Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Wednesday 8th May

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

A.G.Ricer
Reserve Team Regular

May 8, 2013, 5:59 PM

Post #1 of 51 (3914 views)
Shortcut
Wednesday 8th May Can't Post or Reply Privately

Marzan 2 Larmor Plage 1
Coupe de Bretagne
Admission 5 Euro
Att : 165 (H/C)

A national holiday in France and a rare opportunity for a midweek non league game and with a 3:00pm kick off
The ground in Marzan is in Rue de la Gare where there is no railway station. In Rue du Stade there is no football ground. The ground is just off the centre of the village with a steep covered terrace on one side with covered balconies on each end of it giving an excellent view of the pitch
Marzan are in the fourth level of Brittany football. The visitors two leagues higher but if they thought they were in for an easy afternoon they were shocked 10 minutes in when Marzan rattled their crossbar with a superb 25 yard free kick. Larmor Plage then took the game to Marzan and hit the post. Fierce end to end stuff followed with many scoring chances for both sides but surprisingly it was goalless at the break
The second half was played in continuous rain. Marzan immediately struck the woodwork again but after 55 minutes Larmor Plage scored from a penalty after a forward was clearly upended. Marzan would not lie down and within twelve minutes were in front. First from a free kick which was headed on over the keeper and then when their number 9 broke free, rounded the keeper and rolled the ball home. Marzan then struck the woodwork for a third time before the visitors laid siege to the home goal. Marzan's keeper made three outstanding saves and any number of shots were blocked or skimmed the posts. Larmor Plage were still on the attack when the final whistle blew. Cue huge Marzan celebrations and they move into the quarter final after an afternoon of highly entertaining football

leohoenig
Administrator

May 8, 2013, 7:53 PM

Team(s): Cheltenham Town

Post #2 of 51 (3885 views)
Shortcut
Re: [A.G.Ricer] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

And I thought this would be the first postBlush

Danish First Division
FC Fredericia 5-3 Hobro IK
Admission 80Kr, Programme Free, Attendance 554
Bratwurst 80Kr, Coffee 15Kr

Simple two train journey (totalling seven hours) from Essen to Fredericia. The ground is just a 15 minute walk from the Station and you can see the four tall floodlight pylons from the station. The ground was built less than ten years ago, but it would not surprise me if its predecessor was at the same location. It now goes by the name of Monjasa Park, and the adverts for the company before the game, and at half time are in English.
Almost all of the crowd are located in a single stand that runs the entire length of the pitch. Approximately 1400 covered seats in 8 rows, with the walkway at the back. The hospitality zone is behind this, but those enjoying this need to get outside to get a view of the pitch. For the rest of us, it is Bratwurst, quite pricy at 40 Kr (around £4.50), and coffee at 15 Kr. Beer is available as well. 80Kr to enter with a A4 size programme free. The areas to the end of the stand are stepped and could be used as terracing, but this is steep and without any barriers, so numbers must be limited. The rest of the ground is surrounded by a steep grass bank – too much to stand on, with a pathway at pitch level from which half a dozen souls decided to watch, at least once it stopped raining. There are two steps of concrete terracing opposite the main stand for a length of about 40 yards.
It had been wet earlier in the day and there was also a heavy shower around kick off. The pitch looked good though, even though it was a slippery surface, and a couple of the home defenders delighted in the freedom to make long sliding attempts to get the ball generally when their success of failure had little effect on the game.
It seemed to me that the visitors, Hobro had the better of early exchanges, but then Fredericia took advantage of a goalkeeping error and Christiansen slid in a goal on 17 minutes. They doubled this on 34 when Jakobsen was allowed to run unchallenged. Just before the break, Fredericia lost Mads Greve to a second yellow card. This allowed Hobro to reassert control as the second half started, with Justesen scoring on 57 and 63 minutes, the first when the home side struggled to clear efforts from the visiting number 99, Kebe, and the second a simple far post tap in following a cross from Fisker. Kebe then benefitted from a keeper’s error, an apparently simple save following a long shot by Thomsen, but it slipped out of the keepers hands into a perfect position for the Senegalese forward to score.
Fredericia were still trying (and succeeding) in creating chances at the other end, it was just that Hobro were creating more. But just as I thought the game was swinging one way, it went the other – a break down the left and a cut back cross allowed Hagelskjaer to level at 3-3, and then Jakobsen having provided the cross for the equaliser breaks down the other side and scores to put Fredericia ahead. There were chances in both directions in the last ten minutes, but the tide had turned back in the home side’s favour and just before the whistle, Jakobsen finished the scoring, and completed his hat-trick with a fine solo goal.

