Re: [nico] Tue 6th January 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
NCEL, Premier Division

Shaw Lane Aquaforce 1 {Lee Morris: 65}
Steve Istead sent-off: 68 {2nd yellow}
Gary Storher sent-off: 90 {2nd yellow}

Tadcaster Albion Cool
Tom no-Class sent-off: 48 {elbowing an opponent} Laugh Sly Laugh

Admission: 4 & 2 (bargain) / Programme: 1-50 (very poor effort)
Attendance: 365 (good atmosphere too) / Pitch: ATROCIOUS! Tongue

One of these WILL win the title. One of these MIGHT win the FA Vase.
Hope it's NOT the Brewers on both counts!

Also at this game. Haven't seen a pitch as poor as this in a long time.
Thought the referee did well under the circumstances. Didn't think the officials deserved the abuse they received from the Tadcaster supporters. Shaw Lane just about deserved their victory.

Total Grounds- 1355 (10).
Grounds this season- 35.
Latest New ground -Wibbandune Ground, Colliers Wood United.
Rugby Union grounds-7.
Latest-Twickenham.

(This post was edited by Graeme on Jan 7, 2015, 10:55 AM)

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 11:17 AM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #27 of 41 (4486 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John403] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Gotta give a word for the Witham Town fan who shouted his heart out for his club throughout the game, Supporting his club midweek for what must not be one of the easiest away trips is great commitment and I love to see it !

Probably the same Witham Town fan who travelled midweek to Bognor recently for a 5-2 defeat, sang his heart out throughout the game and got a standing ovation from some of the Bognor fans afterwards.

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 12:25 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #28 of 41 (4400 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mek] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Red Insure Cup Rd 3
Swindon Supermarine 2-0 Shortwood Utd
Att - 82 Tea 1 Adm 9 Prog (Colour glossy) 2
Balls found from behind goal - 5 (Shortwood 2, New College 2 & provenance unknown 1)
A revisit to the Webbs Wood to see the main players here take on Shortwood.
1st half - tight with few chances. Marine had the best chance with the keeper saving at his near post.
2nd half - Early on, Shortwood had a header that went over the bar. The game seemed to be heading for a 0-0 and penalties when, following a neat interchange of passes, the ball fell to Hopper to stroke the ball past the keeper. Two minutes later it was 2-0, King running through to chip the goalie. The "Supermarios" held on comfortably to progress to the next round.

Also at this, usual enjoyable experience albeit the first half hadmelooking for sharp objects. Both 'Marine goals were very good, don't know what happened to them in the second half but Shortwood, who were on top throughout the first 45, dropped out of it like a stone and only their keeper kept them in it.

Cant wait to get back to lower step football of which there is a dearth around here at the moment, paying nigh on twice as much to watch poorer entertainment doesn't work for me....

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

stingray
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 1:36 PM

Team(s): Step 4/5 local sides

Post #29 of 41 (4289 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Southern League Central
LEIGHTON TOWN 0-2 UXBRIDGE
Attendance 75 2x bacon roll and coffee 3.60

Also here (natch) to see this game finally go ahead at the 4th attempt (FA Cup, FA Trophy and Egg-Cup all intervening).

A little bird told me that most of our squad were out on the pys on NYE, explaining our lacklustre performance at Chalfont. They seemed to have sobered up a bit for this and to be fair did force Uxbridge back in their penalty area for long periods but were undone by two breakaway lobs.

Plenty of meaty challenges coming in and the sound of stud against shinpad rang out across the ground on more than one occasion but credit to the referee for not being taken in, especially by U8's "Who, surely not me ref?" approach.

Started a few seconds early, little (if any) time added on and a welcome prompt finish.

2019/20 stats

54 goals in 14 games
142.75 spent

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2015, 1:51 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford Utd, Witham T, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking, Fisher.

Post #30 of 41 (4266 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Metropolitan police 3 v Witham Town 1

Gotta give a word for the Witham Town fan who shouted his heart out for his club throughout the game, Supporting his club midweek for what must not be one of the easiest away trips is great commitment and I love to see it !

Was this you, LondonBuck? Cool

Alas no, I had my Gillingham hat on tonight. I do know James though, he brings along the flags also.
Slightly disappointing result, we seem to have gone off the boil lately with several changes to the team, some enforced due to work commitments.

