Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Where did you go?:
Saturday 26th January

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 26, 2013, 5:11 PM

Post #1 of 110 (9439 views)
Shortcut
Saturday 26th January Can't Post or

Letcombe (1) 4
Marlow United (1) 2

Berks & Bucks Intermediate Cup Quarter Final

Att 37

Tea 50p

Cracking game, homesters deserved to win. Pitch was perfect never thought there had been any snow in Letcombe.

Large building projects going on at the ground but sadly still no hope of planning permission for lights. Club except they will be forced at some point to play at a lower standard, which is a shame as they put in far more effort and money in trying to improve their facilities than many clubs at the same or higher levels. I presume some on this board will still knock them and other Hellenic clubs for not having lights, despite spending far more in time, money and effort in trying than most do in achieving

Letcombe's Supplementary Cup tie against Didcot has been switched to Didcot and hopefully will be played this Tuesday 7.45pm.

(This post was edited by acmold on Jan 26, 2013, 5:12 PM)

Bantam Cymraeg
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 5:24 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #2 of 110 (9426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Betws-y-Coed 1-3 Y Glannau
Vale of Clwyd & Conwy League Division 1
No admission charge
Att: 20ish

Early confirmation that my first choice game was on came as a bit of a surprise, seeing that 40 miles away we had had a huge snowfall last night, and our road was snowbound. Once I got off our road the conditions improved, and the fields got greener the further west I drove, meaning that in Betws there was no snow at all. Never in doubt, apparently. The ground is easily located in the centre of the town, on the rec across from the station. The narrow, undulating pitch is situated in a triangular piece of land fringed with trees. A very attractive location in this nice town, with steep hills on all sides. The pitch wasn't roped, and the changing room block was in one corner of the triangle.

Betws have reformed this season after a few years out, but have had a struggle on the pitch. Only 4 points from 13 games before today, and a few serious drubbings. They gave it a good shot today against a well-organised visiting side, but were always up against it. Surprisingly they actually took the lead late in the 1st half and held it until the break. Y Glannau finally got some reward for their pressure just a minute into the 2nd half. Further goals on 63 & 77mins gave them a deserved win.

Glad to get something today without too much hassle after last week's blank.

APL
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 5:42 PM

Post #3 of 110 (9408 views)
Shortcut

Sussex Intermediate Cup Quarter Final 1.30pm
Peacehaven United 2 Langney Wanderers 3 att.16
No admission or programme.

First phone call of the day, just after 12 o'clock, confirmed that it was game on, so it was off to the seaside.
PU are 6th in The Championship (2nd tier) of the Mid Sussex League, whilst visitors LW are 3rd in the Premier Division of the East Sussex League. Both teams have lost just once in their respective leagues this season, although ridiculously, going into February, they have only played 6 games each !
A very entertaining game that was played at 100mph from start to finish. LW ahead on 26 minutes, but their lead only lasted a minute. They went back in front on 63 minutes with a penalty, before PU levelled it again ten minutes later. LW finally won it with 7 minutes left. Both sides had loads of chances to add to the tally, helped by two dodgy keepers who didn't seem capable of holding any shots or handling anything in the air.
PU play next door to Peacehaven & Telscombe of the Sussex County League. There is a brick built changing room block, with the pitch on a plateau behind, running widthways, the left hand goal being about 50 yards from the perimeter fence of the Peacehaven & Telscombe ground which is at right angles. The pitch was a bit squelchy on the far side, but held up well. The game had already been off twice and according to the home club Secretary, if it hadn't gone ahead today, the tie would have been reversed, so they were keen to get it on.
The Referee did very well despite facing a number of 'confrontations' from both sides when decisions didn't go their way.

2019/20
England 1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-1

2019/20
Belgium (Pyramid = 1,484 1st teams) 0-0-2-5-8-21-173-303-254

http://www.hoppingacrossthepond.com

ARL
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 26, 2013, 5:50 PM

Team(s): Tring Town 1987-2003, Leverstock Green 2003-

Post #4 of 110 (9398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [APL] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

FA Vase 4th Round
Ampthill Town P-P Enfield 1893

The morning pitch inspection had it as on - a later inspection was planned but the club was optimistic. On arrival of course, the game was off. The pitch was clear of snow but the referee considered the centre circle area waterlogged. The Ampthill officials were understandably not happy. Oh well, that's the way it goes!

