First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 17, 2012, 11:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #1 of 46 (41717 views)
Shortcut
2012/13 Update now online..... Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

..... as the subject says this update is now online. I have just updated the Conference with the matches played so you can see how it looks here: http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/1/

EDITORS: there is still an issue with fixtures for clubs that have moved divisions appearing in the division they have moved FROM. You will just have to ignore these extra fixtures until this is fixed but we're six weeks late with the update and I can't wait any longer.

Although I have a list of Editors I don't know which leagues you edit unless I click on each individually so I can't let you know when your league is set for the new season. Sorry about that. So can I just ask that you check your league every few days until you see it has been re-set. You can then get in there and add any results / fixtures as normal.

Nothing much has changed except that there is now no need to post in the problems thread if a match has been awarded to a team. Just enter the score as 99-0 to the team that has been awarded the game and the software will record it as 0-0 win and add a footnote to the table.

TO ALL: We really need more Editors, particularly Step 7+, Welsh and Irish. I'm not necessarily talking about forum members or existing editors taking on more leagues that they aren't really interested in but more like if any of you are at games you might see if you can get a club official or fan interested in updating their own league. The traffic this site gets means that its in the interests of these leagues to have their fixtures and other information accurate and up to date.

Thanks

PaulC
Man City Transfer Target!

Aug 18, 2012, 8:48 AM

Team(s): AFC Darwen, Troon, Ayr Utd, Burnley

Post #2 of 46 (41696 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Highland League and South of Scotland League updated - all seems well.

(This post was edited by PaulC on Aug 18, 2012, 9:09 AM)

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 18, 2012, 9:37 AM

Team(s):

Post #3 of 46 (41685 views)
Shortcut
Re: [PaulC] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I think there is another small bug coming in that fixtures won't be able to be turned into results until midnight on the day of the game. This was bug fixed originally but the update seems to have broken it :(

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 18, 2012, 11:47 AM

Team(s): Hitchin Town

Post #4 of 46 (41665 views)
Shortcut
Re: [steve walker] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I think there is another small bug coming in that fixtures won't be able to be turned into results until midnight on the day of the game. This was bug fixed originally but the update seems to have broken it :(

1. Southern League fixtures input upto and including Monday 27 Aug.

2. Today's results will be input by 18.30 today assuming they are all available from the SL web site.

If the results are not updated until the next day as stated above, what is the effect if a second editor duplicates the input.??

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 18, 2012, 12:05 PM

Team(s):

Post #5 of 46 (41660 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To

If the results are not updated until the next day as stated above, what is the effect if a second editor duplicates the input.??

I don't think it will even let you input the results until after midnight, that's the problem, not the site not updating until after midnight. I haven't checked this too thoroughly, it's easier just to wait and see what happens so this was just a heads up warning.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 18, 2012, 7:11 PM

Post #6 of 46 (41640 views)
Shortcut

All Southern League results input and accepted by 19.00.

Odd that the first league input was saved OK and then for no obvious reason they all disappeared.

Having re input them, together with the other 2 leagues, they all appear to be OK.

Searching results looks OK, leagues OK, Attendance Statistics record the correct high and low figure but the +/- figure looks odd, not sure what it should be.

chienmort
First Team Sub

Aug 18, 2012, 7:25 PM

Team(s): Poole Town FC, Queens Park RANGERS.

Post #7 of 46 (41636 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Hitchin-John] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

I was trying to update the SL fixtures and had the following problems:

1. Some fixtures were showing as being in the wrong division although they seem to have updated corectly.

2. Despite all the results being input, the fixtures are still showing.

3. Attendances. Relegated and promoted clubs have +/- figure in attendances. Is that correct?

Poole Town FC - les couilles du chien

Haywain
Reserve Team Regular

Aug 18, 2012, 9:51 PM

Team(s): Luton Town

Post #8 of 46 (41620 views)
Shortcut

I've just put in the Conference results for today, but Oxford City v Chester (Conf North) wasn't available - presumably as promoted sides they're stranded in their old leagues! In the editors view some of the forthcoming fixtures are showing up in the wrong divisions - for example Kettering v Hemel Hempstead Town shows as a Conf fixture.

Haywain - following the Hatters through thin and thin.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 18, 2012, 10:12 PM

Post #9 of 46 (41614 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Haywain] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I've just put in the Conference results for today, but Oxford City v Chester (Conf North) wasn't available - presumably as promoted sides they're stranded in their old leagues! In the editors view some of the forthcoming fixtures are showing up in the wrong divisions - for example Kettering v Hemel Hempstead Town shows as a Conf fixture.

Having just looked again, the fixtures are showing because most of the results have mysteriously disappeared. It was perfect at 19.00.