645 GROUNDS - Cranleigh (61/92)
583 WETHERSPOONS - Willenhall
2 WETHERSPOONS HOTELS - Ripon

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2015, 1:55 PM

Team(s): AFC Telford Utd, Witham T, Folkestone Invicta, Gillingham, Woking, Fisher.

Post #31 of 41 (4253 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Probably the same Witham Town fan who travelled midweek to Bognor recently for a 5-2 defeat, sang his heart out throughout the game and got a standing ovation from some of the Bognor fans afterwards.

James, or Mr Witham Cool

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2015, 4:16 PM

Post #32 of 41 (4117 views)
Shortcut
Re: [John403] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

PRIESTFIELD STADIUM
GILLINGHAM 2 B***tol City 4
Johnstone's Paint Trophy Southern Final 1st Leg

A great effort from the Gills against the best side in the league. How refreshing not to have Peter Taylor's defensive tactics holding the team back.
Gave it a good go, with number one striker Cody McDonald on fire at the moment with another man of the match performance. Cool
Just need to sort the defence out!
Unlikely to be at the second leg in B...... Mad

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Jan 7, 2015, 4:38 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #33 of 41 (4089 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Tue 6th January 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
NCEL, Premier Division

Tadcaster Albion Cool

I travelled down to watch this game from West Yorks and I had high expectations, given the financial status of both teams. Unlike you, I was charged 5 admission. Not sure why but as that is what I would expect to pay, I didn't query it, despite the fact that Shaw Lane had tweeted that admission would be 4 & 2, before kick off.

The first half was decent, with both teams playing some good stuff. Shaw Lane could have lead 3-0 but were let down by some poor finishing.

Unfortunately, the second half descended in to a niggly card-fest of a game. The tone was set by the elbowing of Joe Thornton early in the second half. Claisse did raise his elbow and gave the ref little choice but Thornton milked the incident for all it was worth. Within 40 seconds of being 'pole axed' he was back on his feet! I could be wrong but I don't recall him receiving any treatment or even leaving the pitch. A Shaw Lane player patted Claisse on the back as he left the field. Hardly the reaction you'd expect from a team mate of someone who'd just been elbowed is it?

Both teams then began to try and con the officials by their over acting when being tackled. It's a shame that this kind of shenanigans has seeped down from the Premiership to this level.

I've watched NCEL football for nearly 30 years and for the majority of that time, Tadcaster were rubbing rags, confined to the lower reaches of the bottom division. After a reputed cash injection, they are now a strong contender for promotion. They wheeled out their band wagon last night, as they brought their own 'mini crowd' of about 12 blokes who never shut up singing a load of shite all thru the game! The obvious retort to their non stop chanting was 'where were you, when you were shit?'. Watching Leeds United I would suspect!

Not the classic I was hoping for but full of incident, none the less.

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2015, 4:53 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #34 of 41 (4070 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ramsgate] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
102. Tuesday 6 January 2015 - Southern Division 1 Central - Attendance: 92
Marlow (all blue) 2-2 Barton Rovers (yellow & black)

Also at this one and Barton really should have won this. However, they did seem to be lacking something up front, the three they did start with appeared too similar. The #10 did look the pick of them. Good double save from the Marlow keeper at the end to ensure they held on to a point.

bagman
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 7, 2015, 6:23 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #35 of 41 (3998 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Spartan South Midlands League Div 1

FC Broxbourne Borough (2) 4 v 1 (1) Baldock Town

Admission 2.50 OAP Programme Free Attendance 24

RussWWFC
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 6:27 PM

Team(s): Wycombe Wanderers

Post #36 of 41 (3993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] .Tue 6th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sileby Rangers 4 Harborough Town 1 (ChromaSport and Trophies United Counties League Premier Division)
Adm. 6 Prog. 1 Att. 26 h/c
Only discovered this game was on yesterday, but as it is a nice easy walk for me, I decided to miss the temptation of Everton v. West Ham and venture out into the cold.
The teams were second and third bottom of the league, although Sileby have two games in hand.
After a poor start Sileby took the lead after 15 minutes and added another two minutes later. The goal scorers were the King brothers, probably the first time I have seen two brothers score goals in such a short period of time. Sileby missed a penalty in first half stoppage time. This could have been crucial because Harborough scored within a couple of minutes of the restart. Sileby's 3rd goal comes in the comedy category. The Harborough number 3 headed past his own keeper from a couple of metres out, under absolutely no pressure! Aaron King scored a good goal to clinch the game.

