Leicester City

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Next page Last page  View All

007Dale
First Team Star

Dec 9, 2015, 8:51 PM

Post #1 of 1237 (54758 views)
Shortcut
Leicester City Can't Post or Reply Privately

Over 50% of the teams top of the premier league after 15 games have gone on to win the title in recent years. Can Leicester win it? And if they did would it change English football for the better?

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 9, 2015, 9:21 PM

Team(s): Doncaster Rovers, Everton, Mablethorpe

Post #2 of 1237 (54736 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Premier League is long overdue for a shake up and Leicester becoming Champions would do just that. it is becoming stale and boring at the top with the same teams year after year.

Of course, if Leicester do finish in the top 4 then one of the "so called" big boys will miss out on the Champions League, unless one of them wins it and finishes lower than 4th.

I hope other teams outside of the usual top 4 teams can also shake things up at the end of the season.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 9, 2015, 9:45 PM

Post #3 of 1237 (54718 views)
Shortcut

1) Can they? Yes. Will they? No.

2) Yes.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

dottirofhod

Dec 9, 2015, 9:46 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #4 of 1237 (54716 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1) Yes.
2) Yes.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 35 / 30/ 5/ inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 11 / 08 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-3-2)/ Lux = 0-3 / Neth = 0-0-0-(2 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3/ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-1.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

MCMXC
Youth Team Sub

Dec 10, 2015, 12:51 AM

Team(s): Liverpool, Peterborough, Deeping Rangers

Post #5 of 1237 (54649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Id love them to win it, however i dont think it would cause too much of a shake up.

Where as if Chelsea got relegated too, which probably wont happen, but then i think it would cause a shake up

ladderman

Dec 10, 2015, 7:55 AM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #6 of 1237 (54596 views)
Shortcut

Well they can, but I doubt they will. We'll have a better idea in a month. The sides in Europe now have a break from that, and Leicester's less taxing fixture list must have given them an advantage so far.
Hell yes! Even getting a place in the CL would shake things up.

While the amount of money now flowing into the game (and agents' pockets) is obscene, the new TV deal does seem to considerably have narrowed the gap between the PL's elite and the also-rans.

Isaac

Dec 10, 2015, 8:16 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #7 of 1237 (54589 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Over 50% of the teams top of the premier league after 15 games have gone on to win the title in recent years. Can Leicester win it? And if they did would it change English football for the better?

No reason why they can't win it, it's a poor standard prem at the moment and it really is wide open.

I'm not sure it would lead to any major change though, it would probably be business as usual next year once the big four get their act together.

HantsLondoner
First Team Star

Dec 10, 2015, 8:36 AM

Team(s): Hants/Middx/Sussex Non-League, Brentford, THFC, Eastleigh, SC Freiburg

Post #8 of 1237 (54578 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

1) No

2) Yes

It's good to see them doing well, but I'd be surprised if they even get a Europa League place by the end of the season.
They've continued their form from the end of last season and have taken everybody by surprise. They have a hard Dec/Jan, Vardy can't keep up his current form and someone will move for Mahrez in January. Unfortunately.

If you're going to/been to a Hampshire Premier League match, I'd really appreciate you filling in a questionnaire - available in the Groundhopping/General section, or just PM me for a copy. Thanks.

(This post was edited by HantsLondoner on Dec 10, 2015, 2:05 PM)

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 10, 2015, 9:50 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #9 of 1237 (54552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [HantsLondoner] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There are 2 groups of people up here, one that says the club can win the league then there are the realists who will take a top 6 finish. City are bound to hit a rough patch sooner or later and have some very hard games coming up.

Will they win it? NO
Can they win it? NO
Top 4 finish? YES.

sandhurstbee

Dec 10, 2015, 1:11 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #10 of 1237 (54478 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leicester can win the league. I don`t think they will but I remember waiting for Notts Forest to blow up when they won the league but they never did and by March you were thinking hang on they are still there.
Next few weeks will tell with the Xmas period and heavy pitches.