I think we're wasting our time until all the bugs are fully identified and corrected.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 19, 2012, 11:51 AM

Team(s):

Post #10 of 46 (41574 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To

In Reply To

Having just looked again, the fixtures are showing because most of the results have mysteriously disappeared. It was perfect at 19.00.

I think we're wasting our time until all the bugs are fully identified and corrected.

I'm not sure what is going on here. It could be that when the fixtures clear from the front page they also clear any results that have been put in as I noticed they were still appearing as fixtures even after the game had been played. I will have to try and test this.

I think the Oxford v Chester game just wasn't entered as a fixture at all, that's why it wasn't available. I've added it now

(This post was edited by steve walker on Aug 19, 2012, 11:55 AM)

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 19, 2012, 11:59 AM

Team(s):

Post #11 of 46 (41568 views)
Shortcut
Re: [chienmort] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I was trying to update the SL fixtures and had the following problems:

1. Some fixtures were showing as being in the wrong division although they seem to have updated corectly.

2. Despite all the results being input, the fixtures are still showing.

3. Attendances. Relegated and promoted clubs have +/- figure in attendances. Is that correct?

1. is an admin problem.. see the first post

2. yes, needs fixing. I'm thinking this may be causing the disappearing results but I'm not sure

3. The +/- percentage figure in the attandance table compares the current average with last seasons and seems to working correctly

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 19, 2012, 12:01 PM

Team(s):

Post #12 of 46 (41564 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
All Southern League results input and accepted by 19.00.

Odd that the first league input was saved OK and then for no obvious reason they all disappeared.

Having re input them, together with the other 2 leagues, they all appear to be OK.

Searching results looks OK, leagues OK, Attendance Statistics record the correct high and low figure but the +/- figure looks odd, not sure what it should be.

They had disappeared again this morning so I have put them back in. We'll have to see if we can figure out what triggers this and pass it back to FDC

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 20, 2012, 9:05 AM

Team(s):

Post #13 of 46 (41489 views)
Shortcut

Well no disappearing results this time. Sundays result at Wakefield stayed put even though the fixture didn't disappear off the front page until midnight. Strange one.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 20, 2012, 11:10 AM

Post #14 of 46 (41475 views)
Shortcut

Agreed everything looks fine. Just 2 SL fixtures tonight, results should be input by 22.00 hrs. Lets hope for no problems.

Tuesday's fixtures might be a different matter, wih 3 fixtures on Wednesday.

As I am on hols Tue - Fri I may not get access to a PC, but can catch up later unless some one else can help out.

multilevel
Reserve Team Sub

Aug 20, 2012, 7:06 PM

Post #15 of 46 (41429 views)
Shortcut

I've been adding fixtures for the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division (and will also do Divisions One and Two once their 2012-13 constitution are updated on NLM).

All seems well when inputting fixtures and the list of fixtures at http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/admin/fixtures/ is fine. However, on http://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/divisions/24/, the only September fixtures that show up are for 29th September. I've tried deleting one of the fixtures and re-entering as a test but it doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 20, 2012, 7:35 PM

Team(s):

Post #16 of 46 (41423 views)
Shortcut
Re: [multilevel] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

You're right Mad

These fixtures are in the database if you use the search by date function but they are not displaying on the league page.

What's odd is that the Bedfordshire League fixtures for September ARE displaying correctly. I need to look at this closer.

[Edit] Okay I have worked out what is happening and reported as a bug.

(This post was edited by steve walker on Aug 20, 2012, 8:00 PM)

VP

Aug 22, 2012, 1:25 AM

Post #17 of 46 (41358 views)
Shortcut

I started having a play with the Combined Counties tonight.
Braintree Town Reserves have somehow appeared as a COCO1 team in the list of fixtures and results on the editing page but they're not showing on the main site.

One thing that isn't a bug - Eversley FC in Combined Counties 1 have changed their name to Eversley & California.

There seems to be an issue with attendances as well. I've put them all in but only Saturday's are showing up. I may have to redo the others and save after each date rather than doing the lot in one go. It's too late for me to start experimenting now so I'll have a look over the next couple of days.

**late addition to the above**
It seems you have to click on 'save results' every time the button's there to get the data to stick. Last season one click on any of the buttons saved everything.

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 22, 2012, 10:08 AM

Post #18 of 46 (41338 views)
Shortcut
Post deleted by Hitchin-John [In reply to] or Reply Privately

D A
First Team Star

Aug 22, 2012, 10:42 AM

Team(s): Airstrip 1.

Post #19 of 46 (41333 views)
Shortcut

of .

'I'm not cynical. I'm just experienced'.
29/11/2012. Anyone need numbers for Cheddar F C please p/m.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 22, 2012, 9:52 PM

Team(s):

Post #20 of 46 (41275 views)
Shortcut
Re: [VP] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
I started having a play with the Combined Counties tonight.
Braintree Town Reserves have somehow appeared as a COCO1 team in the list of fixtures and results on the editing page but they're not showing on the main site.