Fat AND Pompous.
The proof that you can have too much of a good thing
Now blogging at http://www.leohoenig.com

Chapeltom
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 8, 2013, 8:11 PM

Team(s): Sheffield Wednesday (ENG), Uni Lions (Taiwan baseball)

Post #3 of 51 (3874 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or

Lancashire and Cheshire League Premier Division
Old Stretfordians 0-7 Rochdalians

Att: 7 h/c
No adm/prog

A very chilly evening in Flixton for this clash between bottom place Old Stretfordians and Rochdalians who were 6th from 14. There were a few but light, short showers and an almost constant wind which made watching this uncomfortable. I wish I'd worn more than a light jacket as I did. The ground was Flixton Park, on the pitch furthest from the changing rooms, 3 pitches here with another nearest the changing rooms mostly railed but not appearing to have seen use in a while, have any hoppers ticked the main pitch? I had come hoping it would be on the main pitch but a tick is a tick.

This game wasn't too bad in all fairness, had it been warmer and like last night I'd have probably enjoyed it just as much. The only problem with this match was that it wasn't a contest. From the moment this kicked off it appeared it would be an away win but I didn't expect it to be this big. Both sides had little warm up and the first half saw just the two. A header from a free kick on 12 and on 40, a low near post effort.

Strets problem was their defence and their inability to create many meaningful chances, except one 18 seconds into the second half, an unmarked header going wide. On 48 6 scored from 12 yards to make it 3 before an 8 minute flurry to take it to 6. Goals on 67, 72 and 75, 9, 6 then 9 again with them before a header on 84 from a corner, no idea on the scorer as I was the other end of the pitch.

So a 0-7, unexpected with two sides with nothing to play for. Down to Greenalls Padgate Res tomorrow as they are the most senior side to use Bennetts Rec.

Tom

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 8, 2013, 8:24 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #4 of 51 (3863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chapeltom] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Lancashire and Cheshire League Premier Division
Old Stretfordians 0-7 Rochdalians

have any hoppers ticked the main pitch? I had come hoping it would be on the main pitch but a tick is a tick.

Yep - I went there when Urmston were using it in the Manchester League a few years back. Not sure what's happened to them (folded, I suppose), or who plays there now.

mip
Man City Transfer Target!

May 8, 2013, 9:11 PM

Team(s): Portsmouth, OB, Svendborg fB, Tved B

Post #5 of 51 (3830 views)
Shortcut
Re: [leohoenig] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
The ground was built less than ten years ago, but it would not surprise me if its predecessor was at the same location. It now goes by the name of Monjasa Park, and the adverts for the company before the game, and at half time are in English.

I'll surprise you then, the old ground was nearer to the town centre. I think it's still there, disused. It was a soul-less place with a track, once used for speedway I believe, and Svendborg always seemed to lose there.

Meanwhile I braved the "holiday" traffic, most people have Thursday and Friday off which hadn't registered with me before setting out, and the thunder showers to get further west than Leo

Jutland Serie 1 (level 6)
Bramming v Ringkøbing II 5-0 (0-0), Admission, programme none, hot dog DKK20 (£2), att. 90 (h/c).

A fully railed pitch enclosed on three sides by trees and by the clubhouse/changing rooms on the fourth side in this small town near Esbjerg. The home side were always on top but it took until the 58th minute before they registered a goal, at least one that counted as they had an effort rule out for offside early on. After that they ran the visitors' defence ragged and added a further four goals, three of them in a 5 minute spell, with some of the goals being very well taken.

A good game and good evening.

Runwell
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 8, 2013, 9:18 PM

Team(s): Team 'Impersonating other Twitter Users' - est. 2011

Post #6 of 51 (3819 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

NOT a very happy Mr Runwell tonight.

Was late leaving work and didn't arrive at the home of Waltham Abbey 'B' until 6:15. Got there, and nobody about. No goalposts up. Nothing. Decided to pop round the corner and check if they were playing at the main Capershotts ground. Again, all locked up. Nothing. Finally went to Townmeads (where Ryan FC play in the EOL), and once again, almost deserted. I had contacted Waltham Abbey on sunday, then tried to contact the secretary of the 'B' team yesterday and chased today, but no response at all. Didn't get round to contacting Alemite, the away team (could have been switched to Harlow for all I know), but for a 'senior club' I am extremely disappointed by Abbey's lack of proactivity to replying to my messages.

Unfortunately by the time I checked all three venues, it was 6:40, and too late to dive down to Frenford Senior for their EOL home game. Instead I went up the M11 to watch Takeley v Bethnal Green in the ESL, seeing as I was in the West Essex area. Got there to again find no sign of life at the ground, despite no details on the website of any postponement. I have just found out one of the two teams "decided they didn't want to play the fixture" last night....

