aston villa managers

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Isaac
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 5, 2014, 3:43 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #51 of 71 (4205 views)
Shortcut
Re: [youngster] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Exactly and when was the last time a top flight club lost by five goals to a lower league club? Newcastle losing 1-5 at home to Birmingham a few years back is the nearest I can think of.

Take nothing away from Forest but that was a farce today, with better finishing it could have been double figures

villahopper
First Team Star

Jan 5, 2014, 5:53 PM

Team(s): Aston Villa Bromsgrove Sporting New York Jets

Post #52 of 71 (4177 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I wonder how many of the people frothing have listened to the whole interview and not just read the sensational headlines.

And I am a Villa fan. And no i'm not furious

So who were those people who were booing at the end of the game? Furious fans ??

Furious fans yes. But not furious about something taken out of context and overblown.
Furious about our mumbling stumbling manager who is seemingly incapable of motivating and organising a side to beat a struggling 3rd Division team.
Furious about another woeful home "performance"
Furious about our club seemingly heading headfirst down the toilet.

Hope that helps

villahopper
First Team Star

Jan 5, 2014, 5:55 PM

Post #53 of 71 (4176 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I quite like West Ham but I was quite pleased that they and Villa got put out by lower Division teams with their attitude.

There was nothing wrong with my clubs attitude. We played more or less our strongest team available. Unlike other clubs whose managers play lip service to the FA Cup and then make upwards of 6, 7, 8 changes

Henfield Bee
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 5, 2014, 5:58 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #54 of 71 (4172 views)
Shortcut
Re: [villahopper] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

are villa the first european cup winners to lose at home to a tier 3 team in the fa cup?

nb: i will only post re new grounds when BurgessHill Bee doesn't..(since he's far better informed than I)

KnowYourMarket

Jan 5, 2014, 7:01 PM

Team(s): WBA, FC Saarbruecken, Brierley Hill Alliance (RIP)

Post #55 of 71 (4152 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Henfield Bee] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Nottingham Forest lost at home to Oldham only last season.

In fairness to Lambert, Villa played quite a strong side yesterday. The problem is that most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League aren't very good and are ripe for an upset. Considering how much money is chucked at these sides in salaries etc it's amazing how poor they are.

Last ground visited(update requested by Spud): Wellington . New grounds 18/19: 38

(This post was edited by KnowYourMarket on Jan 5, 2014, 7:06 PM)

paulh66
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 5, 2014, 7:15 PM

Team(s): Tranmere Rovers, South Liverpool (the South will rise again), Cammell Laird

Post #56 of 71 (4136 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Henfield Bee] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
are villa the first european cup winners to lose at home to a tier 3 team in the fa cup?

A couple more....

92/3 Liverpool 0-2 Bolton in a third round replay
98/9 Villa 0-2 Fulham in the fourth round

villahopper
First Team Star

Jan 5, 2014, 7:38 PM

Post #57 of 71 (4121 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

Well since Lambert has been manager we have gone out of cups to teams from all 4 divisions. Maybe next season we can get knocked out by a Conference team

buncranaboy

Jan 5, 2014, 8:03 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #58 of 71 (4103 views)
Shortcut
Re: [KnowYourMarket] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Nottingham Forest lost at home to Oldham only last season.

In fairness to Lambert, Villa played quite a strong side yesterday. The problem is that most teams in the bottom half of the Premier League aren't very good and are ripe for an upset. Considering how much money is chucked at these sides in salaries etc it's amazing how poor they are.

Villa may well be poor but it's highly unlikely they will be in the bottom three, which shows how bad some of these elite league clubs really are.
The salaries paid to some of these inept performers is indeed quite staggering but the only way the clubs in question choose to deal with it is to hire even more highly-paid replacements who are not guaranteed to be any better. But as long as you finish seventeenth or better, who cares - it's all paid for anyway! The whole thing is a house of cards that will one day come crashing down. Until then of course, it is the Best League in The World.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Jan 6, 2014, 5:45 AM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #59 of 71 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Villa may well be poor but it's highly unlikely they will be in the bottom three, which shows how bad some of these elite league clubs really are.
The salaries paid to some of these inept performers is indeed quite staggering but the only way the clubs in question choose to deal with it is to hire even more highly-paid replacements who are not guaranteed to be any better. But as long as you finish seventeenth or better, who cares - it's all paid for anyway! The whole thing is a house of cards that will one day come crashing down. Until then of course, it is the Best League in The World.

