The New Editors Instruction Manual

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 18, 2012, 12:07 AM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 6 (61694 views)
Shortcut
The New Editors Instruction Manual Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Firstly thanks for becoming a NLM Editor!

Updating a league couldn't be easier.....

1. Log into the admin here: http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/admin/fixtures/
2. Click on the Fixtures/Results tab at the top
3. Click on Add New Fixtures.... it's not a big link, you will see it just under where it says Admin - Fixtures and Results
4. A calendar will appear. Click on the date you want to enter a fixture or result for and it will be highlighted yellow
5. Below the calendar click on the division that you want to add a fixture or result to
6. Once you do that the software will load the teams into home team and away team drop down boxes. Simply add the fixtures and the kick off times. Add the results and attendance if issued if the game has already been played.
7. Click the add fixtures button at the bottom

That's it... you're done.

If a game isn't played and awarded to a team as a 0-0 win just enter the score as 99-0 to whichever team was awarded the game.
Points deductions post in the problems / corrections thread as I just noticed this isn't an Editor function as it was supposed to have been.

Any questions about using the Editor functions post in this thread rather than emailing me as other Editors might have the same question.

Cheers

burrow
Youth Team Sub

Sep 1, 2012, 4:23 PM

Team(s): Chester FC

Post #2 of 6 (61432 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] The New Editors Instruction Manual [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I am having an awful job logging in to the admin page.
I'm putting in my user name as burrow and also the password you told me to use but it won't get me any further than that. It just keeps coming back with the log-in page.

All these different languages the world over yet there is only one when you laugh or cry. burrow

MCMXC
Youth Team Sub

Sep 1, 2012, 5:16 PM

Team(s): Liverpool, Peterborough, Deeping Rangers

Post #3 of 6 (61426 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burrow] The New Editors Instruction Manual [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Isn't the user name the email address you used when you pressed the red "become an editor" button!

burrow
Youth Team Sub

Sep 1, 2012, 6:13 PM

Post #4 of 6 (61420 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MCMXC] The New Editors Instruction Manual [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Thanks for that. I finally got through. I only started yesterday so I'll get used to it in a minute.

All these different languages the world over yet there is only one when you laugh or cry. burrow

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 1, 2012, 9:38 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 6 (61398 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burrow] The New Editors Instruction Manual [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Thanks for that. I finally got through. I only started yesterday so I'll get used to it in a minute.

Feel free to post on how it was when you got in. As you are a new user I'm sure that will be quite interesting. We tend to only get posts when there are problems which perhaps give the wrong impression to people that the software is just crap and maybe puts off people who are maybe thinking of becoming editors too. So tell us... good or bad!

burrow
Youth Team Sub

Sep 2, 2012, 1:52 PM

Post #6 of 6 (61370 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] The New Editors Instruction Manual [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

After the problem of getting logged in, which I have now sorted, the putting in of results was fairly straightforward and the only problem I came to was the Harrogate v Bishops Stortford game. I was looking for the result and found it as 1-1 but later found that it had been postponed - after I had put the result in.

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3