That pretty much sums up the evening. 60+ miles of wasted petrol. One more club I won't be returning to any time soon.

Last match:
Monday 17th October 2016
Aveley 1-1 Phoenix Sports (Isthmian League Division 1 North)

Next scheduled match:
Tuesday 18th October 2016
Burnham Ramblers v Haringey & Waltham (Essex Senior League)

Noah's Dad
First Team Sub

May 8, 2013, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex, Bury Town, Ipswich Town, Spanish football, Groundhopper

Post #7 of 51 (3807 views)
Shortcut

North East Norfolk League Division One
at Market Street, Tunstead

Worstead
(0)1 Runton (1)5

Attendance: 15

Another game in the self styled 'little league with a big reputation'. Runton arrived in Tunstead as champions having won the league on Saturday. Speaking with the ref before the game who reffed them last week, he told me they would easily hold their own in the upper echelons of the Anglian Combination but tonight proved to be not the best time to judge for myself. On a high having just picked up the title and with this the final game of the season for both sides, the Runton players were up for a laugh and the first half in particular was one of the funniest I have seen for a long time as players wound each other up, cracked up at wayward shots and rotated their team so that the centre half played up front for a bit etc etc. Also, the rolling subs rule was in effect again. As a spectator, it was enjoyable seeing the game played in such a spirit and made a welcome change to the whingefests further up the pyramid I've seen recently. For ten minutes after half-time, Runton did play their football and scored 4 goals against a poor Worstead defence who, according to an old Norfolk boy who's house backs onto the ground, are the worst he has seen here for years. The ground is basic but completely enclosed and surrounded by ploughed fields. It's located down a narrow dirt track with a sign at the entrance welcoming you to Worstead FC. A shabby changing room block is behind the near goal and trains on the Norwich to Sheringham line pass behind the far goal. Another enjoyable evening watching football in this excellent rural league. On the way I dropped in at a ground which a friend recently told me hosted Anglian Combination football many years ago. Griffin Park, home of Aslacton & Great Moulton who are now a sunday side, is a wonderful little ground: a farmer's field in the middle of nowhere, the pitch surrounded by chicken wire and advertising boards with a little wooden pavilion on the halfway line. This place is so rural I used to live 3 or 4 miles away and never knew it existed. I really like the more remote grounds and will keep an eye on Aslacton in the hope they revert back to Saturday football in the near future.

2019/20 new grounds: 6 Matches: 8
Total grounds: 2,266

Last game: WHU 0 Man City 5 19.8.19

wishmaster3211
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 9:41 PM

Team(s): Calne Town, Darlington, Rosenborg, Sussex CCC, Huddersfield RL

Post #8 of 51 (3793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Almost didn't go out at all as it was black skies and pouring with rain when i set off, resulting in a number of "what the **** am i doing this for?" moments, before arriving at a completely deserted Uffington....apparently Appleton couldn't raise a team (would dragging people in off the street have made any difference...maybe they opposition would have objected to the use of such "ringers"!?). Anyway if this was the ultimate "failed fudge" I don't know, at the time it was still chucking it down but skies were fast clearing so I still Dug In and went to:

NBFL Division 4

Coleshill Utd Res 6(1)-(1) 2 Grove Rangers

Att 8, no dogs (they've more sense).

Not a tick, but once the skies had cleared a nice venue. the game more than lived up to its "silly season" billing. I suppose it was a "fudge" as I think Coleshill Stiffs are slaughtering everyone and have just beaten a team from a higher Division in a Cup. However, largely due to woeful finishing, it was 1-1 at half time. The game was so often stopped for injuries at times it was more attritional than the Battle of the Somme, There were two bad injuries, one player going off and one to the visiting keeper, who played on but was forever collapsing when running for the ball. Then, at 2-1, the Ref was poleaxed by a Home players clearance and could take no further part. I was set to hot foot it over to Faringdon when they simply restarted the game with a Home player officiating! I have never seen this before and probably some people would refuse to count the game. That said the original ref had been worse than hopeless anyway.

Strangely, the game improved vastly and became end - to - end and was at one stage 3-2, but Coleshill ran away at the finish, helped by a dodgy call or two by the Ref . One of their goals was scored from the left touchline and was deliberate another looked to come from a huge push on a defender. There was also great save from the Coleshill goalie, tipping an overhead kick round the post only for the Ref (the original one that is) to give a goalkick which was overruled by, well, virtually everyone!

One of the most bizarre games I have ever seen. Silly Season indeed. Now on 398 goals so have to push on have never got to 400 before...

