British Comics Message board

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 27, 2012, 2:17 AM

Team(s): Torquay United, Real Salt Lake, United Services Portsmouth

Post #1 of 6 (1927 views)
Shortcut
British Comics Message board Can't Post or Reply Privately

Hope it is ok to post this as i did a few years ago, i have my british comic board up again. Mainly for Champ but you can post about any comics!

http://champweareunited.proboards.com/

Thanks admin

Chris1963
Man City Transfer Target!

Dec 27, 2012, 8:20 PM

Team(s): Oxford United / Groundhopper

Post #2 of 6 (1862 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] British Comics Message board [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Not really a comics fan today, but I used to read them a lot when young.

Did you see the documentary 'Moominland Tales' about Tove Jansson on BBC4 last night? (there's a repeat on Weds 9th Jan, although in the small hours) As someone who read the books when young, this was of interest to me. It had a lot of interesting material about the Moomin comic strips that used to appear in British newspapers and although I only read the books, it was still fascinating anyway, particularly as there was an interview with Paul Gravett, the leading British expert on comics worldwide. (I once briefly met someone who is a close friend of Paul, but that's another story.) The most interesting revelation, however, was not about the comic strips but the fact that some of the characters in the books were closely based on Tove herself and two women she had lesbian relationships with.

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Dec 27, 2012, 8:34 PM

Post #3 of 6 (1855 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Chris1963] British Comics Message board [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Wow, i only remember the cartoon. Thanks for the heads up i shall look out for the repeat. This is the sort of goldmine stuff i could do with over there.

oxpete
Chelsea Transfer Target

Jan 25, 2013, 1:18 PM

Team(s): Pompey

Post #4 of 6 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Re: [bbcgull] British Comics Message board [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

bbcgull, I've just signed up on your Roy Of The Rovers forum - it looks great. Strongly suspect I'll end up on there for hours at a time when I should be working!

acmold
Man City Transfer Target!

Jan 25, 2013, 9:02 PM

Post #5 of 6 (1518 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] British Comics Message board [In reply to] Can't Post or

Saw the documentary about the Dandy on iplayer the other day, not sure if it was on the BBC in general or just on BBC Scotland It was done by Ford Kiernan of Still Game fame

bbcgull
Reserve Team Regular

Jul 26, 2013, 11:05 PM

Post #6 of 6 (960 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oxpete] British Comics Message board [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
bbcgull, I've just signed up on your Roy Of The Rovers forum - it looks great. Strongly suspect I'll end up on there for hours at a time when I should be working!

Oxpete,

I somehow mananged to miss the replies on here.

You should come over again as we dont see you there really.... come and join in and get posting there are some really good posts there..

There are even continations of Melchester Rovers stories done by members via there gaming platforms...

Anyone esle who is a comic fan from the old days ie Roy of the Rovers, Champ, Beano, Dandy.... so on... even Striker nowadays.... there is even an american area for DC and Marvel - come and join us.....

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3