Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Ground Hopping & Programmes: International Hopping:
Stadium moves.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 17, 2015, 12:35 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #1 of 89 (32944 views)
Shortcut
Stadium moves. Can't Post or Reply Privately

FRANCE.

Olympic Lyon moving to Stade Des Lumieres ( 59,500) on Jan 9 (?) v Troyes.

-----------------------------------------------

Bourg en Bresse Perronas 01 have moved out of Gueugnon's Jean Laville ground and returned for league games back to Bourg en Bresse at the Marcel Verchere Stadium (11,400) on Nov 24.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LUXEMBOURG.

F C Wiltz 71 moved to Terrein am Poetz in Weidingen on Oct 25th.

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...string=wiltz;#693404

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POLAND.

Termalica Bruk-Bet Nieciecza moved back into their renovated Stadium Sportony (4,500) on Dec 1 v Slask.
Should have been Nov 28 v Bialystok , but postponed (icy pitch).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TURKEY.

Antalyaspor moved in to their new Antalya Stadium (32,539) on Oct 26 v Besiktas. Great start 1-5.

Ground is very central, same direction'ish as the stadium they have been playing at , the Akdeniz University Stadium.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All AFAIK.
Any more recent moves gents ?

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

(This post was edited by dottirofhod on Dec 17, 2015, 3:46 PM)

ciderjon
First Team Star

Jan 9, 2016, 12:08 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 89 (32363 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Honduras

Just spotted Juticalpa have moved into a new 22000 capax stadium named after Juan Ramon Breve Vargas

Suspect it's only of interest to 'thee and me'

Last new Belgian beer: Lupulus (formerly Trois Fourquets) Triple 8.5% bc (808)

halsteadhumbug
Youth Team Sub

Jan 11, 2016, 11:18 PM

Team(s): Halstead Town

Post #3 of 89 (32148 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ciderjon] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Deportivo Moron moved into their new ground last season I think.

Estudiantes la Plata hope to move back into their completely rebuilt ground in the same location during 2016.
Central Ballester of the 4th division, from memory are having a new ground built somewhere in Buenos Aires
All argentine clubs of course.

Always returning to Argentina

(This post was edited by halsteadhumbug on Jan 12, 2016, 12:26 PM)

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 14, 2016, 10:28 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #4 of 89 (32002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [halsteadhumbug] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Germany - FSV Zwickau.
Their new stadium is under construction.
The link below is from a local TV station reporting on the progress.
http://www.meinplatz.info/...bau-wachsen-11-12-15

Chris1963

Jan 15, 2016, 10:52 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #5 of 89 (31802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Germany - FSV Zwickau.
Their new stadium is under construction.
The link below is from a local TV station reporting on the progress.
http://www.meinplatz.info/...bau-wachsen-11-12-15

Appears to be on a different site from current ground (Sojusstadion)

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Jan 15, 2016, 10:52 PM)

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 16, 2016, 8:32 AM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #6 of 89 (31741 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

They are due to go the the new stadium in August, so this season is the last chance to see them at the temporary Sojus

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chris1963

Jan 18, 2016, 10:56 PM

Post #7 of 89 (31403 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
They are due to go the the new stadium in August, so this season is the last chance to see them at the temporary Sojus

I've been doing a bit more searching and it seems that FSV Zwickau used to play at the Westsachsenstadion, so presumably the new stadium may be a rebuild of that? Only suitable fixture I can go to for the Sojusstadion is against CZ Jena at the end of the season and I hope tickets are not a problem. But if I had to choose between grounds in May 2016, then I would prefer to do FC Schaffhausen (they're from the Swiss town that is surrounded by Germany) as they are also moving next season.

mip

Jan 18, 2016, 11:08 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #8 of 89 (31392 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I've been doing a bit more searching and it seems that FSV Zwickau used to play at the Westsachsenstadion, so presumably the new stadium may be a rebuild of that? Only suitable fixture I can go to for the Sojusstadion is against CZ Jena at the end of the season and I hope tickets are not a problem. But if I had to choose between grounds in May 2016, then I would prefer to do FC Schaffhausen (they're from the Swiss town that is surrounded by Germany) as they are also moving next season.