"Run For the Hills Before They Burn"

Checkout my Facebook page "Proper Football Grounds"

facebook.com/paul.fergusson

(This post was edited by wishmaster3211 on May 8, 2013, 9:50 PM)

SWP-Phil
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 9:47 PM

Team(s): Various

Post #9 of 51 (3782 views)
Shortcut
Re: [wishmaster3211] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

SWP East

UNIVERSITY OF EXETER 2 PLYMSTOCK UNITED 2

For the second time in recent weeks a cry off of a team at my intended game saw a quick re-think to get a game seen, and after jumping off a train as I headed to Callington, I was back heading home and was able to get to the Students final home game of the season.

This was a fairly end of season affair with both clubs playing some nice football without a particularly strong cutting edge although the Students have only themselves to blame for not gaining a win as they had more than enough chances to have done so.

The Students had a dream start as they were in front inside 7 minutes as Mike Dale squared the ball for Mattias Marriott to shoot home but the lead didn't last long as in the 21st minute a free kick taken by Bobby Hopkinson was only palmed away by the home 'keeper Ryan Pardo and James Yates was on hand to score a rare (!) goal.

University were able to re-establish the lead before half time though as Mike Dale rifled home a cross from Matt Langley to give them the advantage at the break.

The second half saw several good chances for the home side to extend their lead but they all went begging and they paid the price as the visitors levelled for a second time midway through the half when debutant Tom Gullis headed home from a corner kick.

Plymstock end their first season back in East with 25 points and 14th place for their efforts whilst the Students have one game remaining, away at Stoke Gabriel on Saturday.

Follow the SW Peninsula League on Twitter: @swpleague

For all the News on the SW Peninsula League go to : www.swpleague.co.uk

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

May 8, 2013, 10:00 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #10 of 51 (3764 views)
Shortcut

West Yorks League - Division One:

FC Riasa 2 v Old Modernians 2

I'm glad I went to this game, as it was Riasa's last home game in the West Yorkshire league. They intend to compete in the Lancashire league next season, under the name of Eccleshill Riasa.

The game attracted several hoppers, including Ian J, Gordon Coates, Nick from Southport, Paul Cowburn, Noel and everyone's favourite lollipop man, who was making a rare midweek excursion in to Yorkshire without Grundy Hiller.

Old Mods were by far the better side but fell behind to a superbly hit lob shot, which caught everyone by surprise! Old Mods then spurned numerous chances, before scoring two goals in quick succession. However, another great goal from Riasa earned them a fortunate point.

Tim

May 8, 2013, 10:11 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #11 of 51 (3746 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Yarnton 2 Eynsham Association 2 (Oxfordshire Senior League Division 1) Att: 12 h/c f&n

I managed to miss Yarnton during their Hellenic era and despite not being a huge fan of the OSL have felt the need to visit ever since. Nice to be back to normal weather - cold, rain, wind - and believe it or not, this was a really good game. A penalty apiece in the first half - I wouldn't have given either nor would anyone else in the ground - and some solid defending at either end meant the sides were deservedly level at the break. Yarnton took the lead with a possible mis-hit cross but the visitors equalised with an own goal right at the end and this was the right result. The standard of football was amazingly good for the level. Apart from the penalty decisions, the ref was also very good.

The ground is not as bad as I had been told - railed on one side, roped on the other three and with substantial permanent dugouts. A trainspotters' paradise too. Good night out.

southend statto
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 10:14 PM

Team(s): most of my local sides

Post #12 of 51 (3742 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Runwell] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Runwell, where did you hear Takeley v BGU was tonight? Even at lunchtime today the two clubs have yet to advise the league of a date. Thanks. LAPSA v. Clapton is at the McMillan, either tonight or Thursday

GrundyHiller
First Team Sub

May 8, 2013, 10:19 PM

Team(s): Horwich RMI, Bolton Wanderers

Post #13 of 51 (3737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh Alliance Division 2: Greenfield 10-0 Connahs Quay Town; Admission: £2; Attendance: 25 (h/c); no programme;

Many groundhoppers have visited Mainetti Park on the main A458 between Flint and Prestatyn (Bagillt Road) since Greenfield’s elevation to the Welsh Alliance so I won’t bother with much of a description. Basically it’s the old Courtaulds Sports Ground with the side of the factory dominating one side, tree-lined on the main road side and flat standing on the near side where the spectators gather. A number of M&S lorries were parked up here and gave some respite from the severe wind chill on a sunny but cold evening. Plenty of parking, a warm welcome and a tea bar. No programmes tonight but back issues were available. The pitch is in good condition, flat and lots of grass for this time of year.

