Home: Archive: Other British Isles Football:
Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Jun 24, 2013, 1:59 PM

Team(s): Pollok, Man City, Schalke04

Post #1 of 18 (9566 views)
Shortcut
Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results Can't Post or Reply Privately

Champions League Q2
Sligo Rovers (IRL) v Molde FK (NOR)
The New Saints (WAL) v Legia Warsaw (POL)
Celtic (SCO) v Cliftonville (NIR)

Europa League Q1
VMFD Žalgiris (LTU) v Saint Patrick's Athletic (IRL)
AUK Broughton (WAL) v FK Ventspils (LVA)
KR (ISL) v Glentoran (NIR)
Drogheda United (IRL) v Malmö FF (SWE)
ÍF Fuglafjørdur (FRO) v Linfield (NIR)
Prestatyn Town (WAL) v Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA)
Crusaders (NIR) v Rosenborg BK (NOR)
Bala Town (WAL) v Levadia Tallin (EST)

Awa' and bile yer heid, ya Sassenach!

(This post was edited by ArchieB on Jul 4, 2013, 11:38 PM)

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Jun 24, 2013, 3:40 PM

Post #2 of 18 (9552 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Europa League Q2
Xanthi FC (GRE) v ÍF Fuglafjørdur (FRO) / Linfield (NIR)
AUK Broughton (WAL) / FK Ventspils (LVA) v AS Jeunesse Esch (LUX) / TPS Turku (FIN)
CS Pandurii Târgu Jiu (ROU) v Bala Town (WAL) / FC Levadia Tallinn (EST)
Drogheda United (IRL) / Malmö FF (SWE) v Hibernian (SCO)
HNK Rijeka (CRO) v Prestatyn Town (WAL) / SK Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA)
VMFD Žalgiris (LTU) / Saint Patrick's Athletic (IRL) v FK Teteks (MKD) / FC Pyunik (ARM)
KR (ISL) / Glentoran (NIR) v Standard Liège (BEL)
Crusaders (NIR) / Rosenborg BK (NOR) v Saint Johnstone (SCO)
Trabzonspor (TUR) v Derry City (IRL)

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jun 24, 2013, 5:07 PM

Team(s): Hibernian, Bolton Wanderers, Atherton Collieries & Leigh Centurions RL

Post #3 of 18 (9532 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Europa League Q2
Drogheda United (IRL) / Malmö FF (SWE) v Hibernian (SCO)

Was hoping to get a 'confirmed' draw so that everything could be sorted more quickly, but other than that exactly the kind of draw I was hoping for! Can get return flights to Copenhagen for £100 at the minute and then 20 minutes on the train to Malmo Central. Not risked booking anything yet but may do so once the home/away legs are confirmed and assume that Malmo will be the opposition.

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 24, 2013, 10:32 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #4 of 18 (9487 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I wouldn't stake my money on Malmo being certain to beat Hibernian, unless it's Hibernians of Malta we are talking about!

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jun 25, 2013, 12:26 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 18 (9465 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I wouldn't stake my money on Malmo being certain to beat Hibernian, unless it's Hibernians of Malta we are talking about!

He's expecting Malmo to beat Drogheda and thus play Hibs. Should happen, I'd have thought.

Chris1963

Jun 25, 2013, 12:39 AM

Post #6 of 18 (9458 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yes, silly of me not reading it properly, but I still would not book air tickets in advance on the basis that Malmo are certain to beat Drogheda. The latter could force a couple of 0-0's and then win on penalties. At the very least, I would wait and see the result of the first leg.

(This post was edited by Chris1963 on Jun 25, 2013, 12:40 AM)

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jun 25, 2013, 11:55 AM

Post #7 of 18 (9421 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Yes, silly of me not reading it properly, but I still would not book air tickets in advance on the basis that Malmo are certain to beat Drogheda. The latter could force a couple of 0-0's and then win on penalties. At the very least, I would wait and see the result of the first leg.

Yes I think the plan is probably to see what happens in the first leg and then we should have a decent indication.

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Jun 25, 2013, 12:26 PM

Post #8 of 18 (9415 views)
Shortcut

Europa League Q1
Bala Town (WAL) v Levadia Tallin (EST)
1st leg to be played at Belle Vue Stadium, Rhyl on Tuesday 2nd July k.o. 7.00pm

AUK Broughton (WAL) v FK Ventspils (LVA)
1st leg to be played at the Racecourse, Wrexham on Thursday 4th July k.o. 7.00pm

Prestatyn Town (WAL) v Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA)
1st leg to be played at Belle Vue Stadium, Rhyl on Thursday 4th July k.o. 7.00pm

Section E Loyal
Ballboy/girl

Jun 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

Post #9 of 18 (9327 views)
Shortcut

Looking forward to Linfield game here in Belfast. We couldn't score in open play against Torshavn last year, easily the worst team we've faced in Europe.

kirby knitters

Jun 27, 2013, 1:00 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #10 of 18 (9317 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Section E Loyal] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Looking forward to Linfield game here in Belfast. We couldn't score in open play against Torshavn last year, easily the worst team we've faced in Europe.

