Site Downtime 24 April......

steve walker
Administrator

Apr 20, 2014, 10:10 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 3 (4106 views)
Shortcut
Site Downtime 24 April...... Can't Post or Reply Privately

The hosting company say there will be some site downtime on 24 April as they are relocating to a new Data Centre.

I don't know what this involves but I don't imagine they are physically putting the server into a truck and driving it to a new location so the downtime whenever it happens should not last too long.

Just so you know it was pre-planned if the site is unavailable and I haven't just not paid the bill Cool

AndyE
First Team Star

Apr 22, 2014, 11:22 PM

Team(s): Chatham Town

Post #2 of 3 (4006 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Site Downtime 24 April...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

When Flickr was acquired by Yahoo in 2005, they actually did put the servers into trucks and drive them from Vancouver to California. What's more, they kept the site up even while the servers were on the Interstate!

steve walker
Administrator

Apr 25, 2014, 5:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (3889 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Site Downtime 24 April...... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

All completed in the early hours of this morning. The site was only down for around 10 minutes. I'm finding it noticeably faster thanks to, and I quote, "several upgrades on the backend to help with performance + reliability".

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3