CQT are clearly in some disarray- they turned up for this game with a bare eleven players and their bench was bare- not even a manager. They were reduced to ten when their no2 left the game after an hour; they actually had a few decent players and they never gave up while their goalkeeper pulled off some great saves. It was 3-0 at half-time, soon five and the home side added regularly to their total, reaching double figures in the last minute. The home side swapped goalkeepers for the closing stages, the 'keeper playing up front. An experienced referee with two young assistants oversaw the game with an expert eye and though the game was so one-sided it was played in good spirit. I hope CQT manage to regroup in the summer as it’s never good to see a club at such a low ebb.

(This post was edited by GrundyHiller on May 8, 2013, 10:27 PM)

osborne
First Team Sub

May 8, 2013, 10:22 PM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #14 of 51 (3728 views)
Shortcut
Re: [southend statto] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Basford 2 Graham Street Prims 0 East Midlands Cup Final @ Borrowash Victoria
Admission £5
Programme £1
Tea £1 -in a standard polystyrene cup.
Basford were deserved winners of the cup final. 2 goals in the first half saw Basford comfortably ahead and Prims never really troubled the Basford goal although they played some nice approach play. I predict Basford will do well in what ever league the FA decide to place them in. A very decent crowd watched this game. I would estimate near 300.

leominster
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 10:39 PM

Team(s): Cardiff City, KV Kortrijk, BFC Dynamo

Post #15 of 51 (3689 views)
Shortcut
Re: [osborne] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

AFC Ludlow 8 Oakengates Athletic 1
Mercian Regional League Premier Division
Admission : £2
Attendance : 35 (h/c)
Coffee £1

Well worth the admission fee for the quality of Ludlow's finishing.The game was over as a contest early on,Dale Hodge netting a hat trick inside 17 minutes, the first coming after only 25 seconds.Oakengates did threaten briefly when an innocuous coming together just outside the box ended with them being awarded a penalty five minutes before the break.The spot kick hit the bar, bounced down and out and after a few seconds confusion when the ref waved play on the linesman indicated it was a goal but this only stung Ludlow into a reaction and Hodge scored his fourth goal within a minute.

Ludlow kept up the pressure in the second half but it took them until 20 minutes from time before they got a fifth from the spot.Oakengates lost heart after that,Hodge got his fifth with a fine finish after chesting down a through ball before his brother Nathan got in on the act with two late drives.

The title is now Ludlow's to lose as tonight's win put them top one point ahead of Church Stretton but with three games in hand over them.Stretton have just one game left to play - against Ludlow.Morda are also still in with a shout in third place but Ludlow also have games in hand over them although the two sides still have to face each other.

The stadium has been remaned 'The Showtime Security Stadium' (details in the link below) but it looks as though that deal may have secured the club financially.The game was played on the 3G pitch and I was told that the attendance was about average for this season.Ludlow were impressive going forward.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/...low-football-ground/

APL
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 10:51 PM

Post #16 of 51 (3669 views)
Shortcut

Belgium Limburg Provincial 1 Play offs
7.30pm
Vlijtingen VV 1 Waltwilder VV 0 Att.287
7 euros admission
Free team sheet.

Good quality football, but lacking somewhat in clear cut chances and the winner only came 10 minutes from time with a close range header.
Very nice ground and immaculate playing surface. Two separate bits of cover either side of the clubhouse and two steps of terrace running the entire length of the side opposite, with the centre covered. There is hard standing all the way round which is done in brick, which certainly wouldn't have been cheap.
As well as the main ground having lights, there are 2 more floodlit pitches behind.
The return leg of this game is currently on the radar as game 3 for me on Saturday evening.

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-5-8-21-173-303-254

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

Trevor P
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 10:51 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #17 of 51 (3669 views)
Shortcut

PYMORE 2
Uplyme 3
Perry Street & District League, Division Two
Att : 30
St. Mary's Playing Field, off Skilling Hill Road, Bridport
Admission : Free. Programme : No. Refreshments : No

For the second consecutive evening I opted for a game in Dorset and, although the venue couldn't quite match the scenic splendours of Kingston Lacy, it was nevertheless a very pleasant setting in tree lined St. Mary's Playing Field, immediately behind Bridport FC's ground where dressing-room facilities are used.

Plenty to play for here with already promoted Uplyme looking to win the divisional championship if they could, while third placed Pymore were still in the hunt to win the league themselves - given that the final game will be between these clubs at Uplyme on Saturday! Failing that, promotion in second place would certainly be an acceptable alternative.

Uplyme shaded the early stages and looked confident on the ball. A miscued shot from their number 10 when he was through on goal after 14 minutes kept the game at 0-0, but six minutes later the pressure told when the number 7 slotted the ball home after one or two defenders paused for an offside whistle that never came.