I was also here, my thoughts here http://footygrounds.blogspot.co.uk/...s-fernie-fields.html

Visit my Blog - The Wycombe Wanderer
Follow me on Twitter @RussWWFC

sheffgeoff
First Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 8:11 PM

Team(s): Colchester United, Stocksbridge Park Steels, Borussia Dortmund & Essex CC

Post #37 of 41 (3848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Tue 6th January 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
NCEL, Premier Division

Tadcaster Albion Cool

I travelled down to watch this game from West Yorks and I had high expectations, given the financial status of both teams. Unlike you, I was charged 5 admission. Not sure why but as that is what I would expect to pay, I didn't query it, despite the fact that Shaw Lane had tweeted that admission would be 4 & 2, before kick off.

The first half was decent, with both teams playing some good stuff. Shaw Lane could have lead 3-0 but were let down by some poor finishing.

Unfortunately, the second half descended in to a niggly card-fest of a game. The tone was set by the elbowing of Joe Thornton early in the second half. Claisse did raise his elbow and gave the ref little choice but Thornton milked the incident for all it was worth. Within 40 seconds of being 'pole axed' he was back on his feet! I could be wrong but I don't recall him receiving any treatment or even leaving the pitch. A Shaw Lane player patted Claisse on the back as he left the field. Hardly the reaction you'd expect from a team mate of someone who'd just been elbowed is it?

Both teams then began to try and con the officials by their over acting when being tackled. It's a shame that this kind of shenanigans has seeped down from the Premiership to this level.

I've watched NCEL football for nearly 30 years and for the majority of that time, Tadcaster were rubbing rags, confined to the lower reaches of the bottom division. After a reputed cash injection, they are now a strong contender for promotion. They wheeled out their band wagon last night, as they brought their own 'mini crowd' of about 12 blokes who never shut up singing a load of shite all thru the game! The obvious retort to their non stop chanting was 'where were you, when you were shit?'. Watching Leeds United I would suspect!

Yorkie Amateur is spot on with this assessment of the evening's 'entertainment'. I went along to Shaw Lane expecting an epic NCEL encounter but left feeling cheated. The first half was was competitive with Shaw Lane the better team. Straight after the break Joe Thornton was all over Tom Claisse, grabbing and holding him. The ref failed to spot this and when Claisse shoved Thornton away the home forward did his best triple twisting, double somersault from a piked position (degree of difficulty 9.7) and the Taddy man was walking. The ref then failed to spot the 'offence' had been committed ten yards inside the Shaw Lane half and they were taking the free kick ten yards inside the Taddy half. When the indignant visitors tried to point this out he dished out a yellow card. The match then descended into farce as both teams did their best to con the ref into gaining whatever advantage they could win. 20 minutes into the half Lee Morris got onto the end of a good header across the six yard box to fire high into the roof of the net. The rest was mostly forgettable. On the evidence of the second half I hope neither side win the league or progress in the vase! Oh and although they didn't deserve the abuse they got I don't think the officials come out of the shambles with much credit either.

DavetheGlassboy
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 7, 2015, 11:31 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Warrington RLFC, Stourport HC

Post #38 of 41 (3658 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Tue 6th January 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Midlands League Premier Division League Cup First Round
Gornal Athletic 1 AFC Bridgnorth 3
Admission 5

My first Tuesday night game of 2015 was at the same venue as my last Tuesday night game of 2014! Also the first time I'd seen Bridgnorth play under their current monicker having witnessed them 36 times under their old "Town" name.

An entertaining cup tie with both sides going for it, the visitors snatched two late goals in the first half, one an excellent long range shot the other a superb solo effort to take a 2-0 half time lead. The home side pulled one back midway through the 2nd half only for the visitors to seal it 12 minutes from the end.

