Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Midland League

First page Previous page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next page Last page  View All

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Jun 5, 2019, 6:31 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #1201 of 1212 (2860 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The travelling is going to be horrendous next season in Div 3 of this league , for what is effectively a division made up of district league standard clubs . Can't help but feel these two would be far better of in the Hellenic div 2 west . Still Bartestree won't be as out on a limb .

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2019, 7:49 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Griff

Post #1202 of 1212 (2750 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sunny Nunny] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I would not think it was that bad. Most of the clubs are from South Birmingham/Coventry and Warwickshire down to Worcester area, the M5 soon takes you there. Only WLV Sport appear to be further north. The new clubs obviously knew what they were applying for so they must have been happy enough.

Sunny Nunny
Youth Team Star

Jun 5, 2019, 8:15 PM

Team(s): Nuneaton Borough

Post #1203 of 1212 (2699 views)
Shortcut
Re: [GRIFFON] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The new clubs obviously knew what they were applying for so they must have been happy enough.

True .

Sarumio
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 5, 2019, 9:04 PM

Team(s): Salisbury

Post #1204 of 1212 (2626 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I would not think it was that bad. Most of the clubs are from South Birmingham/Coventry and Warwickshire down to Worcester area, the M5 soon takes you there. Only WLV Sport appear to be further north. The new clubs obviously knew what they were applying for so they must have been happy enough.

No one dropping out and so far three clubs have announced they are joining for next season.... I wouldn't be surprised to see WLV Sport move over the WMRL Division Two. They're in the wrong division at present!

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 5, 2019, 9:11 PM

Post #1205 of 1212 (2611 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Sarumio] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

We don't know if anyone has dropped out, well I don't. Presumably Alcester Town were promoted so that is one less.

rac
Junior Team Sub

Jun 9, 2019, 5:59 PM

Post #1206 of 1212 (2035 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Sutton United (Birmingham variety!) have confirmed via their Facebook and Twitter pages that they will return to the Midland League for 2019/20.

What they mean is that they have applied to go back. No club will know until after the Committee Meeting on June 3rd.

In Reply To

with the meeting now having taken place do we yet know the teams that will make up the midland leagues .

Gresleyprog
Junior Team Regular

Jun 9, 2019, 7:13 PM

Post #1207 of 1212 (1940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rac] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The Midland League AGM is on the 17th June when the constitution will be agreed.
The meeting on Saturday the 8th June was the presentation of awards dinner!!

GRIFFON
First Team Star

Jun 9, 2019, 7:52 PM

Post #1208 of 1212 (1892 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gresleyprog] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The one on Monday the 3rd was a committee meeting. Whether or not the composition of the leagues was discussed I know not but as you say it will all come out at the AGM on the 17th.

Gresleyprog
Junior Team Regular

Jun 9, 2019, 8:02 PM

Post #1209 of 1212 (1876 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
The one on Monday the 3rd was a committee meeting. Whether or not the composition of the leagues was discussed I know not but as you say it will all come out at the AGM on the 17th.

There is the question of Newark Flowserve's appeal. If successful the FA will have to allocate another club into the Premier Division.
Newark's appeal is apparently being heard tomorrow 9th.

siramisp
Reserve Team Sub

Jun 9, 2019, 8:58 PM

Post #1210 of 1212 (1802 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Gresleyprog] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

There is the question of Newark Flowserve's appeal. If successful the FA will have to allocate another club into the Premier Division.

And if that appeal was won and another club allocated, could the newly allocated club appeal or is that it?

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 10, 2019, 6:43 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #1211 of 1212 (1632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [siramisp] Midland League [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

And if that appeal was won and another club allocated, could the newly allocated club appeal or is that it?

If you are talking about a club that was in that league last season then I doubt they would bother being quietly happy to be back!

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 10, 2019, 8:08 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #1212 of 1212 (1558 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
We don't know if anyone has dropped out, well I don't. Presumably Alcester Town were promoted so that is one less.

No club down from Division 2? I suppose it could only be Earlswood anyway as far as the natural drop goes as Bolehall are staying in D2

First page Previous page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3