Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again...

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 16, 2016, 1:46 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #1 of 6 (2207 views)
Shortcut
Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... Can't Post or Reply Privately

Takes 5 for 1 off a spell of 31 deliveries to send South Africa from 23/0 to 35/5.

SA currently reeling on 77/9 only 67 ahead.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 16, 2016, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #2 of 6 (2181 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And, according the report I heard, that one run came from a dropped catch!

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Jan 16, 2016, 8:17 PM)

Mr. T
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 17, 2016, 12:05 PM

Post #3 of 6 (2102 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

But a very difficult chance. Nevertheless, it makes up for the disappointment of Cape Town, where England let a winning position slip and gave SA some heart. Pity it wasn't 10 wickets though – a bit careless at the end.

I was disconnected from the news for a few hours so when I was told England were 10 runs short of I victory I though was being had. I listened to the TMS commentary later. Sir Geoffrey offered this observation just after lunch when England weren't making any impression and didn't look like doing so: "If Anderson and Broad don't get a wicket soon, I'd get Finn on."

It would have been a different series with Steyn and Philander but even then SA have big problems at the moment.

(This post was edited by Mr. T on Jan 17, 2016, 12:25 PM)

Steelback
First Team Star

Jan 17, 2016, 7:48 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #4 of 6 (2031 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They'd still have been bowled out for 83 even with Steyn & Philander playing though I suspect.

Funniest thing is the 'best batsmen of his generation' bottling it again! Slogging a few in 50 over game against the Windies doesn't qualify as the best Mr de Villiers. More like the most overrated player of his generation

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

jon b
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 18, 2016, 1:32 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #5 of 6 (1964 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mr. T] Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
But a very difficult chance. Nevertheless, it makes up for the disappointment of Cape Town, where England let a winning position slip and gave SA some heart. Pity it wasn't 10 wickets though – a bit careless at the end.

I was disconnected from the news for a few hours so when I was told England were 10 runs short of I victory I though was being had. I listened to the TMS commentary later. Sir Geoffrey offered this observation just after lunch when England weren't making any impression and didn't look like doing so: "If Anderson and Broad don't get a wicket soon, I'd get Finn on."

It would have been a different series with Steyn and Philander but even then SA have big problems at the moment.

As matters drew to a close Sir Geoffrey made a remark that maybe helps explain why he isn't yet "Sir" Geoffrey.

He said of one of the young batsmen whose unwise stroke deprived themselves of a "not out" that he hoped their wife or girlfriend would give them a clip round the lughole.

Geoffrey, of all people, should be more aware than most of the perils of clipping your nearest and dearest. Shocked

jrev61
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 18, 2016, 5:34 PM

Team(s): None

Post #6 of 6 (1924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jon b] Cricket - Stuart Broad at it again... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

As matters drew to a close Sir Geoffrey made a remark that maybe helps explain why he isn't yet "Sir" Geoffrey.

He said of one of the young batsmen whose unwise stroke deprived themselves of a "not out" that he hoped their wife or girlfriend would give them a clip round the lughole.

Geoffrey, of all people, should be more aware than most of the perils of clipping your nearest and dearest. Shocked

Back in 1996 Mr. Boycott was accused of hitting his girlfriend 37 times, although it took him several hours to do so.Smile

jrev61

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3