Actually, a better reason for calling the game off would have been the state of the car park - it was pure compacted ice and snow and quite treacherous for spectators arriving.

The Moose
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 5:53 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 110 (9394 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Bantam Cymraeg] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

WILTS CO. LGE DIV.ONE: MARSHFIELD P WOOTTON BASSETT RES P

Lesson learnt never to trust a league website! At 1.35 this was still on so less than impressed to find on my arrival at 'kick off' time clearly it wasn't Unsure Still could've been worse I nearly went to Blyskawica near Swindon which was also a late call off. I suppose I should have known really as this Wiltshire village is high up above Bath so the pitch was still covered in snow. That'll teach me for having a late panic attack of 'newgrounditis' and searching for the holy grail. Anyhow revisit then sought and found at.........

WESTERN LGE. PREM DIV: MELKSHAM TOWN 0 BUCKLAND ATHLETIC 0

ADM: 6 PROG: 1 ATT: 109

With little over half an hour to spare I had the choice of Chippenham, Bradford or Melksham so naturally I picked the only scoreless fixture! My first one of the season too but che sera worse things happen at sea. Arrived just before kick off and snaffled the last bits of paper to cuddle but things went downhill after that.

Not the best game really and probably could've been there all night with neither side scoring. Plenty of chances for both teams but no one could finish. A disallowed goal for either team summed it up really so won't live long in the memory.

Now I don't know if this is Melksham's last season at the Conigre or not but it will be sadly missed if so. The newish stand with 100 or so seats isn't particularly exciting but the rusty ramshackled cover behind one goal and all down the other side is a joy to behold. There's a train station not too far away so one to do methinks before it's gone.

KRTM Cool

T P Johnson
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 26, 2013, 6:23 PM

Post #6 of 110 (9340 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Welsh Cup Chepstow v Haverfordwest 3-4 around 300 5 inc programme

Congratulations to everyone at Chepstow plus officials who got the game ahead and what an excellent game we had which included a pen miss by each side and I do mean miss plus red card for Chepstow. Pleased they had a good crowd.which included other hoppers

Tim Johnson

kirby knitters
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Jan 26, 2013, 6:25 PM

Team(s): Hinckley United FC.

Post #7 of 110 (9337 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Moose] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Evostick s&w
EVESHAM UTD 0 CIRENCESTER TOWN 0
add 9
Prog 2
Att 223
Carling 3.10
An uneventful game as the scoreline might suggest,probably the highlight coming late on with an altercation involving numerous players which resulted in referee lisa rashid brandishing 5 yellow cards!!
My first visit to the spires and hartwell jubilee stadium and i liked it..the catering and bar facilities are superb,the people friendly and the ground is great for southern league football.

kidology
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 26, 2013, 6:27 PM

Team(s): Barnet (when in Barnet), Truro City

Post #8 of 110 (9332 views)
Shortcut
Re: [ARL] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
FA Vase 4th Round
Ampthill Town P-P Enfield 1893

The morning pitch inspection had it as on - a later inspection was planned but the club was optimistic. On arrival of course, the game was off. The pitch was clear of snow but the referee considered the centre circle area waterlogged. The Ampthill officials were understandably not happy. Oh well, that's the way it goes!

Actually, a better reason for calling the game off would have been the state of the car park - it was pure compacted ice and snow and quite treacherous for spectators arriving.

When I arrived at the ground for this game at 2.15 to find it was off, the groundsman said I could take a look at the pitch and go on it if I wanted. It surprised me that a greater concern wasn't the touchline which was close to frozen and the banks of snow that were piled up very close to the touchline. I walked into the centre circle as well - it was muddy but hardly waterlogged or unplayable. 10 years ago they'd have played it without a second thought, unfortunately those days are gone.

