me reckon it work out fine for them.

wrexham fc fa trophy winners 2013 !

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Mar 22, 2013, 3:36 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #2 of 308 (27914 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not a good move for the taxpayers who are funding a majority of it thoughFrown

dottirofhod
Man City Transfer Target!

Mar 22, 2013, 3:41 PM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #3 of 308 (27911 views)
Shortcut
Re: [garethwrexy] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Don't like the idea Gareth.
Orient still hoping to share !
''The revamp of the stadium will cost 150million and the Hammers are expected to be there for the start of the 2016/17 season''.

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 72 / 61 / 11 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 23 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

DonQuixote
Chelsea Transfer Target

Mar 22, 2013, 4:33 PM

Team(s): Romford, Everton, @BrentwoodSunLge

Post #4 of 308 (27899 views)
Shortcut
Re: [dottirofhod] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As you can imagine, I live deep in the heart of West Ham
territory and the general consensus has been mainly
negative.

FA Vase semi programme wanted: 2001 Taunton v Clitheroe.

UKPunk

Mar 22, 2013, 7:36 PM

Post #5 of 308 (27863 views)
Shortcut
Re: [DonQuixote] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I've yet to meet a West Ham fan who wants to move there. The same can be said about Spurs fans by the way.

1-0-1-0-4-25-40-65-181-289=606

Last game: Mon 20/8/18
4. Basford United 1 Hednesford Town 2

garethwrexy

Mar 23, 2013, 10:19 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #6 of 308 (27810 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

assume upton park will be sold ?

thegardener
Junior Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 10:23 AM

Team(s): portsmouth, sholing fc, wessex league, wickham dynamos

Post #7 of 308 (27809 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kirby knitters] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Absolute disgrace. A second rate club who should have been relegated over the Tevez affair are now handed a new stadium paying peanuts in rent, compared with the money coming in, and a new TV deal due to be signed the season after they move in. If Livingstone had signed this off there would have been uproar. Hope they get relegated before they move in. Rant over

If one has not given everything, one has given nothing

IAN S
First Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 10:55 AM

Team(s): Sheffield United, Sheffield Eagles, Kendal Town

Post #8 of 308 (27801 views)
Shortcut

Any profit from it should be given back to taxpayer to cover cost of Olympic Stadium.

Club is bent from top to bottom.

We'll be, as we are, when all the fools who doubt us fade away.

Matty
Reserve Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 11:47 AM

Team(s): All things Derbyshire

Post #9 of 308 (27793 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Any profit from it should be given back to taxpayer to cover cost of Olympic Stadium.

I don't know the details, but there is some sort of clause to claw back some? of any profit should the club be sold on.

Isaac

Mar 23, 2013, 8:14 PM

Team(s): ABMU

Post #10 of 308 (27762 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Matty] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

West Ham are regularly advertising on commercial radio suggesting that they're struggling to fill Upton Park, where are all the exra fans going to come from with many existing fans saying they won't be going?

UKPunk

Mar 23, 2013, 8:26 PM

Post #11 of 308 (27757 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
West Ham are regularly advertising on commercial radio suggesting that they're struggling to fill Upton Park, where are all the exra fans going to come from with many existing fans saying they won't be going?

Talk is cheap. If they can afford it they'll go because it's their football club.

Isaac

Mar 23, 2013, 8:59 PM

Post #12 of 308 (27743 views)
Shortcut
Re: [UKPunk] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Talk is cheap. If they can afford it they'll go because it's their football club.

We shall see but we all have our breaking point and I can't help thinking this is another Coventry City/Ricoh Arena situation in the making. And then there's poor old Leyton Orient.........

UKPunk

Mar 23, 2013, 9:17 PM

Post #13 of 308 (27737 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Isaac] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

We shall see but we all have our breaking point and I can't help thinking this is another Coventry City/Ricoh Arena situation in the making. And then there's poor old Leyton Orient.........

Isaac I refer you to the reply I gave to Buncranaboy above. Cool

kazy
Junior Team Star

Mar 23, 2013, 9:50 PM

Post #14 of 308 (27731 views)
Shortcut
Re: [IAN S] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

I just can't accept that ......

... 'Arry was with them and he certainly wouldn't get involved with anything dodgy.

Isaac

Mar 23, 2013, 11:36 PM

Post #15 of 308 (27709 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Forgive me if I'm being thick but I can't see any reply you gave to Buncranaboy.

