2012/13 Update now online.....

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

RRYFS
First Team Sub

Aug 26, 2012, 7:36 PM

Team(s): Leicester City, AFC Bournemouth, Hamworthy United

Post #26 of 46 (38273 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I think that's just on the Editor screen. I input all of September for the DPL last night in one session, and while they didn't continue to show on the Editor screen, when I checked on the site they were all there.

Swindon Addick
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 27, 2012, 10:20 AM

Team(s): Cambridge City, Charlton Athletic

Post #27 of 46 (38235 views)
Shortcut
Re: [RRYFS] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think that's just on the Editor screen. I input all of September for the DPL last night in one session, and while they didn't continue to show on the Editor screen, when I checked on the site they were all there.

The CCL Premier is definitely showing no fixtures in September before the 8th. I'm not an editor for the site, so that will be what all random outsiders see.

Cambridge City - on a tour of places we've never heard of and can't spell.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 27, 2012, 11:53 AM

Team(s):

Post #28 of 46 (38226 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Swindon Addick] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

The CCL Premier is definitely showing no fixtures in September before the 8th. I'm not an editor for the site, so that will be what all random outsiders see.

I can only think that this is because there are no further August fixtures in the DPL whereas in the CCL there are. Presumably once the August fixtures are cleared in the CCL then September will display correctly.

Awaiting a fix for this together with the other bugs already mentioned.

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 27, 2012, 12:10 PM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #29 of 46 (38225 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

NWC premier

Entered fixtures for 1, 4, 5 Sept. They appear on my Admin screen of fixtures - In the results/tables/fixtures section 1/4 Sept are missing but 5th is there!

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 27, 2012, 9:23 PM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #30 of 46 (38199 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
NWC premier

Entered fixtures for 1, 4, 5 Sept. They appear on my Admin screen of fixtures - In the results/tables/fixtures section 1/4 Sept are missing but 5th is there!

As exactly as described in my posting of the 24th. I have added more fixtures since that date and only fixtures for the last date input are being displayed.

It will be interesting to see what happens come 1st Sept.

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Aug 28, 2012, 12:09 AM

Post #31 of 46 (38184 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Any idea when you'll be updating Wessex League so I can put those results/fixtures in?

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

MCMXC
Youth Team Sub

Aug 28, 2012, 11:33 AM

Team(s): Liverpool, Peterborough, Deeping Rangers

Post #32 of 46 (38162 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Any idea when you'll be updating Wessex League so I can put those results/fixtures in?

Same with the UCL

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 29, 2012, 6:27 PM

Team(s):

Post #33 of 46 (38105 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MCMXC] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Same with the UCL

I'm getting there. I just had notification this afternoon that the 'add a new team' bug is fixed as that was a pain.

I had reckoned on 6 weeks to get the site completely updated for the new season, I'm working through step 5/6 at the moment but real life keeps getting in the way :(

VP

Aug 29, 2012, 11:18 PM

Post #34 of 46 (38077 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I've input the last results from August in the CCL and joy - all of September's fixtures are now showing when I'm not logged in.
I know nothing about coding etc. but this issue seems a strange one to me.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 30, 2012, 11:29 AM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #35 of 46 (38049 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
I've input the last results from August in the CCL and joy - all of September's fixtures are now showing when I'm not logged in.
I know nothing about coding etc. but this issue seems a strange one to me.

At least it is a consistent problem and therefore should be relatively easy for a programmer to find and resolve. I guess only a few fixtures of the current month were input for programme tesing and no fixtures with more than one date for a second month. Water under the bridge now, hope it's sorted shortly.

burrow
Youth Team Sub

Sep 1, 2012, 6:16 PM

Team(s): Chester FC

Post #36 of 46 (37985 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I've updated all the Conference , North & South but the Harrogate v bishops Stortford game was called off and I don't know how to put postponed in the edit part.

All these different languages the world over yet there is only one when you laugh or cry. burrow

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 1, 2012, 9:33 PM

Team(s):

Post #37 of 46 (37969 views)
Shortcut
Re: [burrow] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've updated all the Conference , North & South but the Harrogate v bishops Stortford game was called off and I don't know how to put postponed in the edit part.

Postponed games just check the delete box and the fixture will need to be re-entered when the new date is known.

Cheers ... Steve

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 2, 2012, 4:17 PM

Team(s):

Post #38 of 46 (37940 views)
Shortcut
Re: [MCMXC] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To

Same with the UCL

These two are both ready to go. I've just got WMRL and Western League to do to complete everything down to Step 6 including all the maps and mileage charts.

Cheers

splodge
Chelsea Transfer Target

Sep 2, 2012, 7:58 PM

Post #39 of 46 (37927 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

In Reply To

Same with the UCL

These two are both ready to go. I've just got WMRL and Western League to do to complete everything down to Step 6 including all the maps and mileage charts.

Cheers

Cheers - Wessex Results and Attendances now on as are fixtures upto end of September.

www.twitter.com/splodgey
www.facebook.com/paulsplodgeproctor

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 2, 2012, 8:49 PM

Team(s):

Post #40 of 46 (37919 views)
Shortcut
Re: [splodge] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

In Reply To
Cheers - Wessex Results and Attendances now on as are fixtures upto end of September.