Further problems for Pymore arose when their keeper was injured and had to be replaced after 34 minutes by an outfield player. He was grateful to see the opposition's centre half head well over the bar just before the break.

Determined to get back in the game, Pymore mounted a promising attacking spell at the start of the second half and their number 11 produced the best goal of the match with a swerving shot on the run after 48 minutes. Shortly afterwards, the Uplyme keeper made a great save to keep out a shot from the home side's number 10.

Despite this good period, Uplyme reasserted themselves when the home defence failed to clear their lines and the ball came to the number 16 who executed the classic two touch finish and the ball was crashed into the net.

Two goals in a minute completed the scoreline. Pymore's number 10 was in the action again when he survived handball appeals to prod the ball over the line after 76 minutes. Then Uplyme surged forward from the kick-off and an ill-judged attempted tackle inside the area resulted in a trip and the inevitable penalty kick which the visiting number 10 converted with ease.

In the final desperate minutes Pymore threw everybody forward - including the replacement keeper who abandoned his goal entirely and hustled around the penalty area at the other end, even falling dramatically but quite rightly not achieving a last gasp penalty award!

Much celebrating from the Uplyme contingent and sporting congratulations from the Pymore side. I'm sure Saturday's game will not be short of incident either, so maybe I'll be heading there instead of Netherbury!

(This post was edited by Trevor P on May 8, 2013, 11:07 PM)

pinewoodste
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 10:57 PM

Team(s): Whoever plays Ipswich Town

Post #18 of 51 (3657 views)
Shortcut

Suffolk Senior Cup Final
Ipswich Wanderers 1 (61) IPSWICH WAND. WON 3-2 ON PENS
Whitton Utd 1 (25. Red on 119)
KO: 19:00 Att: 1,045 Cost: £6 (fair price but strange it was the same price as the Junior Cup Final. No idea what they'll charge for next weeks Premier Cup Final) Progs: Yes

Venue: Ipswich Town FC, Portman Road, Ipswich

Match: Both in Eastern Counties League Division 1. 4th v 7th out of 18
IW were far the better team in the 1st half. They had a few chances to score which they missed & had a header cleared off the line. The shot count was 7-2. WU forced gk into a good save on 16mins & then a well taken goal saw them go in with an undeserved lead.

2nd half was more even. After the equaliser WU probably came closest to a winner when a free-kick was tipped over. The longer the game went on the more likely we'd get extra-time.

For the 3rd time recently I had extra time. For the 3rd time there were no goals. This was the best out of the 3 which isn't saying much.
WU forced gk to save well on 98mins.. A couple of mins later IW had a good chance but a weak shot was easy for the gk. On 115mins a great run & cut in by WU saw a great chance but somehow the effort went wide. WU then had a player sent off late on after receiving 2 yellow cards in about a minute.

It was then onto a very dramatic penalty shoot-out. Not that you could see the penalty spot. WU scored their 1st 2 while IW had both of their's saved by the gk to lead 2-0. Both sides had their 3rd efforts saved. WU had their 4th attempt saved but then a bit of confusion as it appeared the ref wanted it re-taken but after a moment or two we carried on. IW scored their 4th attempt. The WU gk stepped up to win it but yet again the gk saved it & IW scored to force sudden death. The comeback was completed when WU had their 6th effort saved & IW scored. 5 penalties scored 7 saved (a lot of poor penalties) & none off target.

IW deservedly won but amazed how the shoot-out went. Anyone who's been to IW may have noticed that when the ball goes out of the ground a guy will go sprinting round to retrieve it. Well he was on the pitch celebrating & getting the crowd cheering even more. Very amusing.

A good night but would've been better without the extra time.

Wiretown.Editor
First Team Regular

May 8, 2013, 11:10 PM

Team(s): Warrington Town are #1, Leeds Utd, Stranraer, Matlock Tn, Warrington Wolves

Post #19 of 51 (3627 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Trevor P] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Mercian Regional League Division One
Ketley Town 2 Rock Rovers 2
Admission/prog/refreshments no
Att. 70 appx.

A sunny evening but with a fairly strong and cold wind constantly blowing across the pitch this still turned out to be a reasonable game all told. It was played at Ketlley bank Rec in Telford on the centre of three pitches, the other two being a little smaller. One runs parallell just below the main pitch and the second at ninety degrees up above it on the next small plateau. The main pitch was railed on all sides. I assume that Ketley Bank United also use this pitch in the Premier Division.