One thing that isn't a bug - Eversley FC in Combined Counties 1 have changed their name to Eversley & California.

There seems to be an issue with attendances as well. I've put them all in but only Saturday's are showing up. I may have to redo the others and save after each date rather than doing the lot in one go. It's too late for me to start experimenting now so I'll have a look over the next couple of days.

**late addition to the above**
It seems you have to click on 'save results' every time the button's there to get the data to stick. Last season one click on any of the buttons saved everything.

I will change the Eversley name.

I've noticed too that the data seems to be saved in 'sets' with its own button. I don't really think this is a problem so have not bug reported it

The other issue is know about... awaiting a fix. Just ignore the unwanted fixtures on the editing screen... Thanks

@ Hitchin John... as far as I am aware there is no software issue that changes the data that is input

(This post was edited by steve walker on Aug 22, 2012, 9:55 PM)

johnanderson
Reserve Team Star

Aug 23, 2012, 5:05 PM

Team(s): bolton,farsley celtic, ossett albion, ossett town, budleigh salterton,

Post #21 of 46 (41219 views)
Shortcut

Cymru Alliance

I have changed the name of Conwy United to Conwy Borough for this season. This also changed the name to Conwy Borough in the 2011-12 archive table when the club played as Conwy United. Is there any way to keep the United name in the 2011-12 table ?

Hitchin-John
First Team Sub

Aug 24, 2012, 7:24 PM

Post #22 of 46 (41154 views)
Shortcut
Re: [johnanderson] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Southern League

I have today input September fixtures upto and including Wed 5 Sept.

All fixtures are displayed in Admin (once I had highlighted the correct month) (one of the suttle changes)

However;

Enquiring for September fixtures using the Steps 3 - 4 icon show the following:

Premier League: Fixtures/Results Sept 5th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st,3rd,and 4th not displayed.
Central League: Fixtures/Results Sept 4th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st not displayed.
South & West : Fixtures/Results Sept 5th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st,3rd,and 4th not displayed.

In each case, the last fixture date input is displayed, earlier dates are not.

Enquiring using the Search icon show the following:

Searching for fixtures by date input will display all fixtures for that date for all leagues.
Do not get any successful answers when seaching by League or Team. Not sure what results should be displayed.
Perhaps a "noddy guide" will be useful

Maybe all this is covered by earlier postings, if so I apologise, if not, maybe useful information.

Pandoman
Junior Team Sub

Aug 25, 2012, 9:28 PM

Team(s): Aldershot Town

Post #23 of 46 (41097 views)
Shortcut
2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

Just put todays Hellenic results in and the system insists on putting Henley's result down as Premier Division even though I correctly (twice) input it as Division One East - the same happens with Letcombe's result which it won't accept into the West putting it instead in the East. In both cases the division the system insists on putting the results in is the one they were in last year even though this year's constitutions are correct.

steve walker
Administrator

Aug 26, 2012, 11:24 AM

Team(s):

Post #24 of 46 (41071 views)
Shortcut
Re: [Pandoman] 2012/13 Update now online..... [In reply to] Quote | Reply or Reply Privately

In Reply To
Just put todays Hellenic results in and the system insists on putting Henley's result down as Premier Division even though I correctly (twice) input it as Division One East - the same happens with Letcombe's result which it won't accept into the West putting it instead in the East. In both cases the division the system insists on putting the results in is the one they were in last year even though this year's constitutions are correct.

It's a known bug..... and it's a pain I know.

It should all appear correctly on the site, it's just on your Editor screens that it's wrong.

VP

Aug 26, 2012, 4:53 PM

Post #25 of 46 (41046 views)
Shortcut

In Reply To
Southern League

I have today input September fixtures upto and including Wed 5 Sept.

All fixtures are displayed in Admin (once I had highlighted the correct month) (one of the suttle changes)

However;

Enquiring for September fixtures using the Steps 3 - 4 icon show the following:

Premier League: Fixtures/Results Sept 5th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st,3rd,and 4th not displayed.
Central League: Fixtures/Results Sept 4th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st not displayed.
South & West : Fixtures/Results Sept 5th displayed, fixtures for Sept 1st,3rd,and 4th not displayed.

In each case, the last fixture date input is displayed, earlier dates are not.

I've had this for the first time.
I input September 1st, 4th & 5th fixtures in the CCL a few days ago. I did them on different days and everything was fine. Inputting the 4th didn't make the games from the 1st disappear for example.
I've just input September 8ths and the earlier ones in September have all gone.

(This post was edited by VP on Aug 26, 2012, 4:57 PM)

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

free hit counters

Search for (options) HOSTED BY SUMMIT SOCCER v.1.2.3