Non League Matters - The Continuation of Tonys english Football Site 

Main Index MAIN
INDEX
Search Posts SEARCH
IN

THIS FORUM IS NOW READ ONLY - PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE NEW FORUM HERE (CLICK LINK) TO REGISTER A NEW ACCOUNT - THANKS

Home: Archive: Other FA Competitions:
FA Sunday Cup - List of Entrants

Yorks Amateur
First Team Sub

Aug 31, 2012, 12:56 PM

Team(s): Bradford City

Post #1 of 2 (4099 views)
Shortcut
FA Sunday Cup - List of Entrants Can't Post or Reply Privately

The FA have confirmed that 131 sides have been accepted in to the Sunday Cup:

http://www.thefa.com/...ries---accepted.ashx

Durham FA will be well represented, as they have 8 new entrants!! Although 2 of them (Humbledon Plains Farm Nissan and Witton Park Rose & Crown) have definitely been in it before. Hartlepool Athletic Rovers may also have competed before, under the guise of Hartlepool Athletic Rugby.

There are a number of familiar sides returning to the Sunday Cup; Artois United from Kent (who have a superb website), Cutters Friday (Somerset), Drum (Hull), Enfield Rangers (Waltham SL), Oak Tree Pub (Liverpool) and Pineapple (Liverpool) are all names that I recognise from previous seasons (there maybe more but I'd need to check at home).

I'm glad to see that the following leagues will be represented; Mansfield & District (Bilsthorpe Celtic), Egremont (Cleator Moor & FC Labour), Carlisle (Club Victoria Ath), Great Yarmouth (El Sol & Windmill) Hambleton Combination (Northallerton Police & Sportmans) Grimsby & District (Pattersons) Leatherhead & District (Putney Town) Warley & District (Sporting Khalsa) and Heavy Woollen Gate (St John Fisher OB).

John Treleven
Qatar World Cup bid member!

Sep 1, 2012, 10:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #2 of 2 (4054 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Yorks Amateur] FA Sunday Cup - List of Entrants [In reply to] Can't Post or Reply Privately

131 entrants (up 5) so a Preliminary Round is required this season

51 "new" entries but that does include re-entries who did not enter last season

46 "drop outs" including four of the last eight from last season -
Lakeside (Semi-Finalists), Elm Farm, F.C.Tripimeni (banned) and Lea Hall (all Quarter-Finalists)

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3