Both teams were chasing the league title and promotion, and indeed still are. The draw was of more use to the visitors I was advised. Rock ran up an early two goal lead before the comedy moment of the match brought Ketley back into it. A high shot should have been comfortable for the Rock keeper but the ball skidded of his hands straight up in the air, hit the bar and bounced down to go in off the back of his head. The equaliser came after the break. Both sides threatened to win it but neither could find the elusive third goal. Probably just about a fair result.

One hour and one quarter later I was back home with thankfully another trouble free journey.

IAN S
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 11:24 PM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #20 of 51 (3607 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Oxenhope Recreation 12 Pool 2
West Yorkshire Premier
h/t 6-1
Att. 40

Every bit as one-sided as it sounds but it boosts my goal average no end. Gloomy overcast evening up in Emmerdale where the locals were very friendly. No programme tonight but picked up an old one from earlier this season and what an effort it is, a lot of bigger clubs should take note. Good evening out boosted by a pre-game visit to Harry Heywoods in Linthwaite where fish and chips were as always excellent.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

Ramsgate
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 11:28 PM

Post #21 of 51 (3601 views)
Shortcut
Re: [pinewoodste] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

164. Wednesday 8 May 2013 – Bedfordshire Senior Cup (Final) – Attendance: 325-350 approx
AFC Dunstable (blue/blue/white) 0 – 3 Biggleswade Town (green & white stripes/green/green)
Scorers: Biggleswade Town (Mason 17, Donnelly 42, Barnes 67)
Pitch: poor, lots of grass, divots not filled in – Weather: the day improved, clouded over, then rained, 13 deg C at finish

This was one-way traffic for most of the game. AFC Dunstable should have scored the opener in the first minute then, were hardly seen again. Paul Barnes came on as a substitute mid-way through the second-half and scored for the ‘waders almost immediately. AFC Dunstable’s day was compounded with a late dismissal, down to ten-men for some over-enthusiastic use of an elbow, caught a defender broadside.

Winding down, just a few more to go, then finished.

Star Man: Paul Barnes (Biggleswade Town) – Café/Pub:

Coffee Pot, Nadeem Plaza, Dunstable Road, Luton (6/10)

(This post was edited by Paul White on May 8, 2013, 11:45 PM)

totallyuntamed
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 11:33 PM

Team(s): Solihull Moors

Post #22 of 51 (3589 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Midlands League Division 2 Malvern Rangers v Tenbury Result 4-2 Attendance peaked at 31 No programme or admission.

Very basic venue - just a school pitch which was roped off on half a side with the other half of that side inaccessible because of building work on the 4G pitch that Malvern will be playing off next season. Two dug outs were on the far side but that was it. Dreadful first half on an awful pitch, but matters improved greatly in the second half when Tenbury, who turned up with 11, but produced a substitute midway through the first half fought back to 3-2 and should have equalised. Soon after Malvern broke away to hit a clinching fourth. Enjoyable evening spent in the company of Warwickian, JP, SM, DC and three mourning Wolves fans, all of whom were looking forward to visiting Crawley next season!!!

"There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Milletts".

prorege

May 8, 2013, 11:36 PM

Team(s): Fife teams

Post #23 of 51 (3581 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Wiretown.Editor] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Irn Bru Scottish League Division One Play Off, Semi Final, First Leg
Forfar Athletic v Dunfermline Athletic, 3-1, H.T. 3-0, Att 1562, Admission £12, Programme £1.50, Bridie and Coffee £2.50
at Station Park

Dunfermline slipped into the relegation play-off spot on Saturday courtesy of a home defeat from already relegated Airdrie and Cowden's 3-1 win at Hamilton.

Since going into administration the Pars have been docked 15 points and have been forced to field a very young team as their high earners were released. Their inexperienced team was seriously shown-up by an on-form Forfar who could easily have won by five or six goals.

However, Pars late goal by Steven Husband does give them some hope for the second leg on Saturday and was a small crumb of comfort for their 800 travelling fans. Segregation was enforced at Station Park tonight with the Pars fans on the West and South-West terraces.

The visiting fans endured a depressing first half that saw Forfar score three times, two of them by big Sanny himself, Chris Templeman. He's a former Dunfermline player, a Fifer and a laddie I've known since he was a teenager. Now the wrong side of 30, I've never seen him looking so fit and his contribution was simply immense. Of course the Forfar Manager, Dick 'The Bunnet' Campbell is also a proud Fifer and a fdormer Pars manager - neither will take any pleasure in Dunfermline's demise but they clearly put Forfar;s fortunes first.

The consequences of relegation for Dunfermline might well be catastrophic. The Adminstrator reckoned it was the most difficult situation he had ever seen at a club and he has dealt with seven Admins in the past. Relegation to the twilight world of Division Two may very well spell liquidation for Dunfermline Athletic FC.