And the best of luck.Great to have a Linfield fan onboardSmile

Leyther_Matt
First Team Star

Jun 27, 2013, 1:04 PM

Post #11 of 18 (9314 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Leyther_Matt] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes I think the plan is probably to see what happens in the first leg and then we should have a decent indication.

And of course I've got trigger happy and taken the risk (although I'm by far not the only one judging by the Hibs forums!) and booked for Malmö. £129 return flights with EasyJet (Manchester to Copenhagen), 4* Park Inn Radisson in Malmö for £69.50 each for two nights (two sharing).

Chris1963

Jun 27, 2013, 1:24 PM

Post #12 of 18 (9308 views)
Shortcut

£129 is a lot more expensive than I would have expected. If anyone wants to go there from the south-east then I recommend using Malmo (Skurup) airport with Ryanair, much cheaper even if the airport is in the middle of nowhere.

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Jul 4, 2013, 11:43 PM

Post #13 of 18 (9098 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Europa League Q1 First Leg Results
VMFD Žalgiris (LTU) 2 Saint Patrick's Athletic (IRL) 2
AUK Broughton (WAL) 1 FK Ventspils (LVA) 1
KR (ISL) 0 Glentoran (NIR) 0
Drogheda United (IRL) 0 Malmö FF (SWE) 0
ÍF Fuglafjørdur (FRO) 0 Linfield (NIR) 2
Prestatyn Town (WAL) 1 Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA) 2
Crusaders (NIR) 1 Rosenborg BK (NOR) 2
Bala Town (WAL) 1 Levadia Tallin (EST) 0

Section E Loyal
Ballboy/girl

Jul 5, 2013, 1:05 PM

Post #14 of 18 (9069 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ArchieB] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I thought they were all decent results for the Irish sides. Only the Crues got beaten but you would expect that against a good Rosenborg side. Linfield I'd say are through (hopefully!) and the Glens now have a chance. All St Pat's need is a nil nil in Dublin and they're sorted. Drogheda on the other hand probably have the toughest game next week.

Section E Loyal
Ballboy/girl

Jul 11, 2013, 12:38 PM

Post #15 of 18 (8233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Section E Loyal] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Good result for Linfield in Europe last night, 3-0 home win (5-0 agg) against albeit a team from the Faroes, but potential banana skin tie. 2,500 turned out for it last night which was more than we normally get for a European tie so good to see.

Images from last night.. http://linfieldfc.com/...stnews.asp?nid=10112

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 11, 2013, 8:26 PM

Post #16 of 18 (8203 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Section E Loyal] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Congratulations to Prestatyn Town winning on penalties 4-3 scoring all 4. Hard luck Airbus and Bala Town.

Considering this was their first time in Europe and against teams in the middle of the season they have all done brilliantly.

Prestatyn will now be in the 3rd round draw next week and could be in a position to play English club Swansea.

Tim Johnson

kirby knitters

Jul 11, 2013, 10:07 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #17 of 18 (8185 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Excellent result for Prestatyn,i posted after watching them win the Welsh cup that their fans were singing about going on a European tour and was mocked by a poster!!Good on em..

ArchieB
First Team Sub

Jul 12, 2013, 1:00 AM

Post #18 of 18 (8167 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] Champions League & Europa League 2013-14 Qualifying Round Draw & Results [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Europa League Q1 2nd leg Results
Saint Patrick's Athletic (IRL) 1 VMFD Žalgiris (LTU) 2 (3-4 agg)
FK Ventspils (LVA) 0 AUK Broughton (WAL) 0 (1-1 agg, Ventspils win on away goals)
Glentoran (NIR) 0 KR (ISL) 3 (0-3 agg)
Malmö FF (SWE) 2 Drogheda United (IRL) 0 (2-0 agg)
Linfield (NIR) 3 ÍF Fuglafjørdur (FRO) 0 (5-0 agg)
Liepajas Metalurgs (LVA) 1 Prestatyn Town (WAL) 2 (3-3 agg, 3-4 pens)
Rosenborg BK (NOR) 7 Crusaders (NIR) 2 (9-3 agg)
Levadia Tallin (EST) 3 Bala Town (WAL) 1 (3-2 agg)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3