Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non Football Related: Other Sports:
Cricket - Northamptonshire's unwanted record?

noprogs
First Team Star

Sep 17, 2014, 11:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (1431 views)
Shortcut
Cricket - Northamptonshire's unwanted record? Can't Post or Reply Privately

Northants were bowled out twice in a day at Durham today.
Not only that, but their 173 runs only occupied a total of 40.2 overs for the entire pair of innings!
I'd be very surprised if two completed innings in a match have ever taken less deliveries.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 19, 2014, 6:53 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #2 of 3 (1304 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Cricket - Northamptonshire's unwanted record? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Northants were bowled out twice in a day at Durham today.
Not only that, but their 173 runs only occupied a total of 40.2 overs for the entire pair of innings!
I'd be very surprised if two completed innings in a match have ever taken less deliveries.

I haven't seen steelback mention much about them this season. Have they not been very good then?

AndyE
First Team Star

Sep 20, 2014, 10:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (1194 views)
Shortcut
Re: [noprogs] Cricket - Northamptonshire's unwanted record? [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I thought I knew of one, but no. The world record for lowest team score over two inningses is 34. That happened in a domestic match in South Africa in Dec 1959, when Natal bowled Border out for 16 and 18 - but Border's two miserable inningses lasted 23 and 26 overs.

The shortest innings in the history of first class cricket was 8.5 overs, when Warwickshire bowled Hampshire out for 15 in 1922. But Hampshire followed on, scored 521 in their second innings, and won the game!

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3