Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Non-League Football Discussion: Restructuring Discussion:
Where would Guernsey play

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stourboy
First Team Star

Oct 31, 2012, 10:44 AM

Team(s): Stourbridge FC, Sheffield Wednesday

Post #26 of 36 (8343 views)
Shortcut
Re: [D A] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
I am sure I read somewhere that Guernsey may develop one of the other Stadia on the island should they achieve Promotion so Footes Lane is a must do sooner rather than later ground for Hoppers.

Anything upto about 50 did it for the Inter Island Games Barry !

To be precise , 04/07/2003.
Final.
Guernsey v Isle of Man.3-1.
I have a crowd of 3,000 in my diary( Head count or Official cannot remember)

Head counting 3,000 is impressive!

bomaya
First Team Star

Nov 3, 2012, 1:03 PM

Team(s): Merstham and Chelsea

Post #27 of 36 (8134 views)
Shortcut
Re: [stourboy] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

This thread feels very familiar. ;)

oftenscore6
Chelsea Transfer Target

Nov 22, 2012, 5:43 PM

Team(s): FCUM, MUFC, Hammarby, St Pauli, Hawthorn (AFL)

Post #28 of 36 (7807 views)
Shortcut
Re: [London Harrier] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To
As they come in to Gatwick, I'd guess RL1 (South) rather than SL (SW). I'd still expect them to have to pay opponents' travelling, but can't see the 'no midweek games' rule being enforced at this level (unless they could play double headers on Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun)..

There isn't a 'no midweek games rule' in the CCL. There are already three teams having to go out there midweek this season on dates TBA, they'll be more if GFC have a Vase run and then there are postponements...
But yes, almost certainly Isthmian 1 (S) IF they go up. I'm sure I've read that Gatwick is their base for mileage expenses in the Vase etc.

That's just farcical.

I can’t think of many Isthmian or Southern League club that would willingly undertake a midweek trip to the Channel Islands. How on earth could the logistics, time and expense be justified? Surely you would be talking about an overnight stay? Imagine Leiston or Margate going over there in the League Cup on a Tuesday evening.

Could a league force a club to make the journey midweek if it came to it?

You wouldn't necessarily have to stay overnight if the midweek game wasn't in the evening. Perhaps a kick off between 1600 and 1800 would work and allow flights back after?

-----------------------------------------------
Last new football ground (968) Dusseldorfer Strasse DSV 1900 1-4 DJK Blau Weiss Mintard
With FC United: 136
On the agenda:
4/12 Hamburg II v Luneburg Hansa
7/12 Fc United v Matlock Town

Steelback
First Team Star

Nov 22, 2012, 7:03 PM

Team(s): Northamptonshire Steelbacks : Peterborough United : San Francisco 49ers

Post #29 of 36 (7791 views)
Shortcut
Re: [oftenscore6] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Lowestoft Town & Leiston going to Lewes, Bognor, Hastings & Fokestone are trips of over 3.5 hours so a flight to Guernsey might be easier than a 7 hour bus ride midweek like Lowestoft had to Lewes on Tuesday night

‘Informative’ Posts Only, by order of the Forum KGB

VP
Man City Transfer Target!

Nov 22, 2012, 7:52 PM

Post #30 of 36 (7773 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Steelback] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Guernsey currently use Aurigny for flights.
At the moment, in the CCL, all the flights are in and out of Gatwick but Aurigny also fly to Guernsey from Stansted, Southampton, Manchester, East Midlands and Bristol so there are a few choices of airport. Flybe also go to Guernsey from nine English airports so there are probably quite a few options.

The Major
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2014, 9:14 PM

Team(s): Chelsea/Royal Marines/Portsmouth Royal Navy

Post #31 of 36 (6233 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Major] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

As i said this will happen.

Mike

The Major
Junior Team Regular

Sep 23, 2014, 9:20 PM

Post #32 of 36 (6228 views)
Shortcut
Re: [The Major] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

Like i said Jersey will Apply as will the IOM.

Mike

ladderman
Man City Transfer Target!

Sep 24, 2014, 10:38 PM

Team(s): Bishop's Stortford & Cambridge United

Post #33 of 36 (5870 views)
Shortcut

well done. you only said it once, though, and your timing was off.

Gladstone
Youth Team Star

Sep 26, 2014, 9:22 PM

Post #34 of 36 (5409 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Like i said Jersey will Apply as will the IOM.

Mike

Code
Makes sense to me.

Gladstone

The Major
Junior Team Regular

Oct 3, 2019, 12:16 PM

Post #35 of 36 (2890 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Northmaids] Where would Guernsey play [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

In Reply To
If Guernsey qualify through league position which league would they be allocated to.There is also the issue of costs,fixture timings etc.I understand Guernsey currently fund the other sides and their fixtures are arranged to accomadate their island position.Would that be possible in a higher league with more midwek games etc.
It would be interesting to see how this develops particularly if they reach conference level.
I wonder if Jersey will be next,would be a welome addition to the non league world.

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Oct 3, 2019, 1:11 PM

Team(s):

Post #36 of 36 (2778 views)
Shortcut

Both Guernsey and Jersey are deemed "resident" in Gatwick for determination of costs etc.

The leagues at their level are now capped at 20 teams so midweek games are consequently reduced.

Kick offs, both home & away, are negotiated with the opposition to find the most suitable times.

Currently Jersey are generally at home at 3.00, but away at 1.00

Both Guernsey and Jersey have to fund opposition travel from Gatwick.

(This post was edited by John Treleven on Oct 3, 2019, 3:40 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3