Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Administration: Messages from / Questions to Administrators:
Site (not the forum) is very slow

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Apr 10, 2013, 8:27 PM

Team(s): Yeovil, Kettering

Post #1 of 27 (13454 views)
Shortcut
Site (not the forum) is very slow Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've noticed that the site is slow, maybe especially the last week, and in particular today. It literally can take more than a minute for a page to show.
For example:
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/14/

It doesn't matter which computer I use, it's as slow from my work as it is from my home.

Is it slow for you others too?

I just checked some other British sites too, like BBC, and they were fast. So I don't think it's some Swedish-English problem.

Finally, thank you all (including Steve) for making this such a great site and forum.

(This post was edited by Lars on Apr 10, 2013, 8:28 PM)

UKPunk
Man City Transfer Target!

Apr 10, 2013, 8:33 PM

Post #2 of 27 (13451 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yes Lars.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

VP

Apr 10, 2013, 8:42 PM

Post #3 of 27 (13450 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes Lars.

Same here. I've noticed it's even slower at certain times like Saturday evening, Sunday morning, Tuesday evening etc. when I assume people are either looking at the latest results and/or a few editors are online updating stuff.

steve walker
Administrator

Apr 12, 2013, 10:47 PM

Team(s):

Post #4 of 27 (13377 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Yes Lars.

Same here. I've noticed it's even slower at certain times like Saturday evening, Sunday morning, Tuesday evening etc. when I assume people are either looking at the latest results and/or a few editors are online updating stuff.

Ive seen it too occasionally and Im not sure why. Hosts tell me it's not a server issue as there are plenty of server resources left (NLM runs on a dedicated server so no other sites are on it). If it's a software issue I will need to get FDC the site software developers to take a look.

Kepp me updated please Thanks

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Apr 13, 2013, 9:44 PM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #5 of 27 (13333 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Painfully, almost unuseably slow at the moment. Seems to get slower by the week..........

Ditto with this site, before anyone beats me to it Crazy

acmold

Apr 13, 2013, 10:01 PM

Post #6 of 27 (13330 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or

Yes slow, very slow tonight and the forum.

UKPunk

Apr 14, 2013, 11:15 PM

Post #7 of 27 (13284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Seems to be back to a decent speed now.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

Lars
Reserve Team Star

Apr 27, 2013, 9:23 PM

Post #8 of 27 (12822 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I find it to often be slow. Tonight (currently, and I know it's Saturday night) it takes more than a minute to even get to a page like
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/steps/steps-1-2/
Then click on its link to
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/1/
leads to another minute of waiting time.

So something seams wrong, doesn't it?
(Although this is still a great site!!)

For some reason, this page loads immediately:
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/steps/other/
although showing a table takes up to a minute:
http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/89/

(Not sure where to write this, so sorry if off-topic: Are playoff results shown anywhere on this site? )

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 1, 2013, 4:10 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #9 of 27 (12646 views)
Shortcut

The Forum (haven't checked the rest of the site) seems to be very very slow today, often taking multiple counts of ten for pages of threads to load. I've no problem with any other sites so don't think it's anything I've done.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

ictoan
First Team Regular

May 1, 2013, 4:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 27 (12642 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I'm having a similar problem and seen to have had for the last couple of days.

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

The North begins at Gatwick.

VP

May 1, 2013, 7:28 PM

Post #11 of 27 (12632 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ictoan] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I don't know if it's coincidence but it seems slower when the amount of guests online is higher. It's been showing 6000+ quite a lot for the past few days. Whenever it's dropped below 5000 the site's been faster.
I know that number isn't the actual amount of people viewing the site at any given time but I can't remember the reason given why it's so high.

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 5, 2013, 9:46 AM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #12 of 27 (12335 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Slower than a three-legged dog this morning...and I've given up trying to load the various
Steps' sections at the top - making a cup of tea normally sees the time out.

Must be frustrating for the guys in charge when both parties cannot find a reason why it should be thus....

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

ictoan
First Team Regular

May 5, 2013, 11:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 27 (12322 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I think that VP may have hit on the reason as during a very slow period this morning there were over 10,000 guests. At one time yesterday evening when it was slow there were over 8,000 guests.

On another forum I am registered with when the numbers hit a high, the site will selectively crash and only allow registered users access.

