM

Team(s): Brentford, Bradford City, Peterborough United, Yaxley

Post #10 of 10 (2114 views)
Shortcut
Re: [colpic] Friday 22nd April [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

South Peterborough U14 6-1 Warboys Colts U14
Huntingdonshire U14 Cup Final
Venue: Yaxley FC
Attendance: c100

After a good run of entertaining cup finals this season this one disappointingly wasn't. It wasn't close, the crowd was small and it was very cold. Not that it was a great surprise. South Peterborough play in the NERF Junior Premier League while Warboys play in a local league. In truth South Peterborough looked no better than a collection of good individuals who could do with some decent coaching to encourage them to play as a team and show a bit of discipline. Warboys were outclassed but worked hard.

South Peterborough took the lead after three minutes and doubled it mid way through the (35 minute) half. Shortly after that one of their players received a yellow card for a wild tackle. Some thought it should have been red. Ten minutes into the second half the same player had another lunge and received another ticking off. His manager was obviously about to take him off when another South Peterborough player launched into a wild, studs up assault. This time the red card did emerge. None of this greatly affected the match. Goals 15 and 20 minutes into the second half made it 4-0. Warboys then ran out of fit players (they only had one substitute) which resulted in them going down to ten too. They scored a consolation goal five minutes from time but still found time to concede two more.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3