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Dec 10, 2015, 1:40 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #11 of 1237 (54459 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't see Leicester finishing in the top 6. They've had a far gentler set of fixtures than other teams so far and, while their results and performances have been impressive, their next 11 league games over a very intensive nine weeks will see them play Man City twice, Liverpool twice, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton. They might get a couple of good wins but I'll be amazed if they're still in the top 4 after that lot.

(This post was edited by paulh66 on Dec 10, 2015, 1:40 PM)

Isaac

Dec 10, 2015, 3:21 PM

Post #12 of 1237 (54412 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Leicester can win the league. I don`t think they will but I remember waiting for Notts Forest to blow up when they won the league but they never did and by March you were thinking hang on they are still there.
Next few weeks will tell with the Xmas period and heavy pitches.

It's not Notts Forest (cardinal sin!!) but yes I remember everyone waiting for Cloughie's team to blow up but it never happened and of course they went to win back to back European Cups, surely Leicester City couldn't emulate that?Shocked

acmold

Dec 10, 2015, 4:15 PM

Post #13 of 1237 (54386 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or

Funny some think it's a poor Premiership at the moment a couple of months ago we were going on about poor performances in Europe. Now the Premier League has three sides in the last 16 and Man United one goal away from making four. We bemoan about England and they go and qualify with 100% record. Some will say they were in a weak group but some big nations failed to qualify again so call weak nations. Going back to Leicester it's all down money and the longer you stay in the Premier League the more money you get. So with good signings and management most have an outside chance.

Isaac

Dec 10, 2015, 4:36 PM

Post #14 of 1237 (54373 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Funny some think it's a poor Premiership at the moment a couple of months ago we were going on about poor performances in Europe. Now the Premier League has three sides in the last 16 and Man United one goal away from making four. We bemoan about England and they go and qualify with 100% record. Some will say they were in a weak group but some big nations failed to qualify again so call weak nations. Going back to Leicester it's all down money and the longer you stay in the Premier League the more money you get. So with good signings and management most have an outside chance.

Chelsea and even more so Arsenal only just scraped through

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 10, 2015, 5:15 PM

Post #15 of 1237 (54357 views)
Shortcut

Although a very different era, Nottm forest winning the league showed it was possible a team of mostly average players can gel into a winning team with the right manager. This happens sometimes, not so much these days, when things just fall into place for one or maybe two seasons. In the 1970's there was Derby County, Nottm Forest and QPR. In the 1980's it was Aston Villa, Watford, Southampton. In the 1990's Norwich had a great season but fell away at the end.

The feeling of utter devastation when you pick up your mug and realise you already finished your tea.

thowdreds
Youth Team Star

Dec 11, 2015, 8:45 AM

Team(s): Accrington Stanley, Blackburn Rovers, BurnleyLeicester City, Halesowen Town

Post #16 of 1237 (54244 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

You might be right that they will struggle over the next few weeks but their next four fixtures are against the teams currently 3rd, 8th, 9th and 14th in the league after which they will have played every team once. Ok. That's three in the top half but hardly the worst set of fixtures you can imagine unless you're going on previous seasons form. I would imagine many clubs would fancy playing Chelsea at the moment.

broodleyhoo
Reserve Team Star

Dec 17, 2015, 1:52 PM

Team(s): Selby Town, Keighley Cougars, Alvechurch CC

Post #17 of 1237 (53985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

That's a good point, and also remember the very friendly set of fixtures they had in their "amazing" run at the end of 13/14.

Mind you, having said that, if they do get through those 11 fixtures in a half way decent way, they must have a fabulous run in, mustn't they?