Ended up getting to Arlesey v Leamington for a revisit just before kick off. Not much fun as Leamington benefitted from a debatable penalty and sending off in the first quarter of the game, but any football is better than no football.

PaulC

Jan 26, 2013, 6:33 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #9 of 110 (9314 views)
Shortcut

Scottish Junior Cup Round 4

Auchinleck Talbot 7-0 Petershill
Beechwood Park, Auchinleck

Attendance (est): 1200

Beechwood Park was in perfect condition for this Scottish Junior Cup tie between the top two clubs in SJFA West Region. Petershill, whose new stadium boasts a 3G pitch, must have been delighted. If they were, it was their only delight of the day.

A closely-contested tie was anticipated by everyone but it turned out to be anything but.

Talbot went ahead after 25 minutes, thanks to a goalkeeping howler, as a weak header was allowed to trundle into the net. In all honesty there was little to choose between the teams until the 40th minute when the referee awarded a very soft penalty to Talbot, and in the process sent off a Petershill defender. Talbot scored from the spot (Photo: http://www.fileden.com/...25/3350994/auch3.jpg ).

A goal early in the second half ended any chance Petershill might have had, and a few minutes later Petershill were reduced to 9 men. After that Talbot ran riot, missing a penalty and being denied by some fine goalkeeping from reaching double figures.

All in all a disappointing outcome to an eagerly anticipated match.

A couple of ground photos:
http://www.fileden.com/...25/3350994/auch1.jpg
http://www.fileden.com/...25/3350994/auch2.jpg

Trevor P
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 6:34 PM

Team(s): Torquay United/Dawlish United

Post #10 of 110 (9311 views)
Shortcut

LOOE TOWN 7
St. Dennis 2
Duchy League, Division One
Att : 3
Barbican Sports Field, Barbican Farm Lane, off Barbican Road, East Looe
Admission : Free. Programme : No. Refreshments : No. Badge : 3.00 (purchased from Terry's Badges, Chinnor)

My first call as well and decided to make for this one which has been on my list for some time.

Barbican Road is situated above East Looe with the nearby "Barbican Inn" and a small shopping precinct being the best sources for food & drink. The latter includes a chippie as well as a bakery selling hot pasties, sausage rolls and other goodies. There's also a Londis store where sandwiches, confectionary & drinks could be bought.

The Sports Field is reached by turning left alongside the Royal Mail delivery & sorting office and then almost immediately sharp right up Barbican Farm Lane. This leads into a tarmac car-park with the dressing-room building - complete with bright yellow club banner displayed - at the far end. Mesh wire fencing includes the padlocked entrance gate. The main open pitch is to the left once you've walked round to the front of this building and runs lengthways. It's another one of those which slopes towards both ends from a bulge in the middle. It's quite high up and there are coastal views in the direction of Torpoint. There's a junior pitch - also running lengthways - immediately in front of the dressing-rooms and a kids' playing/training area running widthways beyond the far end. It's another very exposed location and definitely better chosen on a warm, sunny day. There's no hard standing, cover or seating. Outer borders are mainly low hedges.

The game pitted 10th. v 11th. in the division and, although the home side were by far the stronger team, it was almost embarrassing to witness some of the defensive bungling that took place at both ends. Keeper frailties kept me particularly entertained!

Turning round 4-2 ahead, Looe added another 3 before the end to emphasise their superiority.

Friendly committee folk (intrigued by my presence!) with the other two spectators being a couple from St. Dennis with player connections.

Drinks afterwards were at "The Globe Inn", East Looe

(This post was edited by Trevor P on Jan 26, 2013, 9:10 PM)

sandhurstbee

Jan 26, 2013, 6:39 PM

Team(s): Brentford, Sandhurst Town and Most local Non League sides.

