Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Southport & District League 2013-14

zebedee
First Team Star

Jul 7, 2013, 8:16 PM

Team(s): Southport

Post #1 of 2 (1064 views)
Shortcut
Southport & District League 2013-14 Can't Post or Reply Privately

I know everyones been waiting for this one Angelic

The constitution doesn't appear to be final yet but a list of clubs and grounds has been placed on the league website. The blurb says that the Saturday section will be made up of nine open age teams, possibly to be supplemented by three youth teams. However the list of teams currently only names eight adult teams.

Devonshire, FC Chivas, Formby Dons, Jubilee and St Pauls are all retained from last season. Newcomers are Crosby Harbour, Diamonds and Railway, although the latter may just be a change of sponsor for Trojan Security as both play/ played at Carr Lane. FC de Corona, Sandy Lane, Trojan Security (if not now Railway), Poulton Wanderers and Banks have left the league.

zebedee
First Team Star

Jul 18, 2013, 9:42 AM

Team(s): Southport

Post #2 of 2 (919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [zebedee] Southport & District League 2013-14 [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

A league table has now appeared on the league website showing ten teams in the Saturday division. Sandy Lane are continuing from last season and the secretary for Railway is the same person who did the job for Trojan Security last season so I am fairly sure that is just a change of name. The tenth team is one from AFC Liverpool which I presume will be a youth team of some sort going off the previous blurb. No idea what age or where they'll be playing.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3