Last new ground (846): Vasil Levski Stadium, Sofia - Bulgaria v England 14/10/19
Last game: Stourbridge v Whitby 21/10/19
Football seen in: England, Wales, Scotland, Italy, France, Germany, Denmark, Netherlands, Spain, Austria, Croatia, Jersey, Sweden, Switzerland, Republic of Ireland, United States of America, Ukraine, Montenegro, Estonia, San Marino, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Malta, Lithuania, Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Czech Republic, Bulgaria

onion_bag
Reserve Team Star

Jan 7, 2015, 11:49 PM

Post #39 of 41 (3641 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sheffgeoff] Tue 6th January 2015 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
NCEL, Premier Division

Tadcaster Albion Cool

Yorkie Amateur is spot on with this assessment of the evening's 'entertainment'. I went along to Shaw Lane expecting an epic NCEL encounter but left feeling cheated. The first half was was competitive with Shaw Lane the better team. Straight after the break Joe Thornton was all over Tom Claisse, grabbing and holding him. The ref failed to spot this and when Claisse shoved Thornton away the home forward did his best triple twisting, double somersault from a piked position (degree of difficulty 9.7) and the Taddy man was walking. The ref then failed to spot the 'offence' had been committed ten yards inside the Shaw Lane half and they were taking the free kick ten yards inside the Taddy half. When the indignant visitors tried to point this out he dished out a yellow card. The match then descended into farce as both teams did their best to con the ref into gaining whatever advantage they could win. 20 minutes into the half Lee Morris got onto the end of a good header across the six yard box to fire high into the roof of the net. The rest was mostly forgettable. On the evidence of the second half I hope neither side win the league or progress in the vase! Oh and although they didn't deserve the abuse they got I don't think the officials come out of the shambles with much credit either.

Was also here with Gulliver & Gulliver Junior .I also agree with Geoff . It became a non event really due to all the play-acting. Must admit the SL left back O'Brien was outstanding and a class above. I believe he played 150 odd times for Bradford City , no wonder.
I just hope SL fail in their bid to 'buy' the Vase. Despite being 2/3 players down Taddy failed to impress also.

I also think if the SL players had acted correctly then the Taddy ones would of as well. Thus leading to an 'easier' evening for the poor guy in black with the whistle.

http://onion-bag.blogspot.co.uk//
http://rugbyleaguegrounds.blogspot.co.uk/

Chorley2002
First Team Star

Jan 9, 2015, 1:37 PM

Team(s): Ilford and Thorne Colliery.

Post #40 of 41 (2902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] .Tue 6th January 2015. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ryman League Division One North
Redbridge 2 Heybridge Swifts 1
Admission: 10.00 (Programme included with admission)

Not my first choice tonight, but decided to be here once my planned game at Brentwood Town (were due to host Barkingside) was called off.
Both these teams are hovering close to the relegation so victory was vital for both clubs. The visitors took the lead in the 43rd minute. In the first minute of injury tiime of the first half the hosts were level.

HALF-TIME 1-1

The hosts were slightly the better team in the second half and in the 83rd minute scored the winner. WIth chances for both sides a point apiece looked odds on.
Had the company of the Pretend Commentator (and one of his friends throughout the game) and another face I know (but can't put a name to who's attempts at humour were poor to say the least). The Commentator was on good form tonight and gladly gave a post match rundown of the game and the result pleased him seeing as Redbridge are one of the clubs he says he supports.
The programme from the original date for this game in November was used tonight, but did include an up to date insert of sorts.
A few other local hoppers were also present here.

Clips on You Tube at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap438J7M3-M

Biscuitman
Reserve Team Star

Jan 9, 2015, 10:38 PM

Team(s): Reading, Fredrikstad, Rangers. Now mostly non-league

Post #41 of 41 (2776 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chorley2002] .Tue 6th January 2015. [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

English ground # 230:
Frickley Athletic v Blyth Spartans 2-1 (0-1)
Northern Premier League Premier Division
Westfield Lane, 6 January 2015
Att: 253
Admission: 9
Programme: 1,50
Pin badge: 2
Other purchases: Cans of Strongbow 2 Pie with mushy peas and gravy 2,90

Think most has been said about this one. Frickley turned it around in the second half and scored a 95th winner. Can't remember last time a saw a pitch inspection at this level. Even a big group of teenage girls got involved Smile Have to say, the pie was the best I've had at football in ages (maybe ever) by the way! Absolutely fantastic!

Feel free to visit my blog (in norwegian mind you):
http://vikinghopper.blogg.no/

(This post was edited by Biscuitman on Jan 9, 2015, 10:58 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3