Post #11 of 110 (9293 views)
Shortcut
Re: [T P Johnson] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Camberley Town 1 Raynes Park Vale 3 - Admission 6 (Concession 4) Programme 1 - Having given up hope of a new ground today I kept local and went to Krooner Park. Camberley is always one of the last to fall locally weather wise so this always seemed a safe bet for a game. Arrived to find VP patiently waiting for the Bar staff to arrive so he could get his pint Wink - The visitors looked sharper from the start though it was Camberley who took the lead after 6 minutes when a loose ball in the area was lashed in. Camberley were pegged back after 21 minutes when a Pin Point cross from the Left was headed in at the far post. 1-1 Half Time. 10 minutes into the 2nd Half and the visitors were in front when the forward found space in the Camberley penalty area but his low shot was well saved by the Camberley keeper who could do nothing to stop the Raynes Park Vale player following up to score. The visitors never looked back after this and increased their lead when their player cut inside and hit home from 10 yards. The win should have been more emphatic as RPV were awarded a Penalty 5 minutes from time after their player was knocked over. The Penalty was hit High and Wide much to the embarassment of the taker. Blush - One amusing incident as VP went to retrieve the ball and pointed out to Camberley player he was going as quick as he could and to leave him alone Cool

Last New Ground 2016/17 (15) 29/4/2017 HIGHMOOR/IBIS RESERVES 1 Mortimer 1 - Thames Valley premier league, Premier Division

burgesshillbee
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 6:45 PM

Team(s): Brentford

Post #12 of 110 (9284 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kidology] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hildenborough Athletic 2 v 1 APM Contrast Kent County League Prem Division Admission & Prog NIL Att 20 Odd Tea 80p

With Henfield Bee needing to be back early we were fortunate to find this game on thanks to the clubs twitter feed and so we headed to Tonbridge for our first game in this league on a pitch that was in pretty good condition.

Going by car we parked in the Pay and Display car park (Free after 12.30 on Saturday) behind the high street off castle street (Swimming Pool car park) and then had to walk across some pitches to the multi pitch venue. Ground is simply roped off with no cover or hardstanding, but had a clubhouse where hot/cold drinks, sweets and crisps plus hot dogs and bacon rolls were on offer.

Hildenborough who are second were up against mid table APM but it was APM who went in at half time 1-0 up, second half saw Hildenborough come back to score 2 decent goals to win the match. The referee had a reasonable game but showed 8 or 9 Yellow cards, a number of which were for talking out of turn, though to be honest in most cases the players concerned all had a warning about their conduct before they got yellow cards later on.

Altogether there were 4 football matches and a couple of rugby matches going ahead at this venue today.

As it was this was the only game that went ahead in this division today.

Ashtree RockBee
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 6:58 PM

Team(s): Ashford Town (Middlesex), Bognor Regis Town, Brentford

Post #13 of 110 (9248 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burgesshillbee] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Ryman Isthmian League, Premier Division -
Enfield Town 0 Bognor Regis Town 1
Attendance 434
Admission 9, programme 2, badge 4, pint of Redemption Ale and ham roll in tiger bread-style dough 4.80

Magnificent effort by Enfield Town to get the game on, rewarded by a good crowd (including probably 100 Bognor fans) and an entertaining game which was much closer than it should have been.

Bognor should have been out of sight by half time but only managed a tap-in by James Crane in the 35th minute. The second half was end to end, nip and tuck and very even. Bognor needed a second to settle things down but Enfield Town keeper Noel Imber played an absolute blinder, making four fantastic saves and half a dozen more routine-looking ones in the game, and the home team brought out three good saves by debut keeper Nick Jordan and an excellent goal-line clearance by John Marzetti after the break. The only downers were Bognor defender Louis John rupturing a hamstring and ending his season, a 'lino' not much older than the infamous Swansea ballboy who took a while to get into his stride, and a very slow tea bar - we moved 10 feet in the queue during half time and had to give up on the Bovril.

Overall, though, Enfield Town are a really friendly club with amiable fans and a corker of a clubhouse. Great day out, regardless of the result.