I am becoming more and more convinced season by season, that the top-10 Premiership teams should be carved-off and sent into a sort of 'Super-League' (horrible name); still getting their 'fair cut' of the TV money; but that that money should be spread further to the remainder Premier teams plus a dozen Championship sides, then making-up a 22-team ''ordinary' Premiership.

The Championship would take ten League 1 sides to get to 22-strong and the ten promotions would filter down the system, keeping the next three divisions at 24 teams each and reverting all step2-4 divisions back to 22 teams each - more than enough!

The second-tier Premiership would have two promotion places to the Super League, everything else promotion & relegation wise preserved as-is, excepting increasing Conference National to four promotion spots, like League 2.

TV would then have a much greater pool of 'two tier Premier' matches to choose from, four fixtures for each match-up in the Premier-SL, plus all the ordinary Premier games in a much less predictable division and with an extra set of promotion/relegation 6-pointers to boot.

What's not to like?

Professional cretin.

Isaac

Jan 6, 2014, 10:07 AM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #60 of 71 (4032 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm sure there will be at least three worse teams than Villa come the end of the season.

As for the quality of the Prem, the West Ham v Fulham game I attended in November has to go down as one of the worst games I've ever seen, how people pay top dollar to watch that sort of dross every week is beyond me.

Henfield Bee
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 6, 2014, 10:43 AM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #61 of 71 (4023 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

given the tv money now going to the PL they could let all spectators in for a nominal amount...the only downside is that teams in all lower leagues who are dependent upon gate income would find that they are charging more by necessity.. think the whole model is broke...

nb: i will only post re new grounds when BurgessHill Bee doesn't..(since he's far better informed than I)

(This post was edited by Henfield Bee on Jan 6, 2014, 10:44 AM)

ladderman

Jan 6, 2014, 1:29 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #62 of 71 (3980 views)
Shortcut

That's sort of happening in the FA Cup now. Premier League clubs doing tickets at the kind of prices you pay to watch Conference South. As half of the gate money goes to the away side it's not being nearly as generous as they pretend.
I think clubs in easy reach of Stratford are going to suffer when move there. They're going to have offer some decent deals to get bums of seats for the less attractive opposition. That's assuming they're still in the PL, it's got disaster written all over it if they're not.

jrev61

Jan 6, 2014, 9:04 PM

Team(s): None

Post #63 of 71 (3940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [paulh66] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Manchester United 0 Leeds United 1 2006-7?

A couple more....

92/3 Liverpool 0-2 Bolton in a third round replay
98/9 Villa 0-2 Fulham in the fourth round

jrev61

sandhurstbee

Jan 9, 2014, 1:22 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #64 of 71 (3848 views)
Shortcut
Re: [jrev61] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Big Sam sacrificed the FA Cup to put out a strong team at Manchester City in the League Cup..Hmmmm......Shocked

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

buncranaboy

Aug 15, 2017, 11:31 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #65 of 71 (2720 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's started big time on "Heroes & Villains" with a huge clamour for Bruce Out.........to be replaced by Big Sam.
Could be worse - John Terry as player-manager ? Wink

garethwrexy

Aug 18, 2017, 9:47 PM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #66 of 71 (2464 views)
Shortcut

Yes nothing could be worse

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

dottirofhod

Aug 18, 2017, 10:04 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #67 of 71 (2461 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes it could.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 69 / 59 / 10 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 19 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

007Dale
First Team Star

Aug 19, 2017, 6:29 AM

Post #68 of 71 (2403 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
It's started big time on "Heroes & Villains" with a huge clamour for Bruce Out.........to be replaced by Big Sam.
Could be worse - John Terry as player-manager ? Wink

Now bottom, after Burton's win last night.

derekn
First Team Star

Aug 19, 2017, 9:39 AM

Team(s): Taunton Town

Post #69 of 71 (2353 views)
Shortcut
Re: [007Dale] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

...and Cardiff are top. Who expects them to stay there? We've only had 3 games, the table means nothing at this stage.

kirby knitters

Aug 19, 2017, 9:45 AM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #70 of 71 (2351 views)
Shortcut
Re: [derekn] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

The tables mean an awful lot to the fans of clubs holding them up no matter what stage of the season we are at.

jon b
First Team Star

Aug 19, 2017, 10:41 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #71 of 71 (2330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] aston villa managers [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Last season the Blades lost 1-2 to Millwall on 20 August 2016. That made it one point from their first four league matches and bottom spot in League One.

There were supporters on fans' forums demanding the removal of new manager Chris Wilder, as he obviously was out of his depth.

An extra 99 points and title win later those posts didn't look too clever.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3