And what if West Ham are relegated? Something that could yet happen this season.

UKPunk

Mar 23, 2013, 11:55 PM

Post #16 of 308 (27704 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Forgive me if I'm being thick but I can't see any reply you gave to Buncranaboy.

And what if West Ham are relegated? Something that could yet happen this season.

Sorry mate, it's on a different thread here.

http://nonleaguematters.co.uk/...cbe27d4cdb4b8#480411

Isaac

Mar 24, 2013, 6:26 PM

Post #17 of 308 (27658 views)
Shortcut

Is there any reason why West Ham and Tottenham cannot share the stadium? I realise the idea won't go down well with Punky and indeed many Spurs fansWink

I can understand the point about the taxpayers funding it but what else do we do with the stadium? Clearly not viable for athletics alone.

Richard Rundle

Mar 24, 2013, 6:31 PM

Post #18 of 308 (27655 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Is there any reason why West Ham and Tottenham cannot share the stadium.

No practical reason, just the usual British suspicion/dislike of groundshares

Isaac

Mar 24, 2013, 6:37 PM

Post #19 of 308 (27651 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Richard Rundle] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Is there any reason why West Ham and Tottenham cannot share the stadium.

No practical reason, just the usual British suspicion/dislike of groundshares

Thats what I thought although it seems to work fine in Italy for instance.

Dare I suggest that Spurs and Arsenal could have shared The Emirates?

Richard Rundle

Mar 24, 2013, 8:01 PM

Post #20 of 308 (27629 views)
Shortcut

Yes, that could have worked except for the usual petty parochrialism. At least West Ham United and Tottenham Hotspur's fanbases aren't that much at each other's throats the whole time

UKPunk

Mar 24, 2013, 9:04 PM

Post #21 of 308 (27615 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Is there any reason why West Ham and Tottenham cannot share the stadium? I realise the idea won't go down well with Punky and indeed many Spurs fansWink

I can understand the point about the taxpayers funding it but what else do we do with the stadium? Clearly not viable for athletics alone.

Yes, the clue is in the name. Tottenham Hotspur. i.e. North London. The olympic stadium is in East London. We'd just become Stratford Hotspur and that would never do.

Some clubs are quite content to desert their local area. That lot down the road for a start. I hope we'll never do that.

jon b
First Team Star

Mar 25, 2013, 12:40 AM

Team(s): SUFC, SWFC etc

Post #22 of 308 (27584 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kazy] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

I just can't accept that ......

... 'Arry was with them and he certainly wouldn't get involved with anything dodgy.

Yeah, but he could be led astray by his dog Tongue

Chris1963

Mar 25, 2013, 9:08 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #23 of 308 (27531 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I've yet to meet a West Ham fan who wants to move there. The same can be said about Spurs fans by the way.

Tottenham dropped all ideas about moving to the Olympic Stadium years ago. You only have to look at the hoardings around the demolished land immediately north of Paxton Road to see where their ambitions lie, and these plans have been welcomed by their fans.

By the way, Barry Hearn can complain for all he likes but as I've said on here before, I bet Leyton Orient's crowds don't show any significant decrease, if any at all, after West Ham start playing at the Olympic Stadium.

garethwrexy

Mar 27, 2013, 9:27 AM

Team(s): wrexham and dulwich

Post #24 of 308 (27439 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] west ham united moving........ [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

is the plan for them to be in new stadium by season 2014-2015 ?

dottirofhod

Mar 27, 2013, 11:28 AM

Team(s): Crewe Alex and obviously England.(Unlike a lot on here)

Post #25 of 308 (27418 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
is the plan for them to be in new stadium by season 2014-2015 ?

As your question was aimed at Chris not sure which team you are refering to ?
If West Ham see post 3.
If Spurs who knows = http://www.skyscrapercity.com/...=549397&page=264

July 1, 2019 to June 30,2020 = 72 / 61 / 11 / inc 2 x 0-0's. (You know my rules) @ 23 / 09 / 2019.
2019/20. Benelux = Bel = 0-0-0-(0-0-0)-(0-2-1-1)/ Lux = 0-2 / Neth = 0-0-0-(1 - 2) Others France = 0-0 / Germany =0-0-0 / Italy =0-3(Act 4- Frosinone new ground)./ Iberia = P = 0-1 & S = 0-0.

Now blogging at https://eccentricity.video.blog/

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3