(This post was edited by Ashtree RockBee on Jan 26, 2013, 9:01 PM)

VP

Jan 26, 2013, 7:15 PM

Post #14 of 110 (9210 views)
Shortcut
Re: [sandhurstbee] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
- One amusing incident as VP went to retrieve the ball and pointed out to Camberley player he was going as quick as he could and to leave him alone Cool

Ha. I'm glad my acting efforts were noticed! I wonder what I'd done had it been an RPV throw.
Good to get the game on today but it wasn't anything special. RPV deserved the win so no complaints from us. RPV are a bit like Lincoln City. No one talks about them very often leaving them to get on with their business in their own little way nice and quietly.
As always, a pleasure to speak to Mr & Mrs Bee before the game.

Dr Love
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 7:20 PM

Team(s): Halifax Town

Post #15 of 110 (9198 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Ashtree RockBee] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

QPR 2-4 MK Dons
FA Cup 4th Round

I'm thankful for two things about the seat I was in. The neighbouring fans were all decent sorts. Some more vocal than others, and only one near me who left early. I was in the Ellerslie Road stand which has very little room when in your seat. I'm 5'10" and found it cramped. A support also blocked part of the centre of the pitch, thankfully not interfering too much with viewing the action (and it did its important job of holding the roof up). This is a very cramped stadium and QPR have no room to expand.

It started with the hosts putting the ball in the net after about 50 seconds, but it was offside. Two minutes later they were 1-0 down from a corner. QPR did have more possession, but MK Dons made what they had count. Four chances, four goals, albeit courtesey of some dodgy defending. Their fans were always the more vocal. Chants of we want four were rewarded with the fourth.

Bobby Zamora came on later, one of the few home players to emerge with any credit, and helped QPR to claw a couple of goals back and create a few more chances that had another been converted would have made this an even more memorable game.

I was in a seat normally held by a season ticket holder. He was probably glad not to be there. I enjoyed it, as did the very vocal MK Dons contingent. Their players and fans didn't make a quick getaway, unlike their hosts.

osborne
First Team Sub

Jan 26, 2013, 7:34 PM

Team(s): Arnold Town/ Loughborough Dynamo

Post #16 of 110 (9163 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Dr Love] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Chertsey Town 1 Godalming Town 0 Southern League Central.
Admission 8
Programme 1.50
Tea 1- in a 0.25l polystyrene cup.

I've had this ground on my radar for awhile and with this part of the country snow free, today was my chance. I really liked Alwyns Lane, a proper town centre ground, with character. The pitch was heavy but definitely playable. The first half saw the visitors doing most of the attacking, but top of the table Godalming couldn't put the chances away. Chertsey, with only 3 league wins this season started to get into the game and on 27 minutes were awarded a penalty. The Godalming keeper tried to rip the face of the home number 10 and how he got away without being sent off, no-one knew? The penalty was scored and it was game on. The referee, who I'm afraid had a terrible first half, then awarded Godalming a penalty when the Godalming player clearly dived. He didn't consult his linesman who was shaking his head at the decision. Justice was done when the penalty was saved by the home keeper. The second half was virtually all one way traffic, but the home keeper made 2 superb saves. At the death the home team should have been 2 goals up, but the number 10 was thwarted by a great save by the Godalming keeper. The referee found 6 minutes of stoppage time from somewhere but Chertsey held on for a glorious win. The home fans stood to applaud the team off. I had a really good day out.

Veteran

Jan 26, 2013, 7:49 PM

Post #17 of 110 (9122 views)
Shortcut
Re: [acmold] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or

Gwynedd League Safeflue Shield Round 2

Trearddur Bay United 2 LLanystumdwy 1

No admission charge nor programme. Crowd approx 30.

Even though it seemed nobody on the island was answering their phones I decided to head for one of the usually safe bets in bad weather, the island of Anglesey, where I had 4 options. In fact there was no problem at all with my first choice at the seaside location of Trearddur Bay. The ground is railed on two sides, with the wall to the road accounting for the third, and several advert boards covering most of the near end. Nice little clubhouse in the corner with a tea bar serving hot and cold snacks.

