Whats going wrong at Yeovil?

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

jon b
First Team Star

Apr 6, 2016, 1:50 PM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #26 of 31 (2684 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] Whats going wrong at Yeovil? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'm truly amazed. Genuinely thought he would be a disaster!

There was much mockery by Blades fans of the appointment of Carlos Carvalhal at Hillsborough. Given it was a case of "Carlos who?!" it was obviously going to end badly. We, of course, on the other hand were secure in the knowledge that we were absolutely guaranteed promotion from League One under the experienced "Positive Nigel" Adkins.

The last laugh is coming loudly from Sheffield 6.

Unitedites just want the fat lady to sing and the curtain to come down on our season.

The Moose
First Team Star

Apr 8, 2016, 10:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #27 of 31 (2504 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Whats going wrong at Yeovil? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'd keep your 'wad' firmly in your wallet IMHO.......

When Skivo replaced Sir Gary, it didn't go according to plan but twuz a cheap & cheerful option. All Fry has done is to go for the follow up, 'cheap & cheerful II the return'. To be fair Dazza, has indeed sorted the defence out so they've crept up the table to safety.

There's a whole different state of mind needed however to suddenly become promotion candidates. They still aren't averaging a goal a game themselves yet so are in need of another Paddy Madden type up front to make any further impact I'd suggest. Mind you, the grand national is tomoz & I'm not expecting any of my nags to do much so what would I know about the Glovers chances for next season!

KRTM Cool

cherryhopper
Chelsea Transfer Target

Apr 9, 2016, 12:23 AM

Team(s): AFC Bournemouth, Verwood Town, Sunderland

Post #28 of 31 (2465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Whats going wrong at Yeovil? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Darren Way's appointment and subsequent revival at Yeovil has a lot of similarities to when Eddie Howe first took the reins at Bournemouth following Jimmy Quinn's sacking. We lost our first three games with him in temporary charge but he was still given the job on a permanent basis with many fans accusing the club of going for the cheap option. The turning point for Eddie was his masterstroke in bringing Steve Fletcher back to the club which really gave the place a lift after all the doom and gloom of being in the bottom two with the 17 point deduction. We beat Wycombe 3-2 in the next game and Cherries, and Howe, never looked back after that.

Darren Way could just be another Eddie Howe in the making, it will be interesting to see how far he goes in the game, whether it's with Yeovil or, with all due respect, a bigger club.

garethwrexy
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 9, 2016, 8:54 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #29 of 31 (2418 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] Whats going wrong at Yeovil? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Dulwich hamlet beat them 4-1 in 1997 !

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 1, 2016, 4:22 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #30 of 31 (2027 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Whats going wrong at Yeovil? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I'd keep your 'wad' firmly in your wallet IMHO.......

When Skivo replaced Sir Gary, it didn't go according to plan but twuz a cheap & cheerful option. All Fry has done is to go for the follow up, 'cheap & cheerful II the return'. To be fair Dazza, has indeed sorted the defence out so they've crept up the table to safety.

There's a whole different state of mind needed however to suddenly become promotion candidates. They still aren't averaging a goal a game themselves yet so are in need of another Paddy Madden type up front to make any further impact I'd suggest. Mind you, the grand national is tomoz & I'm not expecting any of my nags to do much so what would I know about the Glovers chances for next season!

KRTM Cool

Yesterday's win for Yeovil away at Barnet, winning 4-3 after being 1-3 down with half an hour to go, was an excellent result. (Remembering that Barnet are very strong at home - despite being midtable, they have won more matches at home than anyone else in League 2 bar Cobblers and Bristol Rovers).

It was Darren Way's 25th league match as manager since taking over at Yeovil at the start of December, giving him a record of:

Won 9, drawn 10, lost 6, with 11 clean sheets.

Not bad at all, considering the state they were in before Christmas.

Good luck to The Glovers next season!

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 25, 2019, 9:02 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #31 of 31 (488 views)
Shortcut

Darren Way was sacked as Yeovil Town FC manager yesterday, following a woeful run of ten defeats in their past twelve matches, leaving them just two points above 23rd placed Macclesfield Town. Macclesfield have a match in hand, as well as some semi-decent momentum behind them in terms of recent form.

Until yesterday, Darren Way was the eleventh-longest serving manager of the ninety-two, taking charge of 189 matches. His record was:

Managed: 189. Won: 56. Drawn: 56. Lost: 77. Win ratio: 29.6%

Looking at Yeovil's remaining seven fixtures, they appear marginally easier than Macclesfield's remaining eight. Yeovil's are:

Newport County - h
Swindon Town - a
Crawley Town - h
Crewe Alex - a
Colchester Utd - h
Northampton Town - a
Carlisle Utd - h

Three of those matches are against sides just outside the play-offs, while the other four are against what you could politely describe as relaxing mid-table fodder.

Macclesfield's remaining fixtures include top-of-the-table Lincoln, two presently in the play-off places, and a couple of outside relegation candidates:

Lincol City - a
Morecambe - h
Exeter City - h
Forest Green Rovers - a
Northampton Town - a
Newport County - h
Port Vale - a
Cambridge United - h

However, I just can't help feeling that Macc's final four matches look very winnable, regardless of how difficult some of the others look.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3