Advanced/Basic Editors

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 5, 2013, 5:03 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #1 of 5 (5920 views)
Shortcut
Advanced/Basic Editors Can't Post or Reply Privately

Why is it that I'm unable to get a flashing cursor when I open a post in AE, requiring first to drop into BE, write a single character and then return to AE to be able to write further, comfortably?

Is there a cure for this nnoyance?

Professional cretin.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 5, 2013, 6:26 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 5 (5909 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Advanced/Basic Editors [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Why is it that I'm unable to get a flashing cursor when I open a post in AE, requiring first to drop into BE, write a single character and then return to AE to be able to write further, comfortably?

Is there a cure for this nnoyance?

I just click anywhere inside the AE panel and the flashing cursor appears.

I did have a similar problem with Internet Explorer 10 for a while where it not was not only the cursor problem but it reduced the font size displayed aswell for some reason. The latest version of IE seems to have fixed that and it's back to normal now thank goodness.

It isn't a forum issue as nothing has changed so I would suggest you check that you are running the latest browser version or wait until it updates automatically.

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 5, 2013, 7:35 PM

Post #3 of 5 (5897 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Advanced/Basic Editors [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Sorry, realised I missed out a detail. It only occurs in 'Quote' posts. Blush

I run Firefox mostly, but also Chrome and both on auto-update.

I've actually experienced this since I started posting here. I just couldn't ever get a cursor, it just opened the 'object box' for the bottom-line of any copied post. The site treats me as if all I want to do is edit that object. lol
The other solution I sometimes employ, is to actually edit that bottom line out, then drawing a replacement from the menu - but that still irritates.

Been like it ever since.

Professional cretin.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 6, 2013, 11:02 AM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 5 (5859 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] Advanced/Basic Editors [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Sorry, realised I missed out a detail. It only occurs in 'Quote' posts. Blush

I run Firefox mostly, but also Chrome and both on auto-update.

I've actually experienced this since I started posting here. I just couldn't ever get a cursor, it just opened the 'object box' for the bottom-line of any copied post. The site treats me as if all I want to do is edit that object. lol
The other solution I sometimes employ, is to actually edit that bottom line out, then drawing a replacement from the menu - but that still irritates.

Been like it ever since.

Yes I checked this using Firefox and it's the exact same problem that I had with Internet Explorer before it updated itself. So I guess it's a choice between waiting for Firefox to update with the fix for whatever the problem is in the browser code or use the latest version of IE which works correctly

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 6, 2013, 11:09 AM

Post #5 of 5 (5857 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Advanced/Basic Editors [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oh. OK. Tx Steve. Unimpressed

Professional cretin.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3