Zwickau's new ground isn't a rebuild of Westsachsenstadion.

Westsachsenstadion is located at Am Westsachsenstadion whilst the new ground is in the Eckersbach suburb.

http://www.fsv-zwickau.de/...u-zwickau-eckersbach

Chris1963

Jan 18, 2016, 11:23 PM

Post #9 of 89 (31385 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's starting to get pretty confusing! However, I've just looked at the German Wiki page for FSV Zwickau (which, unlike the English version, has more information about all three stadiums) and it seems that both the new stadium under construction and the temporary Sojusstadium are both in the suburb of Eckersbach, although I don't know how close to each other the two sites are.

mip

Jan 18, 2016, 11:45 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #10 of 89 (31375 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It's starting to get pretty confusing! However, I've just looked at the German Wiki page for FSV Zwickau (which, unlike the English version, has more information about all three stadiums) and it seems that both the new stadium under construction and the temporary Sojusstadium are both in the suburb of Eckersbach, although I don't know how close to each other the two sites are.

Sojusstadion is aptly on Wostokweg 31. The new ground is at the southern end of Max Planck Strasse:
https://www.zwickau.de/...Abschlussbericht.pdf

Everything is in that document down to the direction of traffic flow before and after games, map at page 21 (or so).

Workington FC
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 20, 2016, 10:50 AM

Team(s): Workington Reds, St Ives Roosters RLFC

Post #11 of 89 (31230 views)
Shortcut
Re: [mip] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This is the refurbished Westsachsenstadion - it has a 3G pitch and it looks like most of the spectator facilities have gone.

(This post was edited by Workington FC on Jan 20, 2016, 10:51 AM)

Chris1963

Jan 20, 2016, 10:04 PM

Post #12 of 89 (31105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Workington FC] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

If you look very closely the pitch seems to be in a cage. Unfortunately this might mean that hooliganism is not the only 'English Football Disease' that is being exported abroad.

rivington
Youth Team Regular

Jan 21, 2016, 2:23 PM

Team(s): The Alex

Post #13 of 89 (30959 views)
Shortcut

Having visited the Westsachsenstadion the fencing is just run of the mill that you see all over the place of multi-sports facilities. Iím sure the basketball players appreciate the hockey players being able to play with their own balls inside their own area!
Segregation of fans for Oberliga Sud matches is still used on a as required bases.

Chris1963

Jan 21, 2016, 8:51 PM

Post #14 of 89 (30868 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rivington] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Having visited the Westsachsenstadion the fencing is just run of the mill that you see all over the place of multi-sports facilities. Iím sure the basketball players appreciate the hockey players being able to play with their own balls inside their own area!
Segregation of fans for Oberliga Sud matches is still used on a as required bases.

So, is this stadium still used for Oberliga Sud matches, and if so, what is the name of the club that uses it? I've checked the league table but can't find an obvious Zwickau club that might use it. It looks worth doing as long as the fencing is not as bad as the photo suggests.

leohoenig
Administrator

Jan 21, 2016, 8:58 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #15 of 89 (30858 views)
Shortcut

The last match I have listed as being played there was Landesliga, and I doubt if segregation was required, the crowd is given as 36

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

brb
Reserve Team Sub

Jan 22, 2016, 9:49 AM

Team(s): SG Dynamo Dresden, FC Stahl Brandenburg

Post #16 of 89 (30778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Westsachsenstadion now is used by a lot of Clubs, now in the winter time also FSV did played some PSF there, thanks to the 3G.

http://www.fsv-zwickau.de/index.php/component/content/article/138-verein/saison-2015-16/testspiele-saison-2015-16/1017-fsv-zwickau-fc-rot-weiss-erfurt-ii-9-1-2-0-testspiel

(This post was edited by brb on Jan 22, 2016, 9:50 AM)

dottirofhod

Feb 4, 2016, 11:57 AM

Post #17 of 89 (30403 views)
Shortcut

FRANCE.

Olympic Lyon moving to Stade Des Lumieres ( 59,500) on Jan 9 (?) v Troyes.