There 'Ant no place like Sussex, until you goes above, 'Cause Sussex will be Sussex and Sussex wunt be druv.

VP

May 5, 2013, 2:16 PM

Post #14 of 27 (12309 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ictoan] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Just logged in and it's fine for me. The guests only number 2800.
It's either a huge coincidence or that's the reason.

(This post was edited by VP on May 5, 2013, 2:17 PM)

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

May 5, 2013, 2:27 PM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #15 of 27 (12302 views)
Shortcut

Patience is a virtue. SlySly

steve walker
Administrator

May 5, 2013, 4:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 27 (12288 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I will ask the hosting company to take another look and see if they can isolate where the problem is.

ictoan
First Team Regular

May 8, 2013, 1:02 PM

Team(s):

Post #17 of 27 (12038 views)
Shortcut

Steve, I don't know if this is relevant to the problems here but the following was posted on North Stand Chat by its administrator:

"NSC has been getting increasingly hammered, most notably from China. This hasn't caused any obvious issues with the operation of the site, but the resultant load has seen NSC's hosting costs start to rise very sharply.

Last night I deployed a security service called CloudFlare which, essentially, sits between the end user and NSC and acts as a filter. If Cloudflare thinks you're dodgy or might be trying to do something dodgy it can block you from getting to the site, thereby saving NSC's servers the burden of serving up a lot of data as you go about your nefarious activities.

An added benefit of this approach is content caching which should make the site faster for everyone most of the time.

If you experience any problems, or see anything unusual, please post here. I can flick a virtual switch at any time and turn Cloudflare off if it's causing problems."

blackdouglas
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 9, 2013, 5:13 PM

Team(s): See signature for clubs

Post #18 of 27 (11971 views)
Shortcut

Just been a spike to nearly 11000 guest online and the forum slowed to less than the pace of a snail on valium.

Northwood, Threave Rovers, Arsenal, Rangers (the real ones, NOT qpr),Watford, Rochdale, queen of the south and a few others.

buncranaboy
Qatar World Cup bid member!

May 11, 2013, 12:14 AM

Team(s): Barnstoneworth United; Bostock Stanley

Post #19 of 27 (11903 views)
Shortcut
Re: [blackdouglas] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

12,930 guests at this time after midnight? Hmmm.

Each page is taking over a minute to load Crazy

dottirofhod

May 11, 2013, 12:17 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #20 of 27 (11902 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

Yep , giving up tonight haven't got the patience.
Awful at mo.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 127 / 107 / 20 / 5 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 07 / 12 / 2019 . Belgium top 5 tiers 0-0-0-(0-1-0)-(0-1-1-2) / Holland top 4 tiers - 0-0-0-(0-0) / Lux top 2 tiers 0 -2. England top 10 tiers - 0. Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

Lars
Reserve Team Star

May 11, 2013, 2:00 AM

Post #21 of 27 (11894 views)
Shortcut
Re: [buncranaboy] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
12,930 guests at this time after midnight? Hmmm.

Now it's about 5600 guests, with at least 50 of them always being active during the particular minute I check. (To compare with 11 members, of which 4 are being active during this minute.)

(But I haven't noticed the forum being slow, despite being here for a couple of hours.)
Edit: tables taking 30-40 seconds now to show.

(This post was edited by Lars on May 11, 2013, 2:07 AM)

steve walker
Administrator

May 11, 2013, 10:54 AM

Team(s):

Post #22 of 27 (11871 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Lars] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

It's being looked at both by the hosting company and by the NLM main site software developers FDC. The problem does seem to be with the main site software but between them they should be able to come up with a working fix soon I hope.

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

May 13, 2013, 4:54 AM

Post #23 of 27 (11774 views)
Shortcut

I have noticed this too, its fine when the numbers viewing are low but not if the figure is quite high.

rainjar
First Team Star

May 16, 2013, 4:32 PM

Post #24 of 27 (11693 views)
Shortcut
Re: [LondonBuck] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Getting worse.

Football Insights

steve walker
Administrator

May 16, 2013, 6:45 PM

Team(s):

Post #25 of 27 (11679 views)
Shortcut
Re: [rainjar] Site (not the forum) is very slow [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Getting worse.

No, it has peaks and troughs. You just hit a bad peak.

I think we are close to a solution, I will post here when it is implemented and we will see if it improves.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3