Despite winning all 13 league games to date, the home side suffered a surprise Gwynedd Cup defeat to the lowly placed visitors three weeks ago and seemed determined not to succumb again, going ahead after two minutes and totally dominating the first half. However their opponents resisted stubbornly and had a lot more of the game in a poor second half. With less than five minutes to go they scored twice in a minute - unluckily for them the second of these was in the wrong net to give the homesters an ultimately unimpressive win.

(This post was edited by Veteran on Jan 26, 2013, 7:50 PM)

martin55
First Team Sub

Jan 26, 2013, 8:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #18 of 110 (9073 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Veteran] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Pwllheli v Caernarfon Town 0-5
Welsh Alliance Division One

Adm: 3

Having decided not to risk the M6 south to get to Chepstow, I dug out the car and slithered across Cheshire in into North Wales, which was largely snow free, with a couple of options further to the west.

Pwllheli was my first choice, being the slightly longer trip, and a game against second place Caernarfon. No problem with a pitch that was in decent condition for the time of year. The visitors were by far the better team and scored some well executed goals, two in the first half and another three in the second, to keep up their chase on top place Denbigh Town.

The ground is behind the leisure centre, railed on both sides with little room at either end. On the near side (where almost everyone stands) there is a covered stand with five steps of terrace, hard standing at the top of the bank, with a further bit of hard standing on one half at the bottom of the bank pitch side.

Food and drink available from a hatch towards the far end.

Attendance on the league website says 125. There were more there as my count got up 180.

No programme as the previous editor has left and no one else has stepped up to do it.

Can you remember who you were, before they told you who you should be?

nico
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 8:15 PM

Team(s): SV Schadenfreude

Post #19 of 110 (9040 views)
Shortcut

League Two

Chesterfield 0 Southend United 1 (Tomlin 84)

Admission: 18 & 12 / Programme: 3 (I didn't bother) / Attendance: 4,817 (away 291)

Any Port In A Storm: Part II. Bit of a smash and grab win for the Shrimpers really, since Chesterfield dominated possession and chances but just couldn't find a way past ex-Forest 'keeper, Paul Smith, who was excellent today. Tongue Enjoyed it, but after three consecutive Saturdays at a Football League match I'm desperate for some non-league action next week so please be kind, weather Gods! Angelic

One moment's high and glory rolls on by

Steveb
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 8:22 PM

Team(s): England, Leicester City, Bedfont & Feltham

Post #20 of 110 (9013 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

I was also watching Welsh Alliance football, as was Leo, who was also at this match ...

Welsh Alliance, Division One
Bodedern Athletic 0 Denbigh Town 1 (att 40 h/c - although the league website claims a fanciful 125)
3 admission, no prog as they didn't expect the game to be on

Denbigh stayed top of the league thanks to a hard fought win achieved with a goal after 70 minutes. The pitch was heavy, thanks to melted snow and rain, but it held up well despite more rain falling during the second half.

I'd be interested if anyone knows when Bodedern moved to Church Street. I saw them play at the school back in 2001 (along with loads of hoppers, for a very late season 18-0 win v Barmouth) but their ground move escaped me until some time after it happened.

The new(ish) pitch is behind the village hall, and is tighly enclosed with a seated stand towards one corner and three old dugouts providing extra cover.

Report and pics on the blog at http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/...-v-denbigh-town.html

http://stevebthegroundhopper.blogspot.co.uk/

Tim

Jan 26, 2013, 8:27 PM

Team(s): Stourbridge, Welton Rovers

Post #21 of 110 (8993 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Also at:

Enfield Town 0 Bognor Regis Town 1 (Isthmian League Premier Division) Att: 434

Little to add to Ashtree Rockbee's summary above. Impressed with the visitors, less so with Enfield, other than their keeper who was definitely man of the match. Bognor could easily have had four or five but for him. Liked the ground - good to see how an athletics stadium can still resemble a proper ground with a little bit of planning - and agree Enfield is a very friendly club. Very impressed with 9 admission for Step 3 in London; prog was decent for 2 quid; tea a bit on the weak side was a quid.

Most enjoyable.

Slumming It
Reserve Team Regular

Jan 26, 2013, 8:28 PM

Team(s): Leeds United, Rawmarsh Welfare (RIP)

Post #22 of 110 (8991 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steveb] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brighton 2 v 3 Arsenal, FA Cup 4th Round.