=========================================================

Well all went well in the move , they had 55,169 v Troyes.

This was bettered in the 2nd game v Marseille with 56,506.

Yesterday only 30,143 v Bordeaux.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 87 / 75 / 12 / inc 3 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 14 / 10 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(I(MUI-I)-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-1(Act 2- Frosinone new)./ Iberia = P = 0-0 & S = 0-0.

jrev61

Feb 4, 2016, 5:56 PM

Team(s): None

Post #18 of 89 (30333 views)
Shortcut

Lyon's new ground seems to have 3 different names, none of which is a sponsor's name. The official title on the clubs website is 'Parc Olympique Lyonnais' (or Parc OL), but it has also been referred to as Stade des Lumieres and Grand Stade de Lyon. The last name is being used by European Rugby who are staging their 2 cup finals there.

jrev61

dottirofhod

Feb 9, 2016, 12:46 AM

Post #19 of 89 (29805 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Been there a while (June) but only just noticed a 3rd venue on Gozo staging league games and if you scroll down Chris a Kercem Ajax newsletter Issue 2.

http://www.kercemajaxfc.org/

halsteadhumbug
Youth Team Sub

Apr 11, 2016, 2:29 PM

Team(s): Halstead Town

Post #20 of 89 (28463 views)
Shortcut

Atlanta from Buenos Aires are mid build of their new ground which is immediately next door to their current ground. This being the original Chacarita Juniors ground before the dispute between the two clubs over land and rent and land ownership. Hence the rivalry between Chacarita Juniors and Atlanta. Hope that makes sense!

Always returning to Argentina

Chris1963

Apr 25, 2016, 12:56 AM

Post #21 of 89 (28002 views)
Shortcut
Re: [halsteadhumbug] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Atlanta from Buenos Aires are mid build of their new ground which is immediately next door to their current ground. This being the original Chacarita Juniors ground before the dispute between the two clubs over land and rent and land ownership. Hence the rivalry between Chacarita Juniors and Atlanta. Hope that makes sense!

Incorrect as made clear on other thread, actually an indoor arena for basketball (or whatever.)

Chris1963

Apr 25, 2016, 1:02 AM

Post #22 of 89 (27996 views)
Shortcut

Some news from Belgium. Probably at least a year or two off but KFC Nijlen appear tp be planning a ground move. Large plans on display in their clubhouse show a new stadium surrounded by other pitches. Location unclear but has to be at a different site from their current ground (Ophoven) as it is surrounded by houses. Anyone who needs Ophoven should be warned that the club play nearly all home games on Saturday evenings and you may need to wait for this time of year next season before another Sunday home game comes up. Ophoven is definitely worth doing, great old ground with spectators close to the pitch.

dottirofhod

Apr 25, 2016, 2:33 AM

Post #23 of 89 (27984 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Some news from Belgium. Probably at least a year or two off but KFC Nijlen appear tp be planning a ground move. Large plans on display in their clubhouse show a new stadium surrounded by other pitches. Location unclear but has to be at a different site from their current ground (Ophoven) as it is surrounded by houses. worth doing, great old ground with spectators close to the pitch.
==========================================================

Yes Chris it is to be demolished.

New stadium is a few hundred yards as the crow flies away , to be built on the current youth pitches site on Goorstraat. Easily visible on Google maps.

Not before 2018/19 season !!

scottsas
Youth Team Star

Apr 29, 2016, 2:45 AM

Post #24 of 89 (27508 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] Stadium moves. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've been at the new Lyon with work and had a full tour and inspection.
Prior to trip it was Stade des Lumieres, but on trip, and all stadium references, are to Parc OL

dottirofhod

Jun 17, 2016, 1:48 AM

Post #25 of 89 (26407 views)
Shortcut

Finland.

First time champions (2015) Seinajoki JK move to their new stadium on Saturday (18th June) with a game against Helsinki JK.

Already a 6,000 sell out. This replaces the old athletics arena stadium which is 2km away. Get no overlap on this one Chris.

A fleet of buses will take spectators to the newly built stadium in the middle of nowhere in what used to be woods.

Photos = http://www.bing.com/...=overlay&first=1

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3