Missing Edit / Delete options

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Nov 6, 2013, 7:23 PM

Post #1 of 10 (6040 views)
Shortcut
Missing Edit / Delete options Can't Post or Reply Privately

Where are you going - where did you go? RUGBY UNION

I don't seem to be getting the Edit / Delete options when logged in and looking at my posts on this particular thread. I think it's the only thread where I've got this problem ..... is it possible for something to be tweaked at the Admin end?

Many thanks, guys!

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 6, 2013, 7:36 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 10 (6034 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ostrich] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

There is a time out for editing and deleting posts that applies across virtually all sections. It's so that people don't go back days later and edit a post which would make the replies already posted to it meaningless.

There are a few exceptions such as the Library so that posts can be updated with additional information

Cheers

Ostrich
First Team Sub

Nov 6, 2013, 7:49 PM

Post #3 of 10 (6028 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ah, I hadn't realised that !

Many thanks, Steve.

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2013, 5:16 PM

Post #4 of 10 (5973 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
There is a time out for editing and deleting posts that applies across virtually all sections. It's so that people don't go back days later and edit a post which would make the replies already posted to it meaningless.

There are a few exceptions such as the Library so that posts can be updated with additional information

Cheers --------------- Steve, I have a problem but to show it, I needed to reply to a quote. I am not able to reply under or above the quote line. Any ideas please? Even when I edit it I can still not reply to quotes correctly. Thanks, Mark.

I would laugh my head off if AFCW went down along with ColUwe and We**ham.

(This post was edited by MarkInGorleston on Nov 7, 2013, 5:17 PM)

steve walker
Administrator

Nov 7, 2013, 5:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 10 (5965 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

See this thread:

http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/...orum.cgi?post=523234

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Nov 7, 2013, 5:45 PM

Post #6 of 10 (5961 views)
Shortcut

Thanks I will give it a read.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 7, 2013, 11:47 PM

Post #7 of 10 (5936 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MarkInGorleston] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Cheers --------------- Steve, I have a problem but to show it, I needed to reply to a quote. I am not able to reply under or above the quote line. Any ideas please? Even when I edit it I can still not reply to quotes correctly. Thanks, Mark.

Click "Quote"
Click "Switch to basic editor"
Place your cursor below the text and hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard
Click "Switch to advanced editor"

and away you go.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2013, 7:27 AM

Post #8 of 10 (5924 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Click "Quote"
Click "Switch to basic editor"
Place your cursor below the text and hit the "Enter" key on your keyboard
Click "Switch to advanced editor"

and away you go.

The basic editor worked. You star. Never knew that button existed or understood it. Thank you very much.

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 8, 2013, 5:22 PM

Post #9 of 10 (5887 views)
Shortcut

You're welcome. Happy to help.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

MarkInGorleston
First Team Star

Nov 8, 2013, 7:13 PM

Post #10 of 10 (5876 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Missing Edit / Delete options [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Appreciate the step by step guide. Very helpful for those of us who are not as clued up on IT speak. Thanks.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3