Quality game, a pleasure to watch (and the ground is a million miles from Stonebridge Road).

Bielsa ringing...

Leeds games are my priority but will go anywhere to not be home on a Saturday (Jeff Stelling or the BT version drive me out not my wife and kids).

youngster
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 8:29 PM

Team(s):

Post #23 of 110 (8987 views)
Shortcut
Re: [martin55] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Brantham 1-0 (aet) Whitley Bay
FA Vase 4th rd
Adm 7, progs sold out long before k.o.
Att 422, what a joke, there was between 700-800 easily.

Thoroughly enthralling 120mins, WB had more composure, probably better players, and certainly more chances. But Brantham's spirit (and a great goalkeeping display)saw them through. They battled for everything and deserved their place in the next round. Well done to all at Brantham for getting the match on, i was really pleased for them, until just now when i saw the official attendance. With almost every game called off in the area there was always going to be a big crowd for this one, just a shame the home club couldn't be honest about how many (unless of course, club members, away fans, and another 200 were let in for nothing).
This was Brantham' biggest game for just under 30 years, i was at that game too, when they lost to eventual winners VS Rugby. Hopefully this win can inspire them to go even further this season.

rambler77
First Team Star

Jan 26, 2013, 8:33 PM

Team(s): Oadby Town, Leicester City

Post #24 of 110 (8978 views)
Shortcut
Re: [nico] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

HUDDERSFIELD TOWN 1-1 LEICESTER CITY
FA Cup 4th Round

Adm: 10
Prog: 2
Att: 11,945 (4,000 away)

Poor game to be honest and Leicester got out of jail, which in reality they hardly deserved.

Huddersfield were the better side with Leicester lacking cohesion and were disjointed. Lee Novak put Huddersfield in front on 74 minutes from the penalty spot following Lloyd Dyers trip on Jack Hunt. Recent signing Chris Wood turned in Richie De Laet's cross eight minutes from time take this tie to a replay.

http://rambler77.zenfolio.com/

LondonBuck
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 26, 2013, 8:47 PM

Post #25 of 110 (8938 views)
Shortcut
Re: [kidology] Saturday 26th January [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

THE SALTS
RYE UNITED 5 Guernsey 6 (AET)
FA Vase
Admission 5
Programme sold out but name and address taken to send out a copy once more are printed.
Tea 50p (Compliments of UKPunk, thank you Smile)

A pleasant hour or so was spent in town, ticking off the GBG listed Queens Head pub and a fine pint of best bitter, then on to Marinos fish & chip shop for a delicious Rock & Chips Tongue

Pleased to have finally made it to Rye Utd and on checking my records this means today I completed Sussex County League Division 1 Smile The ground is somewhat basic with one side not available to spectators, however there is a good area of cover and an Arena grandstand. The area between the new clubhouse and the pitch was a bit of a bog. As was one side of the pitch with some sand put down, though plenty of grass in the goalmouths still Wink Also another ground to add to the train watching list.

A few minutes late kicking off while the anthem of Guernsey and also Sussex by the Sea were played out over the tannoy.
Rye took an early lead with two fine goals in the first quarter of an hour, but Guernsey got into their stride and hit back to level, which was to be the story of the afternoon. The conditions contributed to a fine game of football, holding the ball up nicely in the area for the players to get a few shots in, and we were treated to further excellent goals, 3-3 was the score at full time. Rye took the lead again in extra time but Guernsey hit back, they just could not hold onto that lead, in fact the home side so nearly had a vital two goal cushion at one point before it went to 5-5 and Guernsey scored a winner. A cruel blow for the Sussex team who did so well.
Very handy for those of us getting the train that this match went the extra half hour as it killed the waiting time we would have had for our service! Pleased to meet Mr UKPunk and other forum regulars, the only down side to the day was being unable to find Buncranaboy to update him on the score from Priestfield Sly

(This post was edited by LondonBuck on Jan 26, 2013, 8:51 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3