Forum Signatures.....

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 24, 2014, 5:48 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 5 (6737 views)
Shortcut
Forum Signatures..... Can't Post or Reply Privately

..... some of them are getting really long again.

It's not as petty as it seems.... when people are scrolling though a thread they don't want to have to scroll through signatures that are four or five times longer than the post itself.

Signatures should be four or five lines maximum, there is no need for any more. If a signature contains a link to a website / blog or whatever then that website / blog should have a prominent link back to www.nonleaguematters.co.uk Thanks to those that adhere to these common sense guidelines and there will shortly be a signature ban policy of those who do not. Mad

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Mar 24, 2014, 5:53 PM

Post #2 of 5 (6735 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Forum Signatures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Is there a way you as Global Administrator can limit the number of letters used?
for example 180 letters or 4 lines or whatever number you think relevant. A bit like what twitter does. This may not be liked by the people with the long signatures but,

Just an idea.Sly

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Mar 24, 2014, 5:56 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 24, 2014, 5:59 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 5 (6730 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] Forum Signatures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm afraid not.... that would be too easy.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 25, 2014, 9:25 PM

Post #4 of 5 (6655 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Forum Signatures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought signatures could be turned off for those who don't want to see them?

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 25, 2014, 9:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 5 (6649 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Forum Signatures..... [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Some of the signatures are quite interesting. I don't see why anyone should have to turn them ALL off just to avoid the ones that are half a page long.

Secondly there are a lot of guest users reading the forum, they can't turn them off.

Thirdly all the extra scrolling is a bit of a pain especially for mobile phone users who have limited space to view with.

Don't worry, nobody is going to get all arsey about this, it's just a plea for a bit of common sense. Some of the signatures take up half the screen on my laptop which is totally unnecessary.

Cheers

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3