That wasn't Forfar's concern and it was a great night to be a home fan at Station Park. Saturday's return leg at East End will still be interesting - it is hard not to see Forfar scoring against a leaky and fragile Pars defence.

barcud-coch
First Team Star

May 8, 2013, 11:45 PM

Post #24 of 51 (3560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Llanfair United 0 Llanidloes Town 3

The Talbot Field: Spar Mid Wales League Cup Semi-Final

After enjoying several days of glorious sunshine and warmer temperatures, across the Welsh borderlands, it was a return for this evening cup semi-final at Berriew. The winners of this evening’s match would face Waterloo Rovers after the Welshpool-based outfit defeated Rhosgoch Rangers on penalties in the other tie. Llanidloes Town just need a point from Saturday’s match at Montgomery Town to claim the First Division crown. The Daffs recorded a 2-0 victory over Carno on Friday night to move a step closer. Llanfair United had already secured the Second Division championship, prior to last Wednesday’s 1-0 win at Llanfyllin Town, and were chasing a treble as the Mount Field club are still involved in the Second Division Cup. Llanidloes Town had beaten Presteigne St Andrews, Machynlleth and Hay St Mary’s, en route to the final, whilst Llanfair United overcame Llansantffraid Village, Llanfyllin Town and Berriew.

The opening stages of the match were relatively even, with both teams giving as good as they received, although clear-cut chances were few and far between. The Daffs went ahead when a good pass by Richie Evans found Jamie Breese inside the penalty area to turn the ball past Lee Andrew in the Llanfair United goal. The Daffs doubled their advantage three minutes before the interval, when the league’s leading scorer, Breese, latched on to a through ball, before sliding the ball past an onrushing Andrew. The Mount Field Club saw more possession in the final third, after half-time, but struggled in the final third. Llanidloes Town confirmed their place in the final, with three minute remaining, when Greg Brown latched on to a through ball and rounded Andrew before finding the net from a narrow angle. Llanfair United’s best opportunities were from long-range efforts but they rarely tested Dave Jones in the Llanidloes Town goal. The Daffs will now have the opportunity to exact revenge on Waterloo Rovers after losing to the Welshpool club in last term’s final.

Statistics 2012/13
Goals: 661
Matches: 158
New Grounds: 25

(This post was edited by barcud-coch on May 8, 2013, 11:47 PM)

Part Time Par
Youth Team Sub

May 8, 2013, 11:52 PM

Post #25 of 51 (3550 views)
Shortcut
Re: [prorege] Wednesday 8th May [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Irn Bru Scottish League Division One Play Off, Semi Final, First Leg
Forfar Athletic v Dunfermline Athletic, 3-1, H.T. 3-0, Att 1562, Admission £12, Programme £1.50, Bridie and Coffee £2.50
at Station Park

Dunfermline slipped into the relegation play-off spot on Saturday courtesy of a home defeat from already relegated Airdrie and Cowden's 3-1 win at Hamilton.

Since going into administration the Pars have been docked 15 points and have been forced to field a very young team as their high earners were released. Their inexperienced team was seriously shown-up by an on-form Forfar who could easily have won by five or six goals.

However, Pars late goal by Steven Husband does give them some hope for the second leg on Saturday and was a small crumb of comfort for their 800 travelling fans. Segregation was enforced at Station Park tonight with the Pars fans on the West and South-West terraces.

The visiting fans endured a depressing first half that saw Forfar score three times, two of them by big Sanny himself, Chris Templeman. He's a former Dunfermline player, a Fifer and a laddie I've known since he was a teenager. Now the wrong side of 30, I've never seen him looking so fit and his contribution was simply immense. Of course the Forfar Manager, Dick 'The Bunnet' Campbell is also a proud Fifer and a fdormer Pars manager - neither will take any pleasure in Dunfermline's demise but they clearly put Forfar;s fortunes first.

The consequences of relegation for Dunfermline might well be catastrophic. The Adminstrator reckoned it was the most difficult situation he had ever seen at a club and he has dealt with seven Admins in the past. Relegation to the twilight world of Division Two may very well spell liquidation for Dunfermline Athletic FC.

That wasn't Forfar's concern and it was a great night to be a home fan at Station Park. Saturday's return leg at East End will still be interesting - it is hard not to see Forfar scoring against a leaky and fragile Pars defence.

How can a team go from beating 2nd placed Morton, and being 1 minute away in "injury" time of a victory against champions Partick for safety, to this?

Looks like the Youth Cup Final defeat against Celtic has knocked morale badly

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3