Nice one...Smile Thankyou

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 16, 2012, 9:39 PM

Team(s):

Post #41 of 46 (37758 views)
Shortcut

All known bugs arising from the software update have now been squashed apart from a small one that affects the +/- column in the attendance tables for clubs with more than a 100% drop in attendances.

I'm now moving the remaining Step 7+ and Welsh Leagues onto the current season and the site will be fully functional within a week or two.

Still need more editors for Step 7+ especially plus Wales and Northern Ireland if anyone is interested or knows someone that may be or is on another forum where a mention might be useful. I'm not asking anyone to spam other forums to recruit editors, but a mention wouldn't offend anyone surely, we are just trying to promote their league by keeping the fixtures and results up to date.

I could also do with a Isthmian League Editor as that doesn't seem to be getting updated this season. Click the big red button.

Hope you like the site changes from last season.

Cheers

Mister TwoU
First Team Star

Sep 17, 2012, 1:38 PM

Team(s): Malvern Town F,C,

Post #42 of 46 (37708 views)
Shortcut

Wow, that was sure a long and involved process Steve, but worth it in the end. May it be safely assumed that the next seasonal turn-over will be free of any glitches, having rooted them all out this time around?

I have to ask about "clubs with more than a 100% drop in attendances" though Steve. Surely that would mean that they now have minus figure attendances, seeing that they'll have lost more spectators than previously attended?

I'd love to help edit if I could, but the sporadic nature and uncertain hours in my line of business mean I'd not be able to guarantee my reliability as a regular editor. Is there any way that I might be able to edit in a kind of 'roving' ad hoc basis - maybe just doing 'catch-ups' here and there all over the place, during the irregular periods I occasionally have to hand?

Professional cretin.

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 17, 2012, 3:04 PM

Team(s):

Post #43 of 46 (37697 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Mister TwoU] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Wow, that was sure a long and involved process Steve, but worth it in the end. May it be safely assumed that the next seasonal turn-over will be free of any glitches, having rooted them all out this time around?

I have to ask about "clubs with more than a 100% drop in attendances" though Steve. Surely that would mean that they now have minus figure attendances, seeing that they'll have lost more spectators than previously attended?

I'd love to help edit if I could, but the sporadic nature and uncertain hours in my line of business mean I'd not be able to guarantee my reliability as a regular editor. Is there any way that I might be able to edit in a kind of 'roving' ad hoc basis - maybe just doing 'catch-ups' here and there all over the place, during the irregular periods I occasionally have to hand?

You have no idea... emails... phone calls... threats... pleas... months of it... but we seem to have got there is the end.

As far as attendances go... okay math was never a good subject for me but..... if a club averaged 100 last season and averages 300 this season then that is an increase of 200%. As far as I can see it should work the same the other way around. Take Jim Rushe Victoria as an example. Last season average 542 and this season 89 but only shows a decrease of -83.58%. Thinking about it now...... as I type this.... I suppose that's right. I told you I was no good at sums. It just seemed odd that you can have +200% but not a - more than 100% but as you rightly point out, 100% drop would mean zero so it's not a bug after all. Crazy

As for editing yes indeed that would help, there are a couple of people now who do the same thing. PM me real name and a email address that you want as a login and I will set this up.

Thanks

VP

Sep 17, 2012, 7:46 PM

Post #44 of 46 (37667 views)
Shortcut

Not a criticism as I know how much work you've done to get to where we are now, but there's one thing which I think is quite important that should be changed on the site.
At the top of the page it says step 1, step 2 etc.
This is fine and dandy for those of us who know which step leagues are at but a lot of people inside non-league don't and those outside, who we'd hope would use this site if they're looking at getting into non-league, definitely wouldn't know.
I don't know what would work best because you can't have every division listed at the top of the page for people to click on to go direct to it, but I feel some way of finding a league without having to know which step it's at should be the next improvement.

Apart from that, everything's fab and groovy. Cool

steve walker
Administrator

Sep 17, 2012, 8:18 PM

Team(s):

Post #45 of 46 (37659 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Not a criticism as I know how much work you've done to get to where we are now, but there's one thing which I think is quite important that should be changed on the site.
At the top of the page it says step 1, step 2 etc.
This is fine and dandy for those of us who know which step leagues are at but a lot of people inside non-league don't and those outside, who we'd hope would use this site if they're looking at getting into non-league, definitely wouldn't know.
I don't know what would work best because you can't have every division listed at the top of the page for people to click on to go direct to it, but I feel some way of finding a league without having to know which step it's at should be the next improvement.

Apart from that, everything's fab and groovy. Cool

Thanks and not taken as a criticism at all

There is no other way that I can think of to structure the site other than in Step levels.

There is however a Search facility via the Search Button in the top menu (not added to the forum yet but on the main site). You can search for a League or even an individual team aswell as searching for fixtures and results. If you didn't notice this then maybe the improvement should be to make that facility more prominent.

VP

Sep 17, 2012, 8:26 PM

Post #46 of 46 (37658 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

There is however a Search facility via the Search Button in the top menu (not added to the forum yet but on the main site). You can search for a League or even an individual team aswell as searching for fixtures and results. If you didn't notice this then maybe the improvement should be to make that facility more prominent.

I hadn't noticed that. That's exactly the type of thing I meant.
Ignore me!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3