Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Debugging

IAN S
First Team Star

Jun 9, 2013, 6:09 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #1 of 3 (3362 views)
Shortcut
Debugging Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've had problems for ages with message coming up saying "error" please enable debugging in setup. I've done this eventually but site seems a lot slower now.

Never get this message from any other website so is it because the software is old?

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

steve walker
Administrator

Jun 9, 2013, 7:31 PM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 3 (3346 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Debugging [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just hit refresh and the page will load nine times out of ten. It does seem to be more common, I will get the hosts (who also wrote the software) to take a look at it when they are finished with the main site.

'Enable debugging' is a software side instruction which tells you what exactly is going wrong by writing a very extensive log for every call on the software. I'm not sure how you would do that as a site user but if you did I would suggest you don't as yes it would quite likely slow everything down.

Richard Rundle
Man City Transfer Target!

Jun 9, 2013, 9:41 PM

Post #3 of 3 (3326 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Debugging [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As a user you can easily do it in Firefox via the "Web Developer" sub-menu. Can't think of WHY you would want to though, as you say it would slow things down quite significantly

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3