Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Unable to access results/tables

SimonG
Reserve Team Sub

Feb 24, 2014, 7:17 PM

Post #1 of 3 (4473 views)
Shortcut
Unable to access results/tables Can't Post or Reply Privately

For some days I have been unable to use this feature for a number of leagues including the one I edit!
The page loads okay, but then a vertical bar appears towards the right hand side and the whole thing freezes, at that stage the only option is to quit the internet.
I guess this is a problem with my computer as no one else has reported it here. Any ideas?

steve walker
Administrator

Feb 25, 2014, 6:21 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (4428 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SimonG] Unable to access results/tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's some sort of browser issue that seems specific to Internet Explorer as far as I can tell. Usually when they release an update it fixes some problems and causes others, it's a never ending cycle with IE. I did experience the same thing for a few days then it disappeared so I'm none the wiser as to what caused it.

Firefox seems to work fine.

steve walker
Administrator

Mar 21, 2014, 4:12 PM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 3 (4095 views)
Shortcut
Re: [SimonG] Unable to access results/tables [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've tracked this down now to an issue with the maps. The new IE doesn't appear to like the way that the maps are embedded into the site using an iframe. They will probably get around to fixing it, I don't know when. It only seems to affect Internet Explorer, it all works fine with Chrome and Firefox.

I'm going to have to remove all the maps and replace them. I've experimented with a different map maker for the Conference and Conference North and those two display without issue. It will take a little time to replace the rest.

Steve

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3