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 17, 2015, 2:15 PM

Post #18 of 1237 (53971 views)
Shortcut
Re: [broodleyhoo] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Leicester have just beaten Chelsea and drawn against Man Utd so no one can say they are top because they had an easier run of fixtures so far. OK Chelsea is no big deal this season but winning breeds confidence and whoever it's against and Leicester are winning.

cope1

Dec 17, 2015, 4:46 PM

Post #19 of 1237 (53920 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a gooner I've been assuming we have no chance because, as usual, our squad is just short of the strength it needs but the further into the season we go the more the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool seem to shy away from the challenge and Man City, while they have their moments, also prove regularly that they are not invincible. Maybe I'm being a typical pessimistic fan but I don't think there's a huge jump from Arsenal being able to win it to Leicester. Arsenal have sufficient weaknesses to allow a confident Leicester team to slip past them if it comes to the crunch.

I probably wouldn't put money on Leicester but I don't honestly know who I would put it on, perhaps Man City are slight favourites in my book. But I think Leicester should be seriously considered for the top 4. Those who would deny them are doing their best to avoid doing so.

I hope Leicester do win it, almost enough to see them deny the Arse, almost...

WestBerksPalace
First Team Star

Dec 18, 2015, 4:08 PM

Team(s): Palace/Epsom and Ewell/Didcot Town and Djurgardens IF.

Post #20 of 1237 (53778 views)
Shortcut
Re: [cope1] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's all very refreshing. But IMO they lack quality to sustain it.
I think they will finish about 5th.
Palace and Watford also going well, but will probably drop a tad as well, 8th and 13th I'll say.
Man City/Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool/Leicester, are my top 5.

2019-20 - 12 games, last Kidlington v Daventry T, 17/8, goals 27, avgpg 2.25, new grounds 3. Last - Northampton ON Chenecks, 11/8.
New Grounds in 2019 - 17. 2018 - 44. 2017 -44. Grounds in Total - 1210.
RL Grounds - 33 (Last - Macron Stadium, Challenge Cup SFs (5/8/18), Speedway Tracks 50.

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Dec 19, 2015, 2:53 AM

Team(s): Grantham Town, Manchester City, Rangers, The New Saints, Knighton Town.

Post #21 of 1237 (53672 views)
Shortcut
Re: [WestBerksPalace] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or

It is good to see the Premier league looking different. Neutral fans want to see the likes of Watford, Palace and Leicester doing well. Or would you rather stick to the same top 6 or 7 teams every season.

BigJR
Reserve Team Star

Dec 19, 2015, 1:06 PM

Team(s): Chelsea, Corinthian Casuals

Post #22 of 1237 (53615 views)
Shortcut
Re: [robert1988] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
It is good to see the Premier league looking different. Neutral fans want to see the likes of Watford, Palace and Leicester doing well. Or would you rather stick to the same top 6 or 7 teams every season.

Not at all. Even as a hardened Chelsea supporter, it's nice to see the 'spoils of war' being distributed more evenly.

Isaac

Dec 19, 2015, 1:21 PM

Post #23 of 1237 (53608 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Leicester have just beaten Chelsea and drawn against Man Utd so no one can say they are top because they had an easier run of fixtures so far. OK Chelsea is no big deal this season but winning breeds confidence and whoever it's against and Leicester are winning.

I have a feeling they'll lose at Everton today but I'll probably be completely wrong and not for the first timeUnsure

Tykeoldboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Dec 19, 2015, 6:57 PM

Post #24 of 1237 (53579 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

I have a feeling they'll lose at Everton today but I'll probably be completely wrong and not for the first timeUnsure

You were right in that you were wrong Laugh

robert1988
Youth Team Star

Dec 19, 2015, 10:24 PM

Team(s): Grantham Town, Manchester City, Rangers, The New Saints, Knighton Town.

Post #25 of 1237 (53531 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Tykeoldboy] Leicester City [In reply to] Can't Post or

Didn't Manchester City shake things up a bit by winning a title in 2012 and 2014. Instead of united or